Japanese BI I-25 in 1/72

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    That is why we are on this forum.. Insanity or brilliance, it is amazing how these two words go hand in hand... Herrmil, no KTV or RKTV girls onboard (spent 3 months in China so I am famillar with the term) ... 18 civillians were onboard in there also was one passager who identity was keep secret for the trip to Lorrient... One passenger was listed as an employee of Mitsubishi and the chief ordinance officer...

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    That's nothing to the ballast used by USS TROUT- 20 tons of gold and silver.

Leave a comment:

• herrmill
    replied
    Don't forget the 3 tons of opium and 14 Japanese technicians. One has to wonder if they also stowed aboard a few KTV girls as a gift for the Krauts! :wink:

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    You guys are nuts!

David

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    As I get closer to finishing, I have a 1942 Toyota flatbed truck (1/72) that I will paint with the Bank of Tokyo on the doors and have them delivering a load of gold bars to the dock.. I am building a dock for the I-52 to be at, ready to depart for her trip to Lorient, France... So, in answer to your question, it will have 2 metric tons of gold (1/72 scale).. Love the way your I-25 project turned out....

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    It's getting there Gene, keep up the good work. How much gold does yours have in it?

Cheers Chris

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    Dave, Here are some pictures of the submarine that I am working on... A copy of the I-52 C-3... enjoy.. Gene Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	65473Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new 2.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	65474Click image for larger version

Name:	I52 new 3.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	65475Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new 4.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	65476Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new 5.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	65477

Leave a comment:

• Scott T
    replied
    Great job on the pictures Scott. And great job on the I25.

Scott T

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    And a few more

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    We had our first good hot day since last summer so it was off to the local watering hole with a couple of friends Scott and Bruce and a few subs. Great way to spend a Thursday. Good weather, good company, and a few subs, what more does a man need?
    I had 2 of mine, the Alfa look alike, as well as the i25 and one that I am fine tuning for a friend, a RAN Oberon class and Scott had his Peppermint there in its last stage of trimming.
    These photos were kindly taken by Scott, he is a good man.

Last edited by oztruck; 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    Just checking... I am building a C-3 I-52 replica using the Lindberg kit.. I am working with Paul Tidwell on the I-52 salvage project... Thanks, Gene

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Wish I had something to report, but other than roughing out the new bow shape onto a review kit, I've progressed no further with an, 'I-53 upgrade fittings kit'.

David

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    Dave can you shoot me an email with your I-53 mods ??? Gene Birdsong.... Operation Rising Sun
    genebirdsong1@yahoo.com

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Posted 3 videos the other day, one is on how the boat runs, another on what makes it work, and one on it's special features.

Here is the link http://forum.sub-driver.com/showthre...Filming-Format

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Hi David, Just received some photos of the weekend taken by "Scott T". This one will give you an idea of how I fitted the sub cam.

Leave a comment:

Working...