• Sep 2012

Excellent info there, Tom!!
    Cultural enrichment for sure.
    Thanks for the post!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

hey! ... all of you:

Stop with the, 'that-a-boy', and the 'Gee ... nice work', posts. Waste of band-width, and you're ****ing me off!

Don't make me come over there!!!!!!

M
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• crazygary
        Captain
        • Sep 2012

Sorry, Master!
        I shall slink off to my room now.

Grasshopper

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
          hey! ... all of you:

Stop with the, 'that-a-boy', and the 'Gee ... nice work', posts. Waste of band-width, and you're ****ing me off!

Don't make me come over there!!!!!!

M
          Oh yeah, the conversation about the pimpled backside was SO much better. :-)
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by trout
            Mike,
            The standard I referred to was using the Select Files button in the Insert Image pop up. It is not working. The Basic Uploader is circled in yellow.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]25845[/ATTACH]
            It may be a flash/java issue on the server needing to be updated.....Flash and Java both have had a ton of updates.
            As far as the double postings, it is a known issue with vBulletin 4.2.2 and so is the posting error. vBulletin forum has suggestions for possible work arounds on these.
            I found this information about uploading images:

It has come to our attention that there is a security issue in the uploader.swf file included as part of the Yahoo User Interface (YUI) library included in vBulletin 4. As the version of YUI included in vBulletin is end-of-lifed, Yahoo will not be fixing this issue. Their recommendation is to remove the file from your server. We recommend that you replace this with an empty file of the same name (attached). What this will do is force vBulletin to use a fallback javascript based uploader which is already provided in your system.

See: YUI Security Bulletin

The vulnerable file is also present in the vBulletin 5 download package though not used by the vBulletin 5 front-end. We recommend that you delete the file and replace it with the attached file.

We have also updated all download packages for vBulletin 4.X and 5.X with the new empty file.

To resolve this issue take the following steps:
            1. Delete uploader.swf located in clientscript/yui/uploader/assets or /core/clientscript/yui/uploader/assets
            2. Replace it with the attached file.

Alternatively, you can download the vBulletin package for your version and replace it from that download.

Note: We will not be fixing the vulnerability in the SWF file directly nor do we plan to take any other action on this issue at this time.

Hope this helps, i had to say that before you slap me M for this off topic post.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

No, no. Good stuff, Tom. And thanks for posting this stuff. Might help.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

So thats whats been going on. I thought that it was my computer. What Ive had to do was use the "Basic uploader" Button and post one picture at a time.
                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

Those changes need to be made at the server, until that is done we will need to use Basic uploader.

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

Those changes need to be made at the server, until that is done we will need to use Basic uploader.
                    I had a word with our web master.

Here are his comments -

Flash & Java are both client based programs. They run on the end user’s web browser, not on the server. Nothing needs updating on the server.

The issue he has quoted below is regarding a vulnerability, and when it was announced months ago, I took care of it. Nothing to do with image uploading, or double posts.
                    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

That is great, then why is it not working? Is it acceptable to you that it does not work?

Since uploading multiple photos stopped at the same time for multiple people on different OS's, it would suggest server side issue (or an update that all clients need to install), but it is not my place to second guess your webmaster. Here we have found that the multiple newer Flash and Java updates have messed up programs (both server and client side). Those programs needed to be updated or modified.

As far as double posting goes and the error message once posted, vBulletin site all mention server - since I do not have a vBulletin server running or an account to get into the bug list and trouble shooting part of vBulletin, I must defer to your expert. I am just picking it up from the public vBulletin forum.

I will back away from mentioning this anymore........

Comment

• Kazzer
                        • Aug 2008

That is great, then why is it not working? Is it acceptable to you that it does not work?

I will back away from mentioning this anymore........
                        I have no idea why it isn't working. We are setting up a trial of VB5

Comment

• trout
                          Admiral
                          • Jul 2011

Sorry Mike, I love this site and take things a little too far, please forgive me. I know the PITA I can be.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Come on, Tom! Don't whoose on us now, now that you have Mike on the ropes ... kick him in the nut-sack! Do it!, do it now!!!

M
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                              Admiral
                              • Jul 2011

Oh my, if I was drinking something, I would have sprayed it all over the place after reading your comment David. I can't stop laughing must have been a stressful day and needed the humor.

Comment

• Kazzer
                                • Aug 2008

Oh my, if I was drinking something, I would have sprayed it all over the place after reading your comment David. I can't stop laughing must have been a stressful day and needed the humor.
                                It's not funny Tom! Given half a chance, he would have done this! But, I have my dog trained to do groin nibbling. As soon as you're on the ground, he rogers your leg!

Comment

Working...