Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Wet side to the right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	035.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	149724Click image for larger version  Name:	025.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	149725Click image for larger version  Name:	027.JPG Views:	0 Size:	79.0 KB ID:	149726
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• biggsgolf
      Captain
      • Jan 2020

David, how does the opposing gear shaft adhere to the endcap, I am confused

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by biggsgolf
        David, how does the opposing gear shaft adhere to the endcap, I am confused
        The opposing gear is free to slide out and is kept in place by the rigidity of the running gear - the shaft and universal (flexible tube) elements. The ahead and astern loads are absorbed by the submarines strut bearings (the GATO) or stern tubes (the OSCAR). Neither the drive or opposing gear are subjected to thrust loads.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
          Admiral
          • Dec 2008

As the bladder is filled air inside the wtc would become pressurized and it would leak pass through a normally placed seal. Placing it inboard would prevent that but leaves you vulnerable to leaks as you go deeper. Maybe install 2 seals placed back to back or swap it out with O-ring.
          Last edited by redboat219; 05-10-2021, 01:32 AM.
          Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• biggsgolf
            Captain
            • Jan 2020

Thanks guys

Comment

• biggsgolf
              Captain
              • Jan 2020

Both my 1:96 Blueback & 1:144 Kilo are ready for pool testing next week. Next project will be a 1:144 Soryu Conversion, then a 3D Printed 1:144 Akula.

Comment

• biggsgolf
                Captain
                • Jan 2020

Ok, best Submarine Pool Trials I have ever experienced since entering this Hobby February 2020. Both my 1:96 Blueback and 1:144 Kilo were exceptional. Great surface, submerged trims and full functionality of Rudders, Dive Planes and Stern Planes. First time I could run my Blueback at low surface throttle and turn well within my pools 14’ width.
                Weather permitting I will shoot some video and post. My wifes comment was “now you don’t need another one!”, yeah right…….

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by biggsgolf
                  Ok, best Submarine Pool Trials I have ever experienced since entering this Hobby February 2020. Both my 1:96 Blueback and 1:144 Kilo were exceptional. Great surface, submerged trims and full functionality of Rudders, Dive Planes and Stern Planes. First time I could run my Blueback at low surface throttle and turn well within my pools 14’ width.
                  Weather permitting I will shoot some video and post. My wifes comment was “now you don’t need another one!”, yeah right…….
                  No, no... NO!

The correct answer to SWMBO is ALWAYS: "Yes, dear".

Hard-stop.

Don't say another word.

Back away carefully as you frantically seek a route of escape.

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• biggsgolf
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2020

Hahahahaha, you are correct sir, I acted like I did not hear her as I walked away!

Comment

• biggsgolf
                      Captain
                      • Jan 2020

Videos of 1:144 Kilo and 1:96 Blueback

Last edited by biggsgolf; 06-01-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• redboat219
                        Admiral
                        • Dec 2008

Love the red stern planes, breaks up the monotony.
                        Last edited by redboat219; 06-04-2021, 08:11 AM.
                        Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

Working...