X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jenels4
    I think you are confusing yourself on setup, turnon and binding. I fly airplanes and basically use the same equipment. When we bind a TX to a RX we need the battery plugged into the battery and a plug (shorting wire for simplicity) into another channel !!consult your instructions!!. Your RX will be "ON" as soon as the batterry is connected. The TX will then be turned on and the RX will lock to it after a few seconds, by indication of LEDs. Now this my "bind" your RX only to this TX, and model number but all functions will work. Now that you did this lets set up:
    After you did the above.
    Setup: You turn on your TX first and then your RX. There are a lot of beeps and sounds come from the RX and soon after they are done beeping I move my servo leads to see what moves. My TX and RX appeared to be talking to each other as soon as I went to setup. I only had to change direction of a servo to make it correct for one of my servo movement. The ESC was correct at turnon and needed no adjustments. Reason to turn on TX first is so that you dont have your throttle servo on takeoff position, if you turned on your RX first it would literaly take off! Until the TX slaves it to cutoff, by this time it would be to late and a few dollars in the trash.

You should not have to bind again, unless you get another TX, RX or just want to.
    Instructions are spacific the WFLY4 model WFT06X-B and the wfly 4 channel receiver. Reciever has flashing orange lite after setting I am utilising the EZ Driver components with the mtronics Viper marine 15 speed controller. Which is set immiediatly after power is on. This is a kit and probably the first one, so if your not familliar with it, you may not understand the procedure. I just want to know WTF is the blinking red and orange lites on the WFLY Receiver mean? Besides the fact the tranmitter is not talking to the reciever is obvious. Its suppose to go out and the green lite on the TX is suppose to blink once. No where does it mention the red and orange in any instructions I have 5 sets of set up instructions for the 3 main components servos and tx rx. If I do not push the set button on the viper wwithin the 3 secon time period all motors run wide open 2 motors and 3 servos sipnn wildly. The only audio is the whine of the motors and Me. I aint whinin but I do swear and words some people never heard before either.

Comment

• jenels4
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Oct 2014

I have the exact same setup that you do, i.e. EZ driver with the Viper marine controller and servos provided by sub-driver. In fact this is my first submarine to operate. Except, except Im using a JR SX600 radio system. Your right, I would not know what the blinking lights mean on the WFLY system. I can only guess that it could mean batteries low, transmitter not Txing, I guess you are going to have to dig into the manual or find a manual on line to find out what those LEDs mean. My guess is that you are not binding the receiver to the transmitter correctly.

Comment

• Von Hilde
        Rear Admiral
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jenels4
        I have the exact same setup that you do, i.e. EZ driver with the Viper marine controller and servos provided by sub-driver. In fact this is my first submarine to operate. Except, except Im using a JR SX600 radio system. Your right, I would not know what the blinking lights mean on the WFLY system. I can only guess that it could mean batteries low, transmitter not Txing, I guess you are going to have to dig into the manual or find a manual on line to find out what those LEDs mean. My guess is that you are not binding the receiver to the transmitter correctly.
        Its rather frustraing. I do have another WFLY6 channel and reciever new in the box, but I dont want to switch horses in the middle of the sream, I also have a spare WFLY 4 reciever that I havent molested. I got 2 just in case my solder job switching antenna to coax didnt work out so well. This may be the case. I could just swap them out and test the functions and see if it recognises or solves anything. Good thing Im doing two different projects. This model building stuff is suppose to be relaxing and not stressful. If I get hung up on one thing I just go to the other bench. Sooner or later they both will get ez drivers. I have aquired enough stuff to outfit a couple. First one is going to have to work properly before I put a couple more up. Then I will tackle a static ballast system with augmented aspiration for my large boats

Comment

• jenels4
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Oct 2014

In my previous discussion I was talking about a 2.4 GHZ system. My JR SX600 is an old FM system, esentially a plugin receiver (RX) then place the servos to channels and turn her on. If your WFLY system is 2.4GHZ then my previous actions apply. If the WFLY is FM then the TX signal just has to match what the FM RX signal is tuned to, to get connected.
          I've read previous articles that stated that WFLY has now gone to 2.4GHZ, but Im sure that some FMs are out there. For testing I would not bother changing the antennae, that will only be affected when it is in the water, otherwise just see if it works.

Comment

• Von Hilde
            Rear Admiral
            • Oct 2011

Well, I plugged in the spare RX and with a few issues with polarity plugging, stratened out. I got it bonded, all the servos responded and throttle fwd and rev all good. I should have written down the procedure of what I did because when I switched back I got to the point of where the blinking orange LED on the rx.I drew a blank of what I did with the new one when I got to that same point. Should have had the coffee before I started, but a big nasty storm rolled thru about zero four, with hail on my metal roof lightning thunder tornadoes and all ma nature could toss. The TV blasting the bad weather warnings o I decided to fool around in the cave. BTW, I dont call it that, but Kim hung a sign on the door, so she wasnt embarrased, when company comes. She shuts my door, and my Son's door. He is active duty NSW and deployed right now, so the room is the catch all for our stuff. He is married now and a brown bagger, so he wont be using it anyway. Bad weather has moved on, Kim has gone to work (somebody has to around here) I have the better part of the day to hit it again. Theoreticly the new rx is already bonded from this morning, and all I have to do is plug it back in and switch the power on and its good??? or....re introduce

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

For now, stick with that receiver and get the entire system up and running. Revisit the problem Rx later.

