Commander
      • Nov 2020

Nice homemade EAB manifold!!!! ;)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wlambing
        Nice homemade EAB manifold!!!! ;)
        LOL. That's why I had these awful flash-backs to EAB drills as I was mounting this thing!

God, I hated those... and it seemed each time I had to pull one of those clammy, uncomfortable things over my puss I got the one previously used by a two-pack-a-day smoker who had yet to realize the virtues of oral hygiene!!! Same thing with Scott air-packs and OBA's! YUCK!
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

LOL. That's why I had these awful flash-backs to EAB drills as I was mounting this thing!

God, I hated those... and it seemed each time I had to pull one of those clammy, uncomfortable things over my puss I got the one previously used by a two-pack-a-day smoker who had yet to realize the virtues of oral hygiene!!! Same thing with Scott air-packs and OBA's! YUCK!
          YES! Scott air-packs masks! Learned that lesson well! I finally broke down and purchased my own, and OMG It even went home with me off shift, and even bunked with it during down time!!

Rob
          "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• Aug 2008

"... as I was mounting this thing!"

Sorry for the visual!

David
            The Horrible
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SteveNeill
                Commander
                • Apr 2020

You have always had great drawing skills. Unfortunately or fortunately(depending on your POV), like it or not that makes you an artist. Most new alleged talents today need AI to illustrate and they think drawing by hand or any kind of fabrication by hand is outdated. It's always refreshing to come visit you and your actual work here.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by SteveNeill
                  You have always had great drawing skills. Unfortunately or fortunately(depending on your POV), like it or not that makes you an artist. Most new alleged talents today need AI to illustrate and they think drawing by hand or any kind of fabrication by hand is outdated. It's always refreshing to come visit you and your actual work here.
                  I'm a ****ing Craftsman... Damit! https://youtu.be/yUGxDF7nYQ8 Push my buttons, will ya!!!

That out of the way, I have an interesting story to relate to you if I find the time later today, Steve. You'll love it. It deals with my 'artistic' skills and the premier SF movie reference document, Watch The Skies.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• wlambing
                    Commander
                    • Nov 2020

Ooh! Don't forget how wonderful it is to get the mask that the last user cleaned out with way too much Wescodyne and put it away wet. Looked like someone pooped in it!!! I do know that CO's are not appreciative when they grab that one!!!!!!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by wlambing
                      Ooh! Don't forget how wonderful it is to get the mask that the last user cleaned out with way too much Wescodyne and put it away wet. Looked like someone pooped in it!!! I do know that CO's are not appreciative when they grab that one!!!!!!
                      (If the last guy was an Auxiliaryman, then, yeah, it likely was poop)

David
                      Ducking for Cover
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SubDude
                          Captain
                          • Dec 2019

There are those who might call him MacGyver...

I just refer to him as 'Sir' as I humbly lay tribute at his feet.

You must be looking for an effect that only something like this can give.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubDude
                            There are those who might call him MacGyver...

I just refer to him as 'Sir' as I humbly lay tribute at his feet.

You must be looking for an effect that only something like this can give.
                            Yes, indeed. The device is a means of projecting a spackling of toothpaste onto a surface that is being weathered. That water soluble medium acting as a painting mask. A mask that is easily removed with a damp cloth.
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SteveNeill
                              Commander
                              • Apr 2020

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

I'm a ****ing Craftsman... Damit! https://youtu.be/yUGxDF7nYQ8 Push my buttons, will ya!!!

That out of the way, I have an interesting story to relate to you if I find the time later today, Steve. You'll love it. It deals with my 'artistic' skills and the premier SF movie reference document, Watch The Skies.
                              Ha! OK a craftsman. A person that can make anything with their bare hands whether there's electricity or not.

I'd like to hear that story. When you have time.​

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by SteveNeill

Ha! OK a craftsman. A person that can make anything with their bare hands whether there's electricity or not.

I'd like to hear that story. When you have time.​
                                LOL. FINALLY!... I beat you into submission, Steve. Took long enough.

(For everyone looking over our shoulders: Steve Neill is very much an 'artist', in every complementary meaning of the word. Look up his **** -- decades of amazing stuff. R/c aircraft, submarines; flying rockets; public domain; commercial; and motion picture-TV work).

OK, Steve, I'll relate the entire, lurid story tonight. Should be good for a few LOL's.

David
                                Illustrator Wanna-Be
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...