• Show
Clear All
  • Das Boot
    Rear Admiral
    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Salads look good!
    Salad isn’t your usual fare.
    Last edited by Das Boot; 07-30-2023, 02:04 PM.
    Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• SubDude
      Captain
      • Dec 2019

David M, are you still a Diet Mt. Dew guy or should I bring something different for tribute this year?

Comment

• SubDude
        Captain
        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Das Boot
        Ok, attention on deck. There is a restaurant right behind the hotel most are staying at, called Farm to Fork. I called and they will take a reservation that can accommodate 20-25 people. If this is acceptable, please let me know so I can reserve a place for Thursday. I’ve eaten there before, and it’s very good. I didn’t think I could attend this year due to some health issues, but that has changed, thank God. Anyway, here is the website.
        https://farmtoforkga.com
        If this place doesn't work out we can likely go back to Cold Creek like last year or we could find another place altogether. We just need to decide.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubDude
          David M, are you still a Diet Mt. Dew guy or should I bring something different for tribute this year?
          Hey, pal!... it's either diet Mountain Dew or a Saturday panel discussion chaired by Keyser Söze.

Choose carefully!

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

If this place doesn't work out we can likely go back to Cold Creek like last year or we could find another place altogether. We just need to decide.
            We can do better than last year's community meal. The wait-staff did their best, but it took forever to get served. Waste anything but my time. And I want a comfortable sit-down, not to be stacked like cordwood in some back room likely reserved for overflow, satanic initiations, and Klan business meetings.

But... that's just me.

David
            Food Snob
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Das Boot
              Rear Admiral
              • Dec 2019

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                Welcome to my underwater realm!
                • Aug 2009

Reminders and highlights:
                1. We have an update/planning meeting scheduled for Sunday, August 20th at 4pm central. Anyone who is interested in contributing ideas or even just listening in is welcome to attend. You don't need to be coming to the event in order to make your thoughts known. Here is the meeting link.
                2. We will, once again, be having a SUBSWAP table at the event. If you are not interested in donating to the SUBFEST Raffle, you can put your items on this table with your information and see if you can sell or trade it to other skippers and attendees at the event.
                3. Hotel rooms are booking up fast! The official hotel has a limited number of rooms remaining.
                4. If anyone is planning on driving from the northeast or west coast(ish) areas and you have room in your vehicle, I've had a few people throw the idea around of having their boats driven out and then flying to the event. As a volunteer SUBFEST sub transport, you'd be entitled to compensation for the service. Shoot me an email and we'll see if we can get more people to attend if we take the sting out of travel.
                5. T-shirt ordering deadline is Friday, August 25th. After that, I may or may not have a small number of shirts available at the event. If you don't get your order in prior to that date, I can't guarantee you'll get your official SUBFEST t-shirt for this year's event.
                Last edited by RCSubGuy; 08-15-2023, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Sep 2015

That's MY tribute...

Find your own!

v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                  NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                  USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by QuarterMaster

That's MY tribute...

Find your own!
                    Gentlemen, gentlemen!... don't argue. Optional tributes available. The heads of my enemies or an attractive GILF possess the same value as a diet Mountain Dew. Get to work.
                    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 08-16-2023, 03:54 PM.
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Fishb0y
                      Lieutenant
                      • Jul 2023

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Gentlemen, gentlemen!... don't argue. Optional tributes available. The heads of my enemies or an attractive GILF possess the same value as a diet Mountain Dew. Get to work.
                      I'm sure that someone could find a "Halfway Night Princess" for you.
                      Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fishb0y

I'm sure that someone could find a "Halfway Night Princess" for you.
                        A very drunken Yoda once said (I have it on good authority) "Do, or do not! There is no halfway!"
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Ken_NJ
                          Captain
                          • Sep 2014

Carol and I are there for Farm to Fork.

Comment

• Das Boot
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Dec 2019

Okay, unless the weather changes. Here we go. Looks perfect. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5048.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	173608

Comment

• SubSteve
                              Lieutenant
                              • Apr 2022

Great weather! When I checked a few days ago it looked like rain all 4 days. Being the well prepared tiny submarine driver I am, I added a rain coat to the checklist.
                              Last edited by SubSteve; 09-08-2023, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Das Boot
                                Rear Admiral
                                • Dec 2019

The Lord loves submarines.

Comment

Working...