Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oztruck
    replied
    Originally posted by Merriman
    I finally got one of those key-chain cameras that actually works, and the Tic-Tac containers -- hope to have my little u/w video system working for the upcoming October event in Newport News.

You're idea, and a great one too!

David
    I wish I was smart enough to think of it BUT I saw it on the web. Sorry!!!

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by oztruck
    Thank you very much SIR it means a lot. Yes it is the 808 in a tic-tac case. I am very happy with the way it works for the price, and it is small enough to fit it anywhere.
    I finally got one of those key-chain cameras that actually works, and the Tic-Tac containers -- hope to have my little u/w video system working for the upcoming October event in Newport News.

You're idea, and a great one too!

David

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    Chris great job, and great video.
    Super build.

J

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Thank you very much SIR it means a lot. Yes it is the 808 in a tic-tac case. I am very happy with the way it works for the price, and it is small enough to fit it anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Nice handeling boat. And the visibility was not bad for a lake. Did you use the 808 camera-in-a-tic-tac case? Good stuff!

You did wonders with the awful I-53 kit, my friend.

David

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Thanks for the nice words guys.

Fitted my spy camera to the i25 at a club run today.

Leave a comment:

• Slats
    replied
    Gorgeous work, well done Chris.

(Scott, nice to see you on board at Subdrivers).

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Found this interesting Video. It's not a B1 but still good

In World War 2, the Japanese created a sub that could carry bombers anywhere in the world. Even though it was ahead of it's time, how effective would the sub...

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Thanks Scott, you are correct in what you say about the roof. I didn't even think about the roof when I was weathering the boat.

I guess a large flat area like that with all sorts of things the birds could sit in/on and out of the way of human contact would soon get very messy. Add to that that because it was flat any water left up there would evaporate and leave the salt behind.

Mix the salt and bird droppings together add a little heat to open up any faults in the paint and away it goes.

Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Scott T
    replied
    That is great work. You asked for comments so maybe a little weathering on the
    towers roof. It probably is right with the deck weathering but in the video it look
    closer to a large freshly painted roof. Maybe foot path wear.
    It really does look great.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Wow, I do not know what to add! Amazing work.

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Hi all, I picked up a cheep Cam corder today and gave it a test.
    The video is a bit boring but it will give you a good CLOSE look at the i25.

There is video of both sides as well as a top view.

Let me know what you think I can do to improve the model.

B1 Class Japenese Submarine in 1/72 scale from all angles

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Hi Scott and welcome aboard. Thanks for the nice words. Hope to catch up with you soon.

cheers Chris (oztruck)

Leave a comment:

• Scott154
    replied
    Chris, Just went through your post on this wonderful build, having seen her at the park and running you blow me away with how clever you are with all your tricks and your W/T unit. this Sub is differently a credit to you very cool. Scott

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Just enough weathering. I see so many over do it. When I look at photos of the original subs, I see light weathering for the most part. Once in awhile I see heavy wear and tear. This looks fantastic! Cheers!

Leave a comment:

Working...