X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Bob,
    Since I will not be able to make it, will you mail my t-shirts?
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Das Boot
      Rear Admiral
      • Dec 2019

Dinner reminder. Dinner is Thursday at 6 pm Eastern, for those wishing to eat, at Farm to Fork, directly behind the Hampton Inn. The meeting room has been reserved. The food is excellent.
      Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Fishb0y
        Lieutenant
        • Jul 2023

Apparently, I signed up for the wrong SUBFEST 2023...
        Welcome to another year of Subfest at Stove Works, where the captains of Chattanooga DIY-space “The Submarine”!
        Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Comment

• Wizzard033
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Sep 2023

I will not be able to attend this year but I'm hopeful for 2024'. I have a 1:48 Type VII C printing right now. Hopefully I will have Mister Darby and Das Boot ready next year.

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Someone please post any photos of the event so far....a daily update would be helpful....I am dying here. This is tough not being able to attend.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• rwtdiver
              Vice Admiral
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by trout
              Someone please post any photos of the event so far....a daily update would be helpful....I am dying here. This is tough not being able to attend.
              I agree Tom!

I am looking forward to any photos they could send our way!

Note: I did see a 1:00 min video on Bob's YouTube channel when he just arrived..

Rob
              "Firemen can stand the heat."
              Last edited by rwtdiver; 09-15-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                Welcome to my underwater realm!
                • Aug 2009

David says to hold your horses and he says hi!

these are the only ones I can upload without resizing. I’m working off my iPad and only have a few minutes before todays event.

it’s been a ton of fun so far. Water is so so for clarity (relatively speaking, of course). Alan, the caretaker there drained and refilled the spring last night. Hoping for much better today!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Subculture
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Patience is a virtue, wait until the event concludes and the horses are stabled.

Comment

• wlambing
                    Commander
                    • Nov 2020

Bob also posted a video featuring raffle and for sale table items. :)

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Sep 2015

List of Captain names please.

I wanna know who I missed seeing...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	crying-face.png
Views:	158
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	173842
                      v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                      NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                      USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• rwtdiver
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
                        David says to hold your horses and he says hi!

these are the only ones I can upload without resizing. I’m working off my iPad and only have a few minutes before todays event.

it’s been a ton of fun so far. Water is so so for clarity (relatively speaking, of course). Alan, the caretaker there drained and refilled the spring last night. Hoping for much better today!
                        Thanks Bob,

We do appreciate you and David taking the time to upload the photos! It's as close as I will ever get to enjoying "Subfest"

Thanks again, keep them coming! Hi to David..

Rob
                        Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• Davjacva
                          Lieutenant Commander
                          • Nov 2022

Sorry to everyone that couldn't make it. Here's some photos of the event. The event was opened for Wednesday, but most people came on Thursday. The service by the Red Clay Resort and Nautilus Drydocks was superb. A really first-rate event. It rained a little Friday, and then a few times on Saturday, but much was done. The event was very relaxed, and you were mostly free to run whenever in an incredibly awesome pool/pond. The water this year apparently was cloudier than other years, even though the facilities attempted to clear it up. It really only affected underwater filming as it was silty. I'm still perplexed with the constant spring-fed flow of why it's not constantly crystal clear with the volume flowing through there. It still was an incredible time. Definitely will come next year. I took a lot of video, but apparently my Nautilus wouild jynx whoever was filming when assisting me. First, Casey went and took all this video with my I-phone and nothing came up. Later, Fred filmed for me for quite a while using an overhead drone, but something went wrong and nothing took. Later tried again and the drone lost GPS reference and wouldn't play. So back to the I-phone. Later on Friday, I waited until nightfall and did some night filming. My rudder broke and I was in a perpetual left turn. Got some great shots, but the Go-Pro just couldn't get close enough for shots. Lastly, I have to say, I met a lot of really superb people, had great conversation, and learned a hell of a lot. I don't want to sound like I'm making an Academy Award acceptance speed, but I have to say a special thanks to our Bob, who really has spoiled us with his service to this hobby on many fronts, Steve Hodges...because many things besides the monetary input, and to the master of ceremonies himself...Dave Merriman who keeps us all breathing above water. He's like the master pitstop mechanic. Anyway, that's it for now, these are all my photos that I took, so hope you all that didn't get to go will feel like you went a little.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                            Captain
                            • Sep 2014

I am driving home as I write this. Carol is driving now. I did take lots of video which I will pass along to Bob for him to edit. I also have Davids underwater video as well but not usable really due to water clarity. Some of which will not or cannot be used. Lol.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Feb 2019

Thanks David,

We all appreciate you taking the time to upload some great photos! Looks like everyone is having a good time.

Thanks again,

Rob
                              "Firemen can stand the heat."

Comment

• trout
                                Admiral
                                • Jul 2011

Thank you for uploading the photos! Looks like a great time was had by all!

Comment

Working...