X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by QuarterMaster
    BRAVO ZULO!

Click image for larger version Name:	BZ_Large.png Views:	0 Size:	333.6 KB ID:	166726

Well done Rob!!

Sorry I just got around to reading this in it's entirety. But you've got a beautiful boat coming along there regarding a personal historic subject for me. Not only for her lineage that lead to todays modern Commissioned Submarine in the US NAVY, but the fact sea trials and training for her crew took place at Holland Torpedo Boat Station in New Suffolk, NY, only about 40 minutes from where I lived on Long Island. I learned to sail and spent quite a bit of time in Greater/Little Peconic Bay and the north side of Robins Island where that activity took place. Water was only about 40-50' deep SW of Buoy R20 off of Little Hogs Neck/Nassau Point. Ray Mason and I attended the 100th Anniversary of the US Sub Force there back in '01.

About a 5 hour trip east to Gardeners Bay where the water got deeper for 75' dives.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-12 082846.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	166727

What a piece of history!!

Keep us informed including sea trails! AND BRING HER TO 2023 SUBFEST!!
    Thank you, Ed,

I really appreciate the compliment! Thats great that you lived not far from some of the Hollands history and sailed boats in the very water that the crews of the Holland trained! Thank you for posting up the Wikipedia info site on the Holland!

My new passion is trying to find, and 3D print and build up as many of these older 1800's and 1900's boats as I can! Thanks again Ed, I really appreciate your input!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"

Leave a comment:

• QuarterMaster
    replied
    BRAVO ZULO!

Click image for larger version  Name:	BZ_Large.png Views:	0 Size:	333.6 KB ID:	166726

Well done Rob!!

Sorry I just got around to reading this in it's entirety. But you've got a beautiful boat coming along there regarding a personal historic subject for me. Not only for her lineage that lead to todays modern Commissioned Submarine in the US NAVY, but the fact sea trials and training for her crew took place at Holland Torpedo Boat Station in New Suffolk, NY, only about 40 minutes from where I lived on Long Island. I learned to sail and spent quite a bit of time in Greater/Little Peconic Bay and the north side of Robins Island where that activity took place. Water was only about 40-50' deep SW of Buoy R20 off of Little Hogs Neck/Nassau Point. Ray Mason and I attended the 100th Anniversary of the US Sub Force there back in '01.

About a 5 hour trip east to Gardeners Bay where the water got deeper for 75' dives.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-12 082846.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	166727

What a piece of history!!

Keep us informed including sea trails! AND BRING HER TO 2023 SUBFEST!!

Leave a comment:

• JHapprich
    replied
    Done nicely!

Jörg

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    The base colors for the hull have been applied on the Holland.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 153.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	166709Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 154.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	166710

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 155.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	166711Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 156.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	166712

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 157.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	166713

I still have some detail finishing to do to the antennas, top of the main walking deck, some of the deck accessories, the chain, and the brass vent piping area around the stern, and some other minor detail work.

After that I will apply the matt clear coat over the entire boat and that will bring this build to a close!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    I finished up the paint work (rattle can) on the upper and lower hull sections.

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 1 155.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	166633Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND ! 154.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	166634

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 1 153.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	166635

Next will be a little detail work using a water base acrylic and hand brushes!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219

Name:	images (4).jpg
Views:	240
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	166302 Any plans of printing some RN personnel to populate the deck while running on the surface?
    Great idea Romel,

But I don't think I want to take it that far for now. It could happen may be someday!? :-))

Rob

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied

Name:	images (4).jpg
Views:	240
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	166302 Any plans of printing some RN personnel to populate the deck while running on the surface?

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Amazon just delivered the spray paint that I will be using on the HMS Holland!

Click image for larger version  Name:	HMS HOLLAND 152.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	166282

Click image for larger version  Name:	HMS HOLLAND 151.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	166283Click image for larger version  Name:	HMS HOLLAND 150.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	166284

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 149.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	166285Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 1.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	166286

The lower portion of the hull will be CHARCOAL & the upper portion will be the AGED GREY! Not sure what look yet! After ALL the finish work is complete there will be a final coat of the MATT CLEAR!

After this finish work is complete, I will take photos and a video of the completed boat!

Rob
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 11-01-2022, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Last night I finished up the majority of the WTC component trays!

Name:	SM UC 5 U-BOAT 38.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	166248Click image for larger version

Name:	SM UC 5 U-BOAT 39.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	166249

The next thing to do is to install all the components on all the trays and do the wiring!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• gantu
    replied
    Thank you rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by gantu
    Hello rob yes all the parts inside the etc and endcaps.
    Gantu,

I of course purchase the acrylic WTC, but all the component bulkheads, trays, and the end caps I design myself using TinkerCad for the design work, Some of the ideas and parts I get off of Thingiverse! I then do the 3D printing!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• gantu
    replied
    Hello rob yes all the parts inside the etc and endcaps.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by gantu
    Hello rob those encapsulated and tech rack parts do you use are drawings of you?
    Hi Gantu,

I am not clear on what you mean by tech racks!? Are you referring to the WTC inner bulk heads?

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 38.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	166209Click image for larger version

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 40.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	166210

Rob

Leave a comment:

• gantu
    replied
    Hello rob those encapsulated and tech rack parts do you use are drawings of you?

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Here is even a little better photo of the color scheme that I will go with!

Name:	HMS HOLLAND 149.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	166058 Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat""

Leave a comment:

Working...