M
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                Rear Admiral
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                For now, stick with that receiver and get the entire system up and running. Revisit the problem Rx later.

M
                rogger that! right afterthe afternoon nap. News at 1800

Comment

• Von Hilde
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Oct 2011

We inturupt this program..Breaking News--couldnt rest on it, plugged in the un molested rx stuck some bellcranks on the servos to check movement and fired that puppy up. I got fwd and reverse, rudder servo, and bow plane servo, the ADF thats hooked up to the stern plane Im not sure because I tweeked the sensitivity with the set button to low I think when I was foolin with it before. Have to go back and read that part again. Also wondering about the little slider sets lower right of the TX?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Oct 2011

today all systems set up and working, responding to commands. Feels like the day I switched on the superhet in BE&E and the day I built the sterio amp and tuner kit and it worked, all rolled into one. Yesterday I couldnt even spell Arrh Cee, Now I are a teknissun. Before I address the other receiver, Im going to install the pushrods, button up the cylinder and get it positioned in the hull. To see props turn and planes move today, Ill be happy.

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

Congratulations on getting your system installed. After you have had a chance to bask in your glow of achievement, remember to test your cylinder for leaks. Every once in awhile, my pushrods seal or bulkhead seal would leak and require an adjustment. Keep at it, you have crossed a big hurdle.
                      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                        today all systems set up and working, responding to commands. Feels like the day I switched on the superhet in BE&E and the day I built the sterio amp and tuner kit and it worked, all rolled into one. Yesterday I couldnt even spell Arrh Cee, Now I are a teknissun. Before I address the other receiver, Im going to install the pushrods, button up the cylinder and get it positioned in the hull. To see props turn and planes move today, Ill be happy.
                        CT meets RC. No good can come of this!

M
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                          Rear Admiral
                          • Oct 2011

CT meets RC. No good can come of this!

M
                          I can attest to that, but if I see any CTs around here, I'll squash em like the bugs, they are.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	98367

Comment

• Von Hilde
                            Rear Admiral
                            • Oct 2011

Do you lube the shafts? Pet greese? crc or some water repellant lube for the seals. there seems to be some friction. Also how do you increase the throw on the servos. I only get about 4 or 5 mm either way off neutral. Already at the end holes on the longest bell crank of the 3 that came with the servo. Couldnt put a longer one or it would rub on the cylinder. I still have to put the coax antenna on new rx before water is involved in the equasion. Wire hole in the bulkhead

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                              Do you lube the shafts? Pet greese? crc or some water repellant lube for the seals. there seems to be some friction. Also how do you increase the throw on the servos. I only get about 4 or 5 mm either way off neutral. Already at the end holes on the longest bell crank of the 3 that came with the servo. Couldnt put a longer one or it would rub on the cylinder. I still have to put the coax antenna on new rx before water is involved in the equasion. Wire hole in the bulkhead
                              Oh, damn ... hence all the jumping-out-of-perfectly-good-aircraft talk. I stand corrected. Parachute Rigger: master of all aircrew survival gear, right?

1. lubricate the shaft and pushrod seals with silicon oil

2. use the control surface operating shaft bell-crank hole nearest the center of rotation (Atlas would approve)

3. use the coaxial cable stuffing gland provided -- don't get fancy now, pal!

4. arrange the coaxial cable antenna extension like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0856.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	98368
                              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                                Rear Admiral
                                • Oct 2011

Oh, damn ... hence all the jumping-out-of-perfectly-good-aircraft talk. I stand corrected. Parachute Rigger: master of all aircrew survival gear, right?

1. lubricate the shaft and pushrod seals with silicon oil

2. use the control surface operating shaft bell-crank hole nearest the center of rotation (Atlas would approve)

3. use the coaxial cable stuffing gland provided -- don't get fancy now, pal!

4. arrange the coaxial cable antenna extension like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]31144[/ATTACH]
                                SEAR instructor, master snake eater. sushi style, no fires. You have to be tough if your going to be stupid. "Yesterday" wasnt that easy, either. Phil Bucklew was wrong. RIP Philip. Riddle me this, The old RX original antenna was re positioned to the ground the shield of the coax to the Gnd pin on ch 1. The only thing I did was not use the old antenna wire for a jumper. Being its just a ground, I used a piece of wire. Didnt think that would make a difference. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	98376 Evidently, there may lay the problem. The coax was routed thru an unused push rod packing gland. Is that not acceptable? Nuttin fancy there.
                                Last edited by Von Hilde; 05-01-2015, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...