X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
    Alright... whazzup with the torpedoes!?
    This guy is bat-**** crazy. But he's good at everything he does, and for his first r/c submarine he broke everything in the book: DON'T put too many gadgets in it; DON'T drive like a maniac; DON'T take your teacher back to school and rub his nose in it, etc.

Yeah, I'm talking about Mike Bratley.

He's working up a 1/35 Bronco Type-23. And... of course... it's got to have practical torpedoes. *sigh*. So, Bob, that's what I'm working on. Modifying the kit supplied torpedoes so he can take a page out of your book and make them electrically powered.

Pretty much like the work I did on your torpedoes, Bob.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
      Detail Nut of the First Order
      • Sep 2010

Sounds to me as a normal guy, watch the weight if you want to go electric with your torps

Manfred.
      I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
        Sounds to me as a normal guy, watch the weight if you want to go electric with your torps

Manfred.
        Point well taken, Manfred.

Yeah... OUR flavor of 'normal'. Indeed.

I'm with you on the overall weight, we're sourcing aluminum tube with a .014-inch wall thickness for the cylindrical section.

How about more pictures of your basement shop/chamber-of-horrors?

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
          Detail Nut of the First Order
          • Sep 2010

David,
          Try cigartubes, thin walled aluminum, the cave was flooded this autum, not that much water, so no damage, this was due to foundationproblems of my neighbours, for now problems are solved, booting up the cave this week.

Manfred.
          I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
            David,
            Try cigartubes, thin walled aluminum, the cave was flooded this autum, not that much water, so no damage, this was due to foundationproblems of my neighbours, for now problems are solved, booting up the cave this week.

Manfred.
            "... main cooland pumps to FAST!"
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albacore 569
              Commander
              • Sep 2020

In the skipjack sail photos above. The masts raise and lower electrially? I see the wires. Moter water proof? Our are the hydraulic powered by a water pump?

Steve

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Looking trimmed down there, Dave. Has Bob got you on a workout?

Merry Christmas.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture

Looking trimmed down there, Dave. Has Bob got you on a workout?

Merry Christmas.
                    LOL. I wish. That's a three year old shot.

Merry Christmas, sir

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SteveNeill
                      Commander
                      • Apr 2020

David,

Somewhere in here you said something about being mean or being viewed as mean. I hate to say say this and I'll probably get a big **** you for say so (I'd expect nothing less) but you are a kind you have a good heart.

I have known you for years and all you have ever been is kind and generous to us fledglings with a passion for modeling and making. You have helped us, sent us generously things we needed, imparted great skills and knowledge to help us all become better craftsmen and artists. That’s right artist. Like it or not you are a great artist. I’ve seen your drawings.

Despite your being banned from every forum out there for being honest and just trying to help, you remain here cranking out work at breakneck speed that keeps us all amazed. Most importantly of all it keeps us inspired. Many of us wake up everyday busting to get into our shops to make something.

To one of the greatest makers I have ever seen, thank you and Merry Christmas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8552 (1)small.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	167978
                      My big robot I made using many skills I learned from you. Talk about standing on the shoulders of Giants.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by SteveNeill
                        David,

Somewhere in here you said something about being mean or being viewed as mean. I hate to say say this and I'll probably get a big **** you for say so (I'd expect nothing less) but you are a kind you have a good heart.

I have known you for years and all you have ever been is kind and generous to us fledglings with a passion for modeling and making. You have helped us, sent us generously things we needed, imparted great skills and knowledge to help us all become better craftsmen and artists. That’s right artist. Like it or not you are a great artist. I’ve seen your drawings.

Despite your being banned from every forum out there for being honest and just trying to help, you remain here cranking out work at breakneck speed that keeps us all amazed. Most importantly of all it keeps us inspired. Many of us wake up everyday busting to get into our shops to make something.

My big robot I made using many skills I learned from you. Talk about standing on the shoulders of Giants.
                        Shush!... you're ruining EVERYTHING!

David
                        The Horrible
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Davjacva
                              Lieutenant Commander
                              • Nov 2022

Originally posted by SteveNeill
                              David,

Steve,
                              when Dave gets his 'Khan Noonien Merriman' thingy going on, and power tools are being hurled to the floor and Merriman groupies are scurrying for cover, just ask him about John :) This is Dave's get 'Into Heaven For Free' card, and that he's truly done the walk of walks.
                              Jake

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...