Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFR1964
    replied
    Thanks Peter,

It's just as you stated, mix it with some CA on the spot and it will begome hard, easy to sand, you mentioned micro balloons, i have them also in stock, worth to try if it will work the same.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• Peter W
    replied
    Love it Manfred, nice pics of some nice details. How do you use baking soda as a strengthener ? I assume you mix it with some type of glue ? I tend to use microballons with Devcon but would be interested in knowing a little about the applications of baking soda?

All the best,

Peter

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    All those pesty details are slowing me down, but i want to have them placed all before i can close both hull parts, doing this afterwards will push me back further more.

Placing all the bars inside the floodholes took more time then estimated, still have to reinforce them with some bakingsoda.

Added the same construction at the other torpedohatch, it will take some tinkering to get the travel right, but that can be done when i close this hull part for testing.

Had to make a new bracket for guiding all rods to the front diveplane and torpedohatches, made some reinforcement on both sides against torque.

This is where i stand now, all rods placed, now it's time to start tinkering to get the slidingaction to work.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    David,

Yeah, head first and hold your breath if things will work out well, everyone has to carry it's own burden.

Thanks Peter,

To me it's the best way to show how things work, pictures alone won't work, so adding a vid is a plus.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• Peter W
    replied
    Like that Manfred, good video.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Most of us avoid complexity and 'extra features'. Manfred, on the other hand, jumps in head first!

Ride 'em, Cowboy!

M

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    David,

I've been talking to her, she won't do nosediving, if she does, i'll cut off her tale!, that will teach her!

Romel,

RIP:wink:

Tom,

The learningcurve for me is becoming steeper and steeper, god i love this!

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    The suspense is killing me.
    I am right there with you Romel!

Manfred, a joy to watch and learn from, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    The suspense is killing me.
    Last edited by redboat219; 09-25-2013, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    An excellent presentation there, Manfred. I hope you don't encounter the pitch-down problem I continue to have with mine. Get that sucker into the water, please!

M

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    Did some testing with the complete builded SD, and found me a error, duh, i must have been sleeping, i had to switch one servowire and it was solved.
    Splitted the hull in half and shoved in the SD, still have to tinker with the connections in front, but the rearpart is in working order, enjoy the vid.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    The rear bulkhead is finished and tested, still have to build up the entire SD, and give it some rigurous testing,

Removed the fuse from the BEC circuit, since there is already a electronic safety inside against high currents, this rearpart is tested and paired with my Wfly transmittor.

All components together, ready to be assembled, once it has passed my testing i can start dryfitting it inside the hull, i'll have to split the hull for that, so i can adjust all rods to my needs, yet another unlucky advantedge using the vertical split, but wen it's done, it's done.
    Let's get this beast alive!

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

replied
    LOL (insert evil laugh here).

M

Leave a comment:

• MFR1964
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Sorry, I stand corrected. Manfred, please forgive me.
    Hmmmm, yet again i can switch down the lightning generator, this way i can never try my new angelwing anodes, oh well, next time better.

Manfred.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Originally posted by MFR1964
    Wow, it's getting busy at my thread, one at the time guys,

As for the batterypack, those are 6x AA Eneloop cells, packed into three rows of two, that's giving me 7,2 volts, actually the voltage will be higher when fully charged.

Manfred.
    Sorry, I stand corrected. Manfred, please forgive me.

Leave a comment:

Working...