Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SubSteve
    Lieutenant
    • Apr 2022

AND, I got to witness Dr. Merriman climb down from Olympus for a couple of days. He layed hands on a dead servo in Ken's boat and brought it back to life!

Comment

• SubSteve
      Lieutenant
      • Apr 2022

Do we know if there will be a single repository for all photos and videos again this year? I think Bob hosted it last year.

Comment

• Das Boot
        Rear Admiral
        • Dec 2019

Here are a few pics.
        Attached Files
        Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

SUBFEST is back and better than ever! Mark your calendars for Thursday, September 14th through Sunday, September 17th. SUBFEST 2023 will be our fourth annual, tremendously successful RC submarine event. It is an opportunity for RC submarine enthusiasts to gather together to run their boats, see each other's projects, learn

Just got back from the Georgia SubFest four-day all-submarine regatta.

Unpacked, and all boats post-missioned. Next event, about a month from now, is the NC, Rocky Mount, City Lake 'Fleet-Run'. An interesting event: just 1/96 scale ships and submarines. Should have at least four boats up and running for it.

This Disney NAUTILUS was assembled by Dave 'Jake' Jacobs from a Ray Mason kit. We had little time to check it out for the event but were amazed and pleased to see it performing beautifully both on the surface and submerged!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
            Welcome to my underwater realm!
            • Aug 2009

I just set up a Google Drive Folder where everyone should be able to upload photos and video. I have my photos as well as a few from the stationary GoPro and drone. LOTS to go through and I'll work on this over the next few days. Before I get a video up, I'll put a gallery up on my site and link to it here.

Here is the link to the folder. Please feel free to upload your photos and video!

Comment

• SubSteve
              Lieutenant
              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
              I just set up a Google Drive Folder where everyone should be able to upload photos and video. I have my photos as well as a few from the stationary GoPro and drone. LOTS to go through and I'll work on this over the next few days. Before I get a video up, I'll put a gallery up on my site and link to it here.

Here is the link to the folder. Please feel free to upload your photos and video!
              Probably just me but that link is empty (?)

Comment

• Subculture
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

I believe the idea is that it’s a central repository for others to upload their photos and they should appear in due course.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                  Captain
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by RCSubGuy

Bob, I'm going through all the video I have and removing any non usable stuff to simplify your reviewing of it. Also to break it up into related segments. I'll upload as I can and will note here when I am done. Lot's to go through. And also David's underwater video.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ken_NJ

Bob, I'm going through all the video I have and removing any non usable stuff to simplify your reviewing of it. Also to break it up into related segments. I'll upload as I can and will note here when I am done. Lot's to go through. And also David's underwater video.
                    Thanks for all the picture taking and help with the video, Ken. Much appreciated. See you at the next Groton get-together.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                      Captain
                      • Sep 2014

Your very welcome David!

Bob, can you copy off the files that I already uploaded so I get more room to upload the rest of my video files. I'm at my maximum space used. I don't know how Google drive handles storage space so hopefully you copying them off frees up space for me. And I still have David's underwater video to go through and upload as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2023-09-21 at 7.10.12 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	168.0 KB ID:	174169

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                        • Aug 2009

All cleared out, Ken!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SubSteve

Probably just me but that link is empty (?)
                          It's a repository, not a sharing folder. I'll create a proper sharing platform in due time, but for now I just need to get all the photos and video to me in one place.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                            Captain
                            • Sep 2014

For anyones information about Google Drive.

By default you get 15gb of Google Drive storage, which is what I have. Anything more than 15gb you need to pay for. In this case I asked Bob to copy off the files. I then had to go into my Google Drive and delete the files.

Even though I copied files to Bob's Drive, Google considers them my files so those files are added up against my default of 15gb.

Thanks Bob. I'll post when the next batch of files are done uploading.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                              • Aug 2009

I just uploaded a bunch of pics to the SUBFEST page of my site. There is also a feedback form for those of you that joined us there. I'd love to hear your feedback, good or bad!

More pics coming as they get to me. Video will take a few weeks to get done. It's a massive project to go through all that footage, rest assured.

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                                Captain
                                • Sep 2014

Bob, I'm done uploading video that I took. This is a list of the files you should have. I'm still going through David's video (time consuming).

If you can copy these off so I can reclaim space, thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-09-22 at 7.43.03 AM.png
Views:	152
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	174203

Comment

Working...