Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    Do you cut off the rear bulkhead or does the rear hull plug into the stern piece?
    Stay tuned. How are your r/c submarines coming along?

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Do you cut off the rear bulkhead or does the rear hull plug into the stern piece?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    I'll be paying attention to what you do here. Although the XXI I have is from the Czech guy, so I think, the boat you are working on looks about the same size as mine. And mine is a flat styrene hull with many many PE parts. So I'll be having a lot of touchy filling and filing/sanding to do. But that's not going to happen this year or next probably.
    This beast is a collaboration between me and fellow ship driver Joe Hoffman. I'll produce two 1/96 scale Type-21's. One for me, one for Joe. Our objective: to sweep away all Allied shipping and make City Lake (Rocky Mount, North Carolina) secure for unrestricted use of the Axis Powers.

Some old pictures to bring you up to date on this project, Ken:

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    I'll be paying attention to what you do here. Although the XXI I have is from the Czech guy, so I think, the boat you are working on looks about the same size as mine. And mine is a flat styrene hull with many many PE parts. So I'll be having a lot of touchy filling and filing/sanding to do. But that's not going to happen this year or next probably.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    BACK TO THE TYPE-21... FOR THE OCTOBER 'FLEET-RUN'

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    Doesn't the auxillary drive tunnels have grilles?
    Yup. Poor Craftsmanship on my part.

David

Leave a comment:

• ffr2608
    replied
    Great work Dave. The waterline detail is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Doesn't the auxillary drive tunnels have grilles?

Leave a comment:

• Das Boot
    replied
    Sweet boat.

Leave a comment:

replied
    DONE... FINALLY!!!!

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    Ya knowwwwww. We don't need the DT meetings. Everything you need to learn and know is right here in the over 2,000 posts from David. Although it's nice to BS and actually talk to people once in a while.
    I regard my occasional still picture dump to the site useful, but the real teaching opportunities are the many excellently presented, and information rich videos produced by Bob Martin -- that's where the 'hands-on' tips and tricks are best illustrated in my not so humble opinion.

David

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Ya knowwwwww. We don't need the DT meetings. Everything you need to learn and know is right here in the over 2,000 posts from David. Although it's nice to BS and actually talk to people once in a while.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

Working...