X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

The Official SUBFEST 2023 Thread

Click image for larger version  Name:	SUBFEST2023_LOGO.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.4 KB ID:	170413

SUBFEST is back and better than ever!

Mark your calendars for Thursday, September 14th through Sunday, September 17th.

SUBFEST 2023 will be our fourth annual, tremendously successful RC submarine event. It is an opportunity for RC submarine enthusiasts to gather together to run their boats, see each other's projects, learn from each other, attend seminars, win prizes, compete against one another, and generally... have an awesome time.

SUBFEST is not only for sub skippers. Anyone is welcome and there is no better way to "get your feet wet" if you're thinking about getting into the hobby than coming in, talking about subs with experienced owners, and getting your hands on the sticks of a real, working RC submarine.

Check out a video of last year's event here:

Full Skipper Registration offers unlimited access to the venue for operation of RC submarines in the beautiful waters of the Red Clay spring-fed pool, seminars, and competitions. It also provides 10 free tickets for the annual raffle.

Spectator Registration offers the same benefits, but without the ability to bring your own boat to run, and with no free raffle tickets included (though they are available for purchase at the venue)

Our awesome SUBFEST 2023 official event t-shirts are available for purchase and will be handed out at the event for anyone pre-purchasing them. We will have a very limited amount of shirts available for purchase at the event, so if you want a shirt to commemorate your time at SUBFEST, I highly recommend purchasing them in advance. Click here to order.

A huge shout-out and thanks to Steve Hodges for generously donating the venue fees for this year's event. His support will help to make SUBFEST 2023 one of the best ever.

If you want to help support the event, you can email me to set up a cash donation, or you can also donate submarine-related products to our raffle table. Last year saw thousands of dollars worth of amazing prizes available and we hope to top that this year thanks to people like you! To donate, please fill out the form on the SUBFEST official event page.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RCSubGuy; 03-27-2023, 04:30 PM.
  • RCSubGuy
    • Aug 2009

FAQ's

WHAT is SUBFEST?
    SUBFEST 2023 will be our fourth annual, tremendously successful RC submarine event.

It is an opportunity for RC submarine enthusiasts to gather together to run their boats, see each other's projects, learn from each other, attend seminars, win prizes, compete against one another, and generally.... have an awesome time.

SUBFEST is not only for sub skippers. Anyone is welcome and there is no better way to "get your feet wet" if you're thinking about getting into the hobby than coming in, talking about subs with experienced owners, and getting your hands on the sticks of a real, working RC submarine.

WHEN is SUBFEST?
    SUBFEST 2023 will be taking place from Thursday, September 14th to Sunday, September 17th, 2022. Events run throughout the day, and the event schedule will be posted as we get closer to the event.

WHERE is SUBFEST?
    SUBFEST 2023 will be re-visiting the amazing Red Clay Resort in Cohutta Georgia. The facility is absolutely perfect for the event and features crystal clear spring fed water with concrete bottom and shoreline, grassy area surrounds, covered picnic areas, concession stands, washrooms, nearby parking and much more. There is RV parking on-site if you want to set up a motorhome or tent on site (though there is no power/water hookups, so come prepared!).

WHERE do we stay?
    SUBFEST 2023 is located approximately half an hour east of the Chatanooga, TN airport, and 20 minutes south of Cleveland, TN. Both cities offer multiple options for hotel accommodations, and staying in east Chatanooga or south Cleveland will cut your commute time down even further.

We are currently working to get an event rate for a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn, Ringgold. More information will be posted shortly. The hotel is in great proximity to the event and features free breakfast and wi-fi.

