Name:	039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	98278Click image for larger version

Name:	042.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	98279
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Here are a few visitors that I received today at the sub pond. I forgot the names but the man works at the Jewelry store overlooking the pond. He said that he has seen me out there before. Since he is such a Seaview fan, when he saw that was what I had brought with me today, said he just had to get a closer look. Then, later he returned with his big black friend. I am terrible with names but hes definitely a Great Dane. Both were very pleasant with many well wishes and a few questions. I want to thank my brother Perry for being there to do the photography. Thats him there on the left in the second picture with the blue shirt. The ducks were none too pleased but they didnt make a fuss.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	033.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	98280Click image for larger version

Name:	034.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	98281Click image for larger version

Name:	035.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	98282Click image for larger version

Name:	044.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	98283

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Well done, Mark. You have worked long and hard to get to this point. Success! You have tamed the Beast, sir. Well done. Excellent photography too. Man, that thing looks so neat running submerged. We gotta hook-up one of these days, pal.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

I dont quite understand what happened...................exactly................ ....well sort of. You see I dont have this particular sub fitted with a lipo guard. Well, it started slowing down and then stopping. Just like a Lipo guard would cause it to do. Got back to the house and hooked up the Lipo to the charger and it was right at 3 volts per cell, right about where a Lipo guard would shut it down. In this sub I have two Mtronics 20 amp ESCs but their website says that this ESC is not Lipo safe. Then there is the UPC pitch controller but I dont see how that could interupt power to the ESCs. Then the 5 amp Caswell BEC but the same with that. Finally the Sombra SL-8 same with that. So it must be that the Mtronics ESCs are shutting this thing down at 3 volts per cell even though its not advertised to do so.
          Also I had a small leak that I couldnt find in the subdriver. Well I finally found it. The two screws that hold the motor plate on to the rear bulkhead. They go all the way thru to the outside. Water was slowly creeping in there. Ill get those stopped up for next time. A very sucessful outing. Ill get those videos up one at a time over the next couple of weeks. CHEERS!

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
            Well done, Mark. You have worked long and hard to get to this point. Success! You have tamed the Beast, sir. Well done. Excellent photography too. Man, that thing looks so neat running submerged. We gotta hook-up one of these days, pal.

David
            COOL! Thanks Dave. While we are handing out compliments, you sir have been there to help me with each and every project. Without that help I probably would have stopped with the subs by now. As it is I see no reason to stop building and modifying. Thanks again!

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

A few picture enhancementsClick image for larger version

Name:	who is this guy.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	98284Click image for larger version

Name:	zoom seav.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	98285Click image for larger version

Name:	zoom seavi-001.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	98286Click image for larger version

Name:	zoom seavie-001.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	98287Click image for larger version

Name:	zoom seaview under.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	98288Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoomer seaview.jpg
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	98289Click image for larger version

Name:	zoomerer seaview.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	98290

Comment

• Peter W
                Captain
                • May 2011

Mark, that thing looks amazing in the water ....please hurry up with those videos.

Peter

Comment

• HardRock
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Mar 2013

Great looking boat.

Comment

• Aug 2008

WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE PROMISED VIDEOS???......................

I want video .... NOW!!!!!

M
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

The natives are getting restless. OK here is the first one. As usual Youtubes rendering of it is horrible. When it comes up, in the right hand lower corner of the Youtube screen is a little cogwheel. Click on that and select 720 speed. It looks a whole lot better.
                      Rick Teskeys 52" Seaview hull. Here she is moving at Flank Speed.

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

Here is the second one. Short and sweet. Ill get more up later as they are longer.
                        Testing after the latest rounds of Modifications

Comment

• Aug 2008

Rock steady at periscope depth. A real achievement on this type boat, Mark. Well done, sir!

M
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

Thanks Dave. Heres another video, a bit longer this time. In the background you can hear my brother Perry answering questions from a bystander. Apparently unaware that his voice would also be captured on the video.
                            Rick Teskey Seaview with Team Brood 540 motors propelling her along. Camera man can be heard answering questions from an admirer.

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

More fun with the Rick Teskey made hull and Caswell available Components. As you know if youve followed my threads, this sub has been in my possession for eight years as I slowly learned about the hobby and gathered the courage to make modifications to its original setup.
                              Fiberglass construction Model Seaview of TV show Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Its 52" long, outfitted with components available from Caswell Plating

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
                                Thanks Dave. Heres another video, a bit longer this time. In the background you can hear my brother Perry answering questions from a bystander. Apparently unaware that his voice would also be captured on the video.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN68...ature=youtu.be
                                Beautiful! Your brother did a great job with both the camera and the narrative. Best running SEAVIEW I've ever seen (and I've seen a few).

David
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...