X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roddersuk
    Lieutenant
    • Sep 2011

Von Hilde, I don't think that you paid too much attention at school in English Grammar classes as you wrote that " you payed attention at school".

Comment

• reddevil
      Commander
      • Jun 2009

That new design for VIRGINIA class resembles to me a lot of russian subs sails.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Its cute, thats for sure.Maybe too cute, thats why they paid all that money for development and design and construction and then..........................didnt use it.
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Von Hilde
          Rear Admiral
          • Oct 2011

I had a British english teacher, while I was in Turkey, and couldnt understad a word she said, but my Grammer was an old lady of German decent and spoke relitively good english. She was an American citizen but spoke German at the house. Spell check... Whazzatt!! Fo Net Ticks worx jus s gud. Cypher this: question {F U N E X ?] answer {S V F X}question {F U N E M}? answer {S V F M} conclusion { OK L F M N X} The schools that I paid attention in wasnt grammer school. Much more serious educational curriculim

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
            Im sure that HWSNBN(He Who Shall Not Be BLAMED) could tell us a few things about this picture.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20245[/ATTACH]
            If he's pumping O2 through the electrode, he's cutting. If not, he's welding.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Roddersuk
              Lieutenant
              • Sep 2011

It's Grammar, Von Hilde. My apologies if I seem pedantic, but English is my mother tongue and I was quite good at Literature and Grammar at school. I found it more interesting than French or Latin and as events have since proved far more beneficial. I did learn some German whilst stationed there and a smattering of Malay and Chinese whilst in Borneo and Singapore. I have to admit to being a typical Brit as when working with Italians and Germans in the UK they have always spoken credible English and preferred to do so. So, I and my colleagues were the archetypical lazy Brits and just spoke English. Terrible, eh? (That's the Canadian part of my linguistic skills)

Comment

• Von Hilde
                Rear Admiral
                • Oct 2011

I would be curious to know about the glass in the facemask of the dive helmet. Weather or not there is a special eye shield attachment or if the glass is photosensitive like on the new hi tec welders shields.

Comment

• Von Hilde
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Oct 2011

Thankx Roddey. and the cypher reads: FUNEX= Have you any eggs? SVFX= Yes we have eggs. You have to say the letters out loud with a strong Cock ne and you will have ham n eggs for breakfast

Comment

• Subculture
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

Someone's been watching the two Ronnies.

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

The infamous IVY Bells listening pod that the Soviets found and put on display.Click image for larger version

Name:	ivybellspod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	81207

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
                        The infamous IVY Bells listening pod that the Soviets found and put on display.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20290[/ATTACH]
                        A Special Projects icon. The magic of inductance.
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

Certainly not breaking news but a good set of pictures to be sure.Click image for larger version

Name:	Akula prop.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	81273Click image for larger version

Name:	Akula prop closer.jpg
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	81274

Comment

• greenman407
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

You can see the SOKS sensors sticking out of the hull on this akula along with the scoops.Click image for larger version

Name:	akula tiger.jpg
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	81292

Comment

• Von Hilde
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Oct 2011

Stumbled on to some interesting facts researching sub to sub engagements during WWII. The IJN I-25 sank the Russian sub L-16 on Oct 11 1942 with her last torpedo, on the way back from the US Coastal raids in Origon and California. The raids along the coast Were with the IJN I-17. Both these boats had deployed "Glen" aircraft during these raids. The I-17's attack on the Richfield oil, avaition fuel tanks on the night of Feb 24th '42 was a blunder to say the least, but it was the first attack on US soil. Basiclly destroyed a pier and a pump house at the facility after 20 min of firing around17 rounds of 14cm from the deck gun. The pump house was set afire and about $500 damage was done. The poor marksmanship was most likely due to the mile off shore range and miscalculations of the gunnery officer. Excitedly, Captain Kozo Nishino radioed back to Imperial command, "Santa Barbera was left burning and he was proceding to Los Angeles. He had already decided that San Diago and San Francisco were to highley defended. There were reports of light signal communication comming from the bluffs long the coast near Golita, that night as well, so the targets were already well pre selected. Coincidently the next night was the WWII "Battle of Los Angeles" when an unidentified aircraft buzzed the city and the antiaircraft batteries blasted blindly away at the foggy night sky. Over 10 tons of AA fell back to the ground and did conciderable dammage. Sounds like the "1942"comidy movie. I-25 was the first of the bunch to attack a continental military base. Fort Stevens Oregon's baseball backstop was destroyed by rounds from the deck gun, and one soldier was killed while trying to de arm a DUD round. A documentry about these incidents is long overdue.
                              Last edited by Outrider; 05-29-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
                                Admiral
                                • Feb 2009

Thats interesting about sinking the Russian sub.
                                Astute carrying Special forces containerClick image for larger version

Name:	Astute special forces container.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	81311

Comment

Working...