• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveNeill View Post
    David,

Somewhere in here you said something about being mean or being viewed as mean. I hate to say say this and I'll probably get a big **** you for say so (I'd expect nothing less) but you are a kind you have a good heart.

I have known you for years and all you have ever been is kind and generous to us fledglings with a passion for modeling and making. You have helped us, sent us generously things we needed, imparted great skills and knowledge to help us all become better craftsmen and artists. That’s right artist. Like it or not you are a great artist. I’ve seen your drawings.

Despite your being banned from every forum out there for being honest and just trying to help, you remain here cranking out work at breakneck speed that keeps us all amazed. Most importantly of all it keeps us inspired. Many of us wake up everyday busting to get into our shops to make something.

To one of the greatest makers I have ever seen, thank you and Merry Christmas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8552 (1)small.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	167978
    My big robot I made using many skills I learned from you. Talk about standing on the shoulders of Giants.
    Shush!... you're ruining EVERYTHING!

David
    The Horrible

Leave a comment:

• SteveNeill
    replied
    David,

Somewhere in here you said something about being mean or being viewed as mean. I hate to say say this and I'll probably get a big **** you for say so (I'd expect nothing less) but you are a kind you have a good heart.

I have known you for years and all you have ever been is kind and generous to us fledglings with a passion for modeling and making. You have helped us, sent us generously things we needed, imparted great skills and knowledge to help us all become better craftsmen and artists. That’s right artist. Like it or not you are a great artist. I’ve seen your drawings.

Despite your being banned from every forum out there for being honest and just trying to help, you remain here cranking out work at breakneck speed that keeps us all amazed. Most importantly of all it keeps us inspired. Many of us wake up everyday busting to get into our shops to make something.

To one of the greatest makers I have ever seen, thank you and Merry Christmas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8552 (1)small.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	167978
    My big robot I made using many skills I learned from you. Talk about standing on the shoulders of Giants.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Subculture View Post

Looking trimmed down there, Dave. Has Bob got you on a workout?

Merry Christmas.
    LOL. I wish. That's a three year old shot.

Merry Christmas, sir

David

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named View Post

Looking trimmed down there, Dave. Has Bob got you on a workout?

Merry Christmas.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• Albacore 569
    replied
    In the skipjack sail photos above. The masts raise and lower electrially? I see the wires. Moter water proof? Our are the hydraulic powered by a water pump?

Steve

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by MFR1964 View Post
    David,
    Try cigartubes, thin walled aluminum, the cave was flooded this autum, not that much water, so no damage, this was due to foundationproblems of my neighbours, for now problems are solved, booting up the cave this week.

Manfred.
    "... main cooland pumps to FAST!"

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    David,
    Try cigartubes, thin walled aluminum, the cave was flooded this autum, not that much water, so no damage, this was due to foundationproblems of my neighbours, for now problems are solved, booting up the cave this week.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by MFR1964 View Post
    Sounds to me as a normal guy, watch the weight if you want to go electric with your torps

Manfred.
    Point well taken, Manfred.

Yeah... OUR flavor of 'normal'. Indeed.

I'm with you on the overall weight, we're sourcing aluminum tube with a .014-inch wall thickness for the cylindrical section.

How about more pictures of your basement shop/chamber-of-horrors?

David

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    Sounds to me as a normal guy, watch the weight if you want to go electric with your torps

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by RCSubGuy View Post
    Alright... whazzup with the torpedoes!?
    This guy is bat-**** crazy. But he's good at everything he does, and for his first r/c submarine he broke everything in the book: DON'T put too many gadgets in it; DON'T drive like a maniac; DON'T take your teacher back to school and rub his nose in it, etc.

Yeah, I'm talking about Mike Bratley.

He's working up a 1/35 Bronco Type-23. And... of course... it's got to have practical torpedoes. *sigh*. So, Bob, that's what I'm working on. Modifying the kit supplied torpedoes so he can take a page out of your book and make them electrically powered.

Pretty much like the work I did on your torpedoes, Bob.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Alright... whazzup with the torpedoes!?

Leave a comment:

replied
    A Master's key responsibility to the Craft is to teach. The foundation of my accumulated useful knowledge is a mountain of misdirection from others, shop ****ups, wrong choices, and premature arrogance.

David

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    David,

It is hard for an armature sub builder such as I am to really know how to even put into words what a master builder you are! I most likely would just embarrass myself to even try! I have followed all 104 pages of your "Todays Work" platform, and my wife will attest to this, I walk away shaking my head as to your knowledge and skillful abilities! "Perfectionist" says it all! There is no other word that can describe your achievements!

I really appreciate what you have done with your Hunley build. I once again am at a loss for words. David, that is one beautiful boat, and thank you for sharing the build!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat."

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X