• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deepseadiver
    Commander
    • Aug 2008

Im working
    Attached Files
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 02-20-2019, 10:24 PM.
    Put your mind to it. If there's a will there's a way!

Comment

• deepseadiver
      Commander
      • Aug 2008

im working on the remote conning tower telescopes nothing to share at this time

Comment

• deepseadiver
        Commander
        • Aug 2008

build has stopped until further notice. anything positive to be said in support is welcomed
        Last edited by deepseadiver; 03-30-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by deepseadiver
          to anyone that actually cares at this time sub build is at a complete stop . There are some people in my life that are a real pain, like a thorn you can't get out . When there out of my life soon, I will continue the build. I'm a easy going person a little sensitive to rude remarks even if they were made to be a joke a poke in fun . But how do I suppose to know that from a stranger, Over all I will take my shirt off my back to help out my fellow friend and neighbor . But when I get treated poorly I disappear for awhile. The guilty ones know who they are.
          Jim
          You protest too much. Grow a pair and join the game.

David
          Bouncer without portfolio
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

Dave, I see a bright future for you in councelling, or perhaps canceling?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
              Welcome to my underwater realm!
              • Aug 2009

Last chance, all. Play nice or the big stick is coming out.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                Commander
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
                Last chance, all. Play nice or the big stick is coming out.
                sorry bob,
                I need to be carful what I say so I don't bother anyone by accident .I will be continuing on my build soon. Im working on my conning tower at this time I had some one at my home visiting me there kid bent a part on my submarine. I fixed it but I wont work on it until there child is out of my house. Oh boy Things that happen when your trying to help out a family.
                Last edited by deepseadiver; 03-31-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                  • Aug 2009

I hear you, Jim. My garage is off-limits to anyone when they're visiting. Too many parts knocked off the bench onto the floor and smashed.

Comment

• Albion
                    Captain
                    • Dec 2008

when I was in my early teens I never bothered with a bobby knife, I used a double sided razor blade. Father had loads so they were free for me. The kid from next door came round, I told him not to touch anything, next thing he has picked a new blade up by gripping both the blade edges. Lot of blood, and he wasn’t allowed around mine for some time so that was a result
                    Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• deepseadiver
                      Commander
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                      So how does it work? I mean I know of vinyl labels that you can print out, but those are rectangles. How do you get the individual numbers?
                      Hi Tom C
                      how's it going good buddy yes I got some vinyl labels that are working out real good. I sent one to Bob M. So when he does another typhoon he already has a label if you needs one I have a extra one let me know.
                      Yes people are asking when I will continue the build well I'm working on it right now! Im trying to get the conning tower done, but I have some problems . I'm trying to figure it out no luck yet. The instructions are saying to place the water proof tubing on to two shafts that turn I'm looking for a better picture of what it looks like so I can copy it no luck yet. Instructions are a little confusing some times pictures are so much better for me, so I know what's the next step, that's how I got so far on the build. So far pictures, tell a thousand words.

take care hope to hear from you again ..
                      Best wishes
                      Jim A
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by deepseadiver; 05-12-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• HardRock
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Mar 2013

Tom,

Your private mailbox is full!

I can't remember if I included the manual with the Akula. I can't find it here so I'm assuming that I did. I seem to remember that the Akula manual had a diagram showing the way Engle seal their rotating shafts, including the exact length of tube and its positioning over the external shaft housing that was required to make it work correctly; (and it did work remarkably well considering the pressure changes in that dry hull).

Would you mind having a quick search. It might save deepseadiver a bit of time.

Scott

Comment

• Subculture
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

A lot of builders ditch that and fit small simmerings (mini oil seals).

Comment

• HardRock
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Mar 2013

Yep. I was quite sceptical about using their system but it actually worked quite well.

Comment

• deepseadiver
                              Commander
                              • Aug 2008

Thanks guys great information were do you get mini oil seals this way I have two choices to go engels way or another I wonder if Bob Martin could join in give some tips as well the pictures of the conning tower are not close enough for me to figure it out once I get this tower working it's full steam ahead folks .

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                                • Aug 2009

The thing about the Engel boats is that the seals need to work in both directions. With pistons retracted, water wants to push into the dry hull. When extended, air wants to push out of the dry hull. The bellows seals work very well for linkages, but I think the reason Engel went with the tubing solution was to mitigate the in/out pressure seesaw situation.

I used their system in both of my Typhoon builds and the Akula build with zero issues. The only thing is that the silicone tubing doesn't hold up over time at all, and should be swapped out on a very regular basis.

If I had to choose a different seal for the shaft(s), I'd go with a simple compression o-ring setup, similar to what OTW employs. Jim, if you can make them 1/8" shafts, I've got a great setup that's pretty cheap and very effective, not to mention easy to install.

Comment

Working...