X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver
    Thanks David,

That really seems to be good sound advice! Your input is always appreciated!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat."
    Instead of 'sweet-talk', meaningless pap, and the typical 'it's all good' bull-**** others will salve you with, I'll give it to your straight, without varnish.

Clarity is a virtue. The real world is indeed black/white; yes/no; true/false; and right/wrong. There is no maybe. There is no try. There are no multiple solutions to a specific problem.

Absolutes are never achieved but should be strived for. Anything else is the road to chaos (hello, 2023).

That thing is a kids toy. Learn from it what you can, and when you're ready, spring for a big-boy toy.

Micro Lathe II Archives - TAIG Tools

CENTRAL MACHINERY MINI LATHE MODEL 93212 7 INCH X 10 INCH 120V 60 HZ 3/4 HP | eBay

David

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Thanks David,

That really seems to be good sound advice! Your input is always appreciated!

Rob

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver

Hi David,

Your take on the below photo of a Lathe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0120.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	168768

My wife (bless her heart) purchased this 6 in 1 tool systems as a gift, and it just so happens to have this lathe as one of the tools! It says it will do wood, and light metals such as alum. copper and some brass! It's only a 12-volt unit. I do have a speed control that I could wire into it to get a little more performance. Is there any hope for this or is it just a toy?

Thanks for your input!

Rob
    Play with it, and if you find that a lathe is useful to your work, go out and buy a real one.

David

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Hi David,

Your take on the below photo of a Lathe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0120.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	168768

My wife (bless her heart) purchased this 6 in 1 tool systems as a gift, and it just so happens to have this lathe as one of the tools! It says it will do wood, and light metals such as alum. copper and some brass! It's only a 12-volt unit. I do have a speed control that I could wire into it to get a little more performance. Is there any hope for this or is it just a toy?

Thanks for your input!

Rob

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

Working...