X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Warpatroller
    David,

I just sent you an email, regarding your fittings kits for this model. Just a heads up..

Steve
    Thank you, Steve. I dropped the ball. Awaiting your mailing address so I can put this right. Thanks for the heads up -- I made a promise and failed to carry through with it.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Warpatroller
      Lieutenant
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      Thank you, Steve. I dropped the ball. Awaiting your mailing address so I can put this right. Thanks for the heads up -- I made a promise and failed to carry through with it.

David
      Thanks David! I'll be on the lookout for the package.
      "Wir kommen ihnen unbekannt."

Comment

• Warpatroller
        Lieutenant
        • Dec 2012

The fittings kits arrived! Those Propellers are beautiful things.. Now I've got to get started on these Broncos. They have been in storage for almost 2 years now..
        "Wir kommen ihnen unbekannt."

Comment

• roedj
          Captain
          • Sep 2008

David,

Did you ever figure out what was causing your handling difficulties with this model?

Dan
          Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by roedj
            David,

Did you ever figure out what was causing your handling difficulties with this model?

Dan

No, Dan. I was sluething out the problem without success, then I just had to put it asside to get back to production work. It sits in the box awaiting another round of 'WTF-is-wrong-with-you!".

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Sam Victory
              Commander
              • Sep 2021

Click image for larger version

Name:	32155B10-332F-4723-BDC1-BD79272510EF.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	154123 Correct me if I'm wrong...
              I think the problem should be the angle keeper.

The depth of a submarine is related to many factors. When you use gyroscope, you are trying to use rudder effect to set the depth, right? It is difficult to achieve the desired effect when used on a submarine for two reasons.
              1. gyroscope is an automatic control system designed for helicopters, gyroscope requires very high reaction time of the actuator, the rudder effect reaction of submarine is really not comparable to the correction speed of helicopters, so it may be counterproductive to use it on submarine;
              2. The gyroscope is used to measure the acceleration and apply the integral to make the rudder correction, which is very suitable for helicopters, but in submarines, the effect of this integral will be greatly reduced, and the more the gyroscope commands the submarine, the more chaotic it may be.
              The best way to keep the keel level is to use the balance meter with inclination sensor, which is not by integration, but by passing the inclination sensor to give a level standard, so there will be no error, and it is specially made for submarine, of course, there will not be the high speed rudder effect required for helicopter.

The water tank of the submarine will also affect the depth change, so really to do the fixed depth, Engel submarines use a water pressure sensor and the inclination sensor combined with a special controller (there are also two separate use) The black one with the nozzle in the picture is the water pressure sensor The small silver piece on the top left of the water pressure sensor is the inclination sensor.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thank you, Sam!
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...