Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

For those of you looking for David, he and I have been in contact. He's fighting through some health issues (that I don't need to go into here... I'm sure he'll chime in eventually). It's really knocked him on his butt. Shop work has basically halted. I've got about 14 cylinders in process there that have been awaiting his deft hands.

He's asked that I come up and pick up the WIP's and tooling for the SubDrivers. He won't be able to continue manufacturing them.

This is a huge blow for the hobby. What I'm hoping is that by taking this large scale production work off his hands, it will free him up to take things at a more reasonable pace and focus on things he enjoys and that still bring value to our market.

If I learn anything more, I'll pass it on, but as I said, David is still up and running and I'm sure he'll chime in here eventually.

Bob

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

I'm sure Ellie can nurse him back to his good old ( grumpy) self.

Originally posted by SubHuman

He's asked that I come up and pick up the WIP's and tooling for the SubDrivers. He won't be able to continue manufacturing them.
      How I feel about this
      Click image for larger version

Name:	images (4).jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	145053

Last edited by redboat219; 11-09-2020, 08:27 AM.
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

I wish Dave all the best, sounds serious if he has to pack in the production work.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture

I wish Dave all the best, sounds serious if he has to pack in the production work.
          Kinda. Heart problems. My own damned fault, I got fat -- something totally within my sphere of control and didn't do anything about till it was too late. I'm a total dumb-ass!

If I can get the Doctor's off their asses to get me in for another ablation I'll be able to claw my way back to being reasonably productive again. We'll see.

I'm handing off the work to Bob. It will be in excellent hands. I've retired.

I now join the ranks of you lowly, mouth-breathing, no-talent, ever whining, robot addicted, hygiene-challenged, uncoordinated, uglier-than-sin, on-lookers here at the forum. I'm now just one of the thundering herd of toy submarine drivers... how the mighty has fallen!

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Name:	20201109_234830.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	145076

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

I now join the ranks of you lowly, mouth-breathing, no-talent, ever whining, robot addicted, hygiene-challenged, uncoordinated, uglier-than-sin, on-lookers here at the forum. I'm now just one of the thundering herd of toy submarine drivers... how the mighty has fallen!

David
              Break out the forks and knives.....we'll eat you alive!
              I do not see you sitting on your laurels, David.
              Personally, I just want you healthy. Take care!
              Peace,
              Tom
              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• redboat219
                Admiral
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

If I can get the Doctor's off their asses to get me in for another ablation I'll be able to claw my way back to being reasonably productive again. We'll see.

David

Name:	images (4).jpeg
Views:	384
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	145080
                An ablation? No problem. We already got the sub , we just need the miniaturizer.

Comment

• type7
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Apr 2009

Who has time to work anyway? Hope you get healthy and enjoy this hobby!

Comment

• rwtdiver
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Feb 2019

Hang tough David!! Just slow it down and take care of YOU! All our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Rob
                    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• TINFISH
                      Lieutenant
                      • Apr 2019

Wishing you a hearty recovery to a place where life is good and you enjoy every day of it without aches and pains. You have served this hobby very well for many years. Now it's time for us new guys to get off our asses and learn something you have been trying to teach us for years.
                      Enjoy your retirement and remember, each day is a gift.

Mike
                      TINFISH

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Sep 2015

Both you and Ellie are in our thoughts and prayers shipmate.

Ed and the LI Crew
                        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• george
                          Captain
                          • Dec 2010

Wishing you David ALL the best and a fast recovery. Need you here to go against the current and keep your special way of inspiring people.

Comment

• SubDude
                            Captain
                            • Dec 2019

At the beginning of the year I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure due to a left bundle branch block. Three months later all the diet, exercise and medication failed to improve the situation much so in July I had a pacemaker/defibrillator installed. Now I am a Cyborg. Ha! Do what the doctors say for your benefit and ours. Time to take it easy and relax a bit. Prayers for you and yours. I still owe you a case of diet Mt. Dew. ;o)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                              • Aug 2008

]Click image for larger version  Name:	20201109_234830.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	145076
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bassplayer1
                                Lieutenant Commander
                                • Mar 2010

Get well soon, I wish you all the best !!!

Comment

Working...