Japanese BI I-25 in 1/72

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subculture
    replied
    On many of the 808 keyfob cams you can switch the time and date off altogether. I bet you could do that too on this camera with a firmware update- I wonder if the manufacturer supply one?

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    I use a video editing software "Ulead Video Studio". Had it for years and is easy to use.

When I get time I will try and work out how to change the time and date stamp.

The boat handles and responds very well. It makes me look better than I am.

Cheers Chris

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    Nice! I see that you have the same problem as I did with the wrong date and time displayed on your video. How did you interimpose words on your video? Nice bit of manuevering at the end of the video.

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Been playing with the waterproof video camera again.

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Originally posted by modelnut
    I'm scratchbuilding Jules Verne's NAUTILUS. Have been for about twenty years now. http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e9/modelnut/NAUTILUS/ The latest hull is my fourth attempt.
    I'm not afraid of a lot of work. :wink:

- Leelan
    I have seen your work, I too would one day like to build a "Jules Verne's" (as I see it in my minds eye) NAUTILUS.

Cheers Chris

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    Here are before and after of bow ... Click image for larger version

Name:	bow I-53.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	66666Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new 11.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	66667

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by modelnut
    Isn't this the sub in the Lindberg box?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12629[/ATTACH]

It looks pretty close to me but I haven't received my kit yet. It looks damn close to the images Lindberg has online. Except for the forward planes and the missing upper rudder.

- Leelan
    Yes, that is from my website Operation Rising Sun about our I-52 salvage project... I-53 conning tower, bow, and hull shape is wrong.. It takes work, but you can turn it into a reasonable copy of a C-3... I used buttons from WalMart in two sizes to make my hatches, cut hinges off and used the hatch wheel..

Leave a comment:

• modelnut
    replied
    I'm scratchbuilding Jules Verne's NAUTILUS. Have been for about twenty years now. http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e9/modelnut/NAUTILUS/ The latest hull is my fourth attempt.
    I'm not afraid of a lot of work. :wink:

- Leelan

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    It need a lot of work but you only have to do it once, then you have a large 1/72 Jap sub.

Leave a comment:

• modelnut
    replied
    Isn't this the sub in the Lindberg box?

Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52planII.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	66665

It looks pretty close to me but I haven't received my kit yet. It looks damn close to the images Lindberg has online. Except for the forward planes and the missing upper rudder.

- Leelan

Leave a comment:

• modelnut
    replied
    Amazon had two in stock. I had the link saved in an email to myself for over a week while I decided if it was worth the money. I finally broke down and ordered it the Wednesday. I have been looking for the kit in online builds and galleries ever since. Yours is the first I've seen.

What did you do about the port side and starboard side not lining up with its weld lines and drain holes? Aren't they supposed to? That is one of the first flaws I saw mentioned online. I think that builder just threw the kit into storage when he saw that.

Excellent build BTW! Not that you need me to tell you, newbie that I am. I have had my face pressed to the bakery window for years now when it comes to RC subs. It is an expensive hobby to get into. There is a local chapter of the SC about two hours away from me but I work every weekend so all my interaction is online in forums like this one. Mostly lurking.

I have just about every styrene 72 scale sub there in my collection. I hope to build one soon. And I hope to make one RC before I die.

- Leelan
    Last edited by modelnut; 02-24-2012, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oztruck
    replied
    Leelan, welcome. The kit hatches are way to big and for the most part in the wrong places. I used the old hatches to make new ones but it would be just as easy to simply scratch build them. Where did you get the kit from?

Cheers Chris

Leave a comment:

• modelnut
    replied
    Where do you get new hatches? I saw earlier in this thread that the kit hatches are way over-sized. What is the solution? Cut the useful bits off and adapt them to reduced hatches?
    I'm only asking because I ordered the Lindberg before I came here and found out what a load of felgercarb she is. My kit should arrive in the mail by 1 March.

- Leelan

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    Here are the new hatches..... Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new hatch 2.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	65676

Leave a comment:

• Shipwreckhunter
    replied
    Here are some updated pictures... Still moving forward... How are everyone else's projects coming along ??? Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new 11.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	65648Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new 6.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	65649Click image for larger version

Name:	I-52 new 7.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	65650