WHAT happens at SUBFEST?
    SUBFEST 2023 will now feature an expanded four days of RC submarine action!
    • Unlimited access to the crystal clear waters of the Red Clay Resort's spring-fed pool
    • In-person demonstrations, seminars and Q&A sessions with some of the hobby's most experienced builders
    • Event Donations including a FULL RC submarine builder's package ($1500 value!)
    • Contests for navigation, engineering and scale
    • Skipper networking
    • Evening on-site dinners
    • SO MUCH MORE!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      • Aug 2009

AGENDA: (subject to change)

Wednesday, September 13th, 2023:
      • 12:00-17:00: Attendee/exhibitor arrival, general meet and greet
      • 18:00: Dinner at local restaurant - details TBA
      Thursday, September 14th, 2023:
      • 08:00: Gates open / Registration / t-shirts / raffle tickets
      • 09:30: Event Announcements and roll call
      • 11:00: Qual badge event overview and demo
      • ​12:00 Lunch from on-site concession stand
      • 18:00: Dinner at Farm to Fork restaurant - 120 General Lee Dr, Ringgold, GA 30736

Friday, September 15th, 2023:
      • 08:00: Gates open / Registration / t-shirts / raffle tickets
      • 09:30: Event Announcements and roll call
      • 10:00: Qual badge overview and demo
      • 11:00: Seminar #1: Sub Operations 101
      • 12:00: Lunch served from on site concession stand
      • 18:00: Dinner at Venue: Low Country Boil
      • Dusk: Movie night on-site!

Saturday, September 16th, 2023:
      • 08:00: Gates open / Registration / t-shirts
      • 09:00: Event Announcements and roll call
      • 09:30-12:00: Sub Skipper interviews
      • 11:00: Seminar #3: 900mhz in RC submarines
      • 12:00: Lunch from onsite concession stand
      • 13:00: Open forum / Q&A and RC Submarine discussions with experts
      • 14:00: Group photos/video
      • 16:00: The Great Submarine Oval Race
      • 17:00:
        • Bottom Gun achievement list,
        • Winners of awards announced
        • Raffle prize and donor overview. Last chance for tickets
        • Live raffle drawing
      • 18:00: Dinner at venue: Steak and potatoes
      • 20:00: Night run open to all boats. Glow sticks provided

Sunday, September 17th, 2023:
      • 08:00: Gates open, pond open to all for last runs, fond farewells
      • 12:00: Venue closed to attendees
      Last edited by RCSubGuy; 08-16-2023, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• SubDude
        Captain
        • Dec 2019

Looking forward to it again. I will get with Darrell about a place to meet for dinner on Thursday and to touch base on the Low Country Boil and steak dinners.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

And, Steve... thank you so much for your very generous and thoughtful covering of the event rental fee. No small potatoes there, my friend!

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albacore 569
            Commander
            • Sep 2020

Wish I could go, no submarine, and too far away, oh well.

Comment

• SubDude
              Captain
              • Dec 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
              And, Steve... thank you so much for your very generous and thoughtful covering of the event rental fee. No small potatoes there, my friend!

David
              Thank you sir. Bob has been so generous to cover it for the last three years. I just wanted to help out this time.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                • Aug 2009

A discounted block of rooms have been secured at the Hampton Inn Ringgold. Use THIS LINK to book your rooms for SUBFEST!

Click image for larger version

Name:	exterior.jpg?w=700&h=-1&s=1.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	170478

Comment

• tifosi12
                  Commander
                  • Jul 2020

I'm working on an amateur short film project about a Gato class submarine. I would like to get some underwater footage of a nice Gato model at Subfest. So I'm hoping somebody will bring one. If you're interested, let me know please so we can meet up at Subfest.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                    • Aug 2009

Unless things go awry, I'll have the big 10ft Balao there.

Comment

• Das Boot
                      Rear Admiral
                      • Dec 2019

Ok, attention on deck. There is a restaurant right behind the hotel most are staying at, called Farm to Fork. I called and they will take a reservation that can accommodate 20-25 people. If this is acceptable, please let me know so I can reserve a place for Thursday. I’ve eaten there before, and it’s very good. I didn’t think I could attend this year due to some health issues, but that has changed, thank God. Anyway, here is the website.
                      Farm to Fork restaurant in Ringgold Georgia is bringing families back to the dinner table, the freshest ingredients straight from the farm to your fork.
                      Last edited by Das Boot; 07-29-2023, 02:49 PM.
                      Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Aug 2008

Salads look good!
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                          Captain
                          • Sep 2014

Salads Mr Prime Rib??

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ken_NJ
                            Salads Mr Prime Rib??
                            Only at the Groton Townhouse.
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Dec 2019

When someone decides, let me know.
                              Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

Working...