X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

thats the ex USS Catfish SS339 Baleo class boat sold to the ARA just before the Falklands war. Was strafed and captured and boarded by the Brits and scuttled during the war. It was raised again a few years later and moved to deeper water and sunk again. I wonder if that picture is when they moved it. It doesnt look like its being stormed by Royal Marines there.

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

I dont even remember where I got it. During my picture searches I only "Save" the website if its likely to produce abundantly. Many websites only have a couple of pictures. If I were a dedicated picture person, I would record everything............not
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Von Hilde
        Rear Admiral
        • Oct 2011

Roger that on the not recording everything, Like saving the old pop tops off the beer cans and hooking them all together. Then What??

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Perception is everything. This Ohio class, as you know, is extremely long. In this view, it seems rather short doesnt it. Probably has a lot to do with this particular cameras focal length and whathaveyou stuff....thingy.Click image for larger version

Name:	Ohio Class.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	81105

Comment

• Von Hilde
            Rear Admiral
            • Oct 2011

wide angle+telephoto lense distorts perception makes fotos appear more dimentional appearing. A sketch artist has to do the reverse because he is bi focal and has to express what he sees in a one dimentional plane. A wide angle lense has to give a 3 dimentional appearance on a single plane media.

Comment

• Roddersuk
              Lieutenant
              • Sep 2011

Of course it does. Why didn't I think of that?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                Rear Admiral
                • Oct 2011

Simple as Chinese Arithmatic.......in Brale, I see the powerball half billion dollah winner is from Zephyrhills, anybody you know Admeral?

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

I live in Zephyrhills, and I occasionally shop at that Publix. I havent been keeping up with it. Has the winner come forward yet?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	USS Albany.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	81130Click image for larger version

Name:	USS Albany closer.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	81131

Comment

• Von Hilde
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Oct 2011

The picture of the Albany has the Jacobs ladder semi deployed. The picture was taken from the door of an H-60, according to the Navy's official original photo. It was in the Chessapeak Bay after returning from a deployment several years ago. I would assume they are standing by to recieve the Harbor Pilot aboard if he isnt aboard already

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

WOW! How do you know all that stuff.....what you said and that....yeah that.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Oct 2011

Im 70, with 8 years active duty NSW and 35 years Navy contractor. I payed attention when I was in school. and I have a 150 IQ. The answer is {D} all the above. What do you suppose the Watch with the shotgun is looking at?
                        Last edited by Von Hilde; 05-22-2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

Looks like he is looking slightly off to his left. Probably just looking in general.

Comment

• greenman407
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

Not put into production, at least not as of yet, is a advanced design for the sail on the Virginia classClick image for larger version

Name:	Advanced sail for Virginia class.jpg
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	81155

Comment

• Von Hilde
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Oct 2011

finally changed the tall Atlantic design from post wwii. I read that there are several different designs for the Block IV and up Virginias, on the development board. Most are larger than that particular one. Some are designed to house ROVs and other that type equipment. Not much going on in that one it appears. Looking at that, the only things sticking out like a sore thumb are the radar dome and dish. Somebody should incorperate a hydro dynamic fairing to house that junk, like they do on aircraft. The TR-1 (Lockheed U-2 varient) is a good example. The "Dragon Lady" TR-1 is fitted with an aerodynamic dorsal fin that houses a satalite dish to transmit real time info it gathers from all the sensors housed elsewhere on the aircraft, back to command situation rooms.
                              Last edited by Von Hilde; 05-23-2013, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
                                Admiral
                                • Feb 2009

Im sure that HWSNBN(He Who Shall Not Be BLAMED) could tell us a few things about this picture.Click image for larger version

Name:	Underwater cutting torch.jpg
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	81164

Comment

Working...