Name:	Sargo Bow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	83889Click image for larger version

Name:	Sargo bow more.jpg
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	83890
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	Becuna sail.jpg
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	83957Click image for larger version

Name:	Barbaro 1949 masts including snorkel.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	83958

Comment

• Von Hilde
        Rear Admiral
        • Oct 2011

trivia for the day : Barbero was the first sub to launch a rocket mail capsule in the late 50s Click image for larger version

Name:	barberomail.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	83959 Most likely the first same day delevry airmail. UPS and FEDEX should buy up all those old surplus BMs and do same day different continent. Packages wouldnt gat any more dammaged in delivery as by the old box truck guys. Just stick a big ram air cargo parachute to let it down for a percision soft R/C guided delevry. Recycle the capsules like SEALAND containers. Make the capsules out of recycled plastic bottles, to cut costs. Just think, if you recieve a westbound package, techniclly, you could get it before they sent it. Of course it may be a bit pricey
        Last edited by Von Hilde; 10-22-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

If we could plant a camera in a UPS distribution point and one for FED EX and one for US Mail, you would be horrified seeing all these packages thrown and other wise rough handled. They tell you thats what insurance is for, except that there stupid way of transfering packages is the root cause of needing insurance! Dont get me started on that one!!!!!!Swearing Smiley

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

PIRATES!! Funny, I dont see Capt. Jack Sparrow amongst them. Hang em Higher!!Click image for larger version

Name:	20110223133006651515.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	83979

Comment

• Von Hilde
              Rear Admiral
              • Oct 2011

Chinese pirates Won Hung Lo and the gang. They got twin Suzukis on that barge. could out run em easy, its a propaganda shot. We dont hang em when we catch em. Its a little more agressive action. My son is an FC-2 SW in the Navy. Thats what his team does on a regular basis. Pirate intrediction in the IO. Heres a couple of after action pics of a recent incident off Somolia' before Click image for larger version

Name:	pirates.jpg
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	83989duringClick image for larger version

Name:	piratesx.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	83990and no prisoners Click image for larger version

Name:	piratesw.jpg
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	83991just evidance recovered. He said they usually jump overboard and swim back.He's on his favoriteyeah right. and I have a bridge 7 miles long, down here I'll sell ya. And my son says that Tom Hanks movie is prity much full of Bullshat. Typical hollywood crap. Stupidest line in the movie, overheard on the one MC of the warship when the frogs jump out of the C 130, "Seal Team six Inbound" Like they would announce the arrival of a movie star on the red carpet. BTW the bridge IS for sale, but it needs a little work.
              Last edited by Von Hilde; 10-24-2013, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

I guess it was only a matter of time. Dont ask, dont tell kinda thing.

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Mystics attachment hatch stuff.....thingyClick image for larger version

Name:	DSRV-1 Mystic.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	83992

Comment

• Von Hilde
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Oct 2011

I like the hi tech buckets to catch the hydraulic fluid that drips out of the quick disconects. A gazillion dollar piece of equipment and a couple of 2 dollar home depot buckets. Of course when purchased thru the milspec supply system those buckets cost the Navy a couple hundred apiece

Comment

• JSSN700
                      Ensign
                      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      Tethered buoys that, when deployed, carry communication antennas near or above the surface.

David,
                      Not a silent propulsion system :(

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

I think its one of the 41 for Freedom boatsClick image for larger version

Name:	AM SSBN.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	84003

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
                          I think its one of the 41 for Freedom boats[ATTACH=CONFIG]23585[/ATTACH]
                          616-640 class. Interesting: looks like a full-flying upper rudder. New to me.

M
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
                            I think its one of the 41 for Freedom boats[ATTACH=CONFIG]23585[/ATTACH]
                            616-640 class. Interesting: looks like a full-flying upper rudder. New to me.

M
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Roddersuk
                              Lieutenant
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                              that massive bar, is the support for the torpedo to keep at a it nose up angle, as its slipped over the top and aft by the crew outside, then the chainfall and block and tackle are hung from it once its inside the boat to facilitate loading the tubes. Notice the beefy rivited section supports that hold the bar. They didnt want to take the chance of dropping the warhead end on the deck while loading under inclimate weather
                              Be that as it may. The main reason is to support the hull where there is such a large opening. In RN boats the support is removable for loading and replaced afterwards as its' intended role of a frame supporting the pressure hull.

Comment

• Roddersuk
                                Lieutenant
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                                The Pomodon getting the Guppy treatment in 47 sure shows the influance of the type XXIs flowing lines on the sail and upper hull. The Corpral and Cobbler were Subron 8 boats. That pic is in Key West early 60s after the new sails. Most likely tied up next to the Bushnell AS15 which was here, as well as the Gillmore AS16 during the Cuban crisis Oct 62. The boats in the back are some "8"boats as well.
                                The boats astern are P or O class RN, RCN or RAN

Comment

Working...