New Trumpeter Kilo 1:144 Build

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redboat219
    replied
    Love the red stern planes, breaks up the monotony.
    Last edited by redboat219; 06-04-2021, 08:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    Videos of 1:144 Kilo and 1:96 Blueback

Last edited by biggsgolf; 06-01-2021, 08:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    Hahahahaha, you are correct sir, I acted like I did not hear her as I walked away!

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by biggsgolf
    Ok, best Submarine Pool Trials I have ever experienced since entering this Hobby February 2020. Both my 1:96 Blueback and 1:144 Kilo were exceptional. Great surface, submerged trims and full functionality of Rudders, Dive Planes and Stern Planes. First time I could run my Blueback at low surface throttle and turn well within my pools 14’ width.
    Weather permitting I will shoot some video and post. My wifes comment was “now you don’t need another one!”, yeah right…….
    No, no... NO!

The correct answer to SWMBO is ALWAYS: "Yes, dear".

Hard-stop.

Don't say another word.

Back away carefully as you frantically seek a route of escape.

David

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    Ok, best Submarine Pool Trials I have ever experienced since entering this Hobby February 2020. Both my 1:96 Blueback and 1:144 Kilo were exceptional. Great surface, submerged trims and full functionality of Rudders, Dive Planes and Stern Planes. First time I could run my Blueback at low surface throttle and turn well within my pools 14’ width.
    Weather permitting I will shoot some video and post. My wifes comment was “now you don’t need another one!”, yeah right…….

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    Both my 1:96 Blueback & 1:144 Kilo are ready for pool testing next week. Next project will be a 1:144 Soryu Conversion, then a 3D Printed 1:144 Akula.

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    Thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    As the bladder is filled air inside the wtc would become pressurized and it would leak pass through a normally placed seal. Placing it inboard would prevent that but leaves you vulnerable to leaks as you go deeper. Maybe install 2 seals placed back to back or swap it out with O-ring.
    Last edited by redboat219; 05-10-2021, 01:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    David, how does the opposing gear shaft adhere to the endcap, I am confused
    The opposing gear is free to slide out and is kept in place by the rigidity of the running gear - the shaft and universal (flexible tube) elements. The ahead and astern loads are absorbed by the submarines strut bearings (the GATO) or stern tubes (the OSCAR). Neither the drive or opposing gear are subjected to thrust loads.

David

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    David, how does the opposing gear shaft adhere to the endcap, I am confused

Leave a comment:

replied
    Wet side to the right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	035.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	149724Click image for larger version  Name:	025.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	149725Click image for larger version  Name:	027.JPG Views:	0 Size:	79.0 KB ID:	149726

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    I hear you on that, I believe the motor face creates a union with it where it will not lose the pressure seal.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Hi, its a shaft seal installed from inside of endcap.
    Shouldn't it be on the outside of the endcap with the open face of the seal to the water so that as the sub goes deeper increasing water pressure presses down on the seal causing to seal better ?

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    Hi, its a shaft seal installed from inside of endcap.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Hi Biggsgolf.

Just want to ask your about your KILO WTC. AFAIK, you're the only one who has used the RCshipyard WTC. How is the motor output shaft sealed?

Leave a comment:

Working...