Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Here is somebodys Seaview on Youtube. Looks Good!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_Eg8BkTiE
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Michael Laubach
      Ensign
      • Feb 2018

I know this is an old thread, but the documentation, pictures, and video associated are awesome! I did have a question for you. Are the sail planes on your Seaview functional? I was wondering because I am doing a refit on mine and saw that you were able to get a 3 1/2 inch subdriver into the Teskey Seaview. If your sailplanes are functional, how did you get that size subdriver into that Seaview? If the sailplanes are functional on this boat, could you share some pics of how you did the linkages with the Merriman Sail. I have the exact same one. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Michael Laubach
        I know this is an old thread, but the documentation, pictures, and video associated are awesome! I did have a question for you. Are the sail planes on your Seaview functional? I was wondering because I am doing a refit on mine and saw that you were able to get a 3 1/2 inch subdriver into the Teskey Seaview. If your sailplanes are functional, how did you get that size subdriver into that Seaview? If the sailplanes are functional on this boat, could you share some pics of how you did the linkages with the Merriman Sail. I have the exact same one. Thanks in advance.
        I strongly recommend making the sail planes functional. Here's some video that makes my point:

Attempting to run the Moebius SEAVIEW kit, via r/c, submerged. I found that, like all other SEAVIEW models I've operated, that once that shovel bow gets belo...

Running the Moebius 'movie' SEAVIEW at Nauticus

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Michael Laubach
          Ensign
          • Feb 2018

Those are great videos David! I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have mine functional in the Teskey Seaview. I am doing a refit of the sub with new technology that has been created since I first built this sub years ago. I bought the sail kit from you along with the DE miniatures mod 2 WTC 3. I started a thread in the newbies section on the refit of the Seaview since I had been out of it for quite a while. I was curious how he managed to get the sailplanes functional using a 3.5 inch subdriver. That area has to be reallly really tight up towards the sail. I am going to be using the new klikons for connections. The only easy way that I can see is to make the linkage for the sailplanes coming out of the WTC is to make a “U” and go back straight in line with the klikons attaching to the Clevis on the sailplanes.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Michael Laubach
            Those are great videos David! I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have mine functional in the Teskey Seaview. I am doing a refit of the sub with new technology that has been created since I first built this sub years ago. I bought the sail kit from you along with the DE miniatures mod 2 WTC 3. I started a thread in the newbies section on the refit of the Seaview since I had been out of it for quite a while. I was curious how he managed to get the sailplanes functional using a 3.5 inch subdriver. That area has to be reallly really tight up towards the sail. I am going to be using the new klikons for connections. The only easy way that I can see is to make the linkage for the sailplanes coming out of the WTC is to make a “U” and go back straight in line with the klikons attaching to the Clevis on the sailplanes.
            That's right: magnetic couplers up high in the thin sail -- I submit some pictures of the magnetic coupling of the 1/96 BLUEBACK to illustrate how I do it.

And that 'U' to get the sail-plane pushrod to point forward. I use a dumb-bell shaped item to translate the after facing pushrod, to a forward facing one.

And some eye-candy of the Teskey SEAVIEW in a pool being harassed by a UN submarine (just before it imploded at the crushing depth of three-feet).

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...