Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

What? Do them both! In March, buy the Bronco kit and build it in 9 months. Then you will be ready for the Revell kit in November. :-)
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

the Type-23 is easier to convert: Single screw; less stuff on deck to break off, etc.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tugfan
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Nov 2010

No midline break in the hull for rc. Drat.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tugfan
          No midline break in the hull for rc. Drat.
          Yeah, that's a problem. Break out the surface-gauge mounted moto-tool.
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Someone in Taiwan already has their's
            RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

3 inch wide hull. Enough space for a 2.5" SD.

David how about an over and under setup, regular SD unit in the top half and a separate battery cylinder in the lower hull just like a real 23.
            Last edited by redboat219; 02-02-2013, 02:04 AM.
            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Bit of a pointless exercise. Just stick lead in the keel to get the stability you need.

Comment

• redboat219
                Admiral
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
                Bit of a pointless exercise. Just stick lead in the keel to get the stability you need.
                Yeah, but if your SD comes with a SAS you'll get more than enough air to blow out the ballast tank.
                Last edited by redboat219; 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• MFR1964
                  Detail Nut of the First Order
                  • Sep 2010

Don't forget the torpedo's guys, i've made some new plans to modify my electric launchtubes for easier use, frankly said, i stole one of David's ideas, have to build a prototype first.
                  Some more enlarged pics,

The last picture gave me a idea, why not use the split they allready made to the model, and fasten the SD to one of the halves.

Manfred.
                  I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

I See how it works now, Manfred -- just because I stole your ballast tank de watering system (I call it SAS), you now think you can steal my torpedo stuff (which I stole from Ron Perrott, Mike Dorey, Dan Kachur, Gene Berger .... too many victims to name here).

I'm outraged, outraged, I tell you! Hurumph!!!

So, that's the contents of the Bronco box? Wow! A complete kit indeed: polystyrene trees, clear parts, and even PE pieces. Nice! Thanks for sharing, buddy. Last one to complete his kit is a rotten egg ....

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
                      Detail Nut of the First Order
                      • Sep 2010

David,

Being a good student you learned me something, always steal idea's from the best.

Yeah, it's a complete kit, even with the exhaust which will be hided under the rearbumb of the conningtower (useless for us), i've allready searched my archives to do some homework about the XXIII, there are some issue's (detailnut as i'm), but in overall they did a good job, builded straight out of the box you will have a nice boat.
                      Can't wait to get my hands on this model, should stand nice next to my type VII.

Manfred.
                      I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
                        David,

Being a good student you learned me something, always steal idea's from the best.

Yeah, it's a complete kit, even with the exhaust which will be hided under the rearbumb of the conningtower (useless for us), i've allready searched my archives to do some homework about the XXIII, there are some issue's (detailnut as i'm), but in overall they did a good job, builded straight out of the box you will have a nice boat.
                        Can't wait to get my hands on this model, should stand nice next to my type VII.

Manfred.
                        What a beauty that thing is. We'll have fun with this one, that's for sure. How's your Flu going, Manfred?
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                          Admiral
                          • Jul 2011

I thought Mike was going to bring a few in, is that going to happen or should I look elsewhere?
                          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                            I thought Mike was going to bring a few in, is that going to happen or should I look elsewhere?
                            We were caught flat-footed on this release, Tom. Mike had contacted Bronco, and only a week ago we were assured a test-shot. Imagine our surprise to see this thing already out there in full kit form! To the best of my knowledge, Mike will stock this kit, just as soon as we can get some in.
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                              • Aug 2008

Well! Lets not be too hasty here. There has only been ONE sighted to the best of my knowledge, and that was in Taiwan.
                              Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• redboat219
                                Admiral
                                • Dec 2008

Not sure if they ship overseas, but if they do shipping charges might be pretty high.

Hermill said his LHS will have some in stock around this coming Chinese New Year.

Comment

Working...