Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gantu
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

Hello i do have some more files if needed tell me i do then an dropbox folder for you guy´s ?
    Regards Gantu

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by gantu
      Hello i do have some more files if needed tell me i do then an dropbox folder for you guy´s ?
      Gantu,

If you have the time and you want to upload more great information on these boats, that would be so appreciated by me as well anyone else that may be interested in the i-400 boats! Your expenditure of time on the already posted information is certainly appreciated. Thank you very much!!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• rwtdiver
        Vice Admiral
        • Feb 2019

The i-401 is complete and siting in its assigned spot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished i-401.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	156314Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished i-401 2.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	156315

I really enjoyed the build process on this submarine. I really appreciated all the information that was posted on the blog about this submarine. Thank you all!

Rob

Comment

• Sam Victory
          Commander
          • Sep 2021

Congratulations to you sir, on the successful completion of this submarine. I also really like the I-400 class submarine, for which I did a lot of research and did not miss every detail of this submarine. I have a lot of references on the I-400 submarine, lots of historical pictures, lots of reference books (I have to admit that the I-400 submarine is detailed by the Japanese) and I will share them if needed. Time is precious to me, so my ideas may not be quite the same as others, I don't have much time to make rc submarines, so I will try to make as few and complex as possible, each submarine is carefully selected by me and very representative, for example I-400 I think it can represent most WWII submarines in terms of function, because it really has many functions and complex, for that I even designed 1/72 rc I-400 submarine, which has all moving parts on board and almost fully automatic control. So complex structure that took me almost a week to design the structural sketches.

V

Click image for larger version  Name:	æ•è·.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	156319

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Pictures are too small. Can you post them individually?
            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• SubDude
              Captain
              • Dec 2019

Sub looks really good Rob. Nice job on it.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                Vice Admiral
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by RCJetDude
                Sub looks really good Rob. Nice job on it.
                Thanks Steve,

I do have some additional final finish work to do on the hull and super structure. All the photos that Sam and Ramel have put up on my build blog show the i-401 and the i-400, looking pretty grubby. I will be adding some splashes of lighter and darker greys, and some addition shades of rust. It was a fun build to do, and I am really enjoying reading about these boats and its history along with all the great info that Sam and Romel have put up! (Thank you)

I have just moved on to another project (not a submarine) I am going to 3D print some "Tug Boats" The one I am starting with is what they call a Utility Tug. It will be powered with electric motor and RC control. I have had some discussion with Nick about a possible Steam Powered Tug as well! I know I can't put my builds up on this blog, but might see a photo pop up now and then! :-))

Rob
                Last edited by rwtdiver; 11-29-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• SubDude
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2019

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Thanks Steve,

I do have some additional final finish work to do on the hull and super structure. All the photos that Sam and Ramel have put up on my build blog show the i-401 and the i-400, looking pretty grubby. I will ba adding some splashes of lighter and darker greys, and some addition shades of rust. I was a fun build to do, and I am really enjoying reading about these boats and its history along with all the great info that Sam and Romel have put up! (Thank you)

I have just moved on to another project (not a submarine) I am going to 3D print some "Tug Boats" The one I am starting with is what they call a Utility Tug. It will be powered with electric motor and RC control. I have had some discussion with Nick about a possible Steam Powered Tug as well! I know I can't put my builds on this blog, but might be a photo now and then!

Rob
                  Call them "targets". There is a thread for such.

Comment

• Sam Victory
                    Commander
                    • Sep 2021

Originally posted by redboat219
                    Pictures are too small. Can you post them individually?
                    I'm sorry I didn't send the pictures one by one, because considering the picture above the description text is not in English, so it is difficult for all of you to read what is written on it. Here is the side view and top view of the boat, my design makes all the parts on it movable, if you are interested in the function of any part of this boat, please let me know and I will share my design with you.

V
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	SW建模图纸(模ç³ç‰ˆï¼Œç¡®å®é•¿å®½å°ºå¯¸ç”¨ï¼‰.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	156355

Multi-view reference images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	156356Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	156357Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	156358Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	156359Click image for larger version

Name:	7103417.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	156360Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	156361Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	156362
                    Last edited by Sam Victory; 11-29-2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• redboat219
                      Admiral
                      • Dec 2008

Nope, your sketches.

Comment

• Sam Victory
                        Commander
                        • Sep 2021

Originally posted by redboat219
                        Nope, your sketches.
                        The annotations on the images are basically in Chinese, with a few in English, are you sure you still want to read it? I think it's a bit embarrassing if I send the design out with the possibility that people won't understand it (for Chinese annotations).

V

Comment

• redboat219
                          Admiral
                          • Dec 2008

It's okey. If it's like the previous sketches you posted the pictures can speak for themselves. Besides, can always use google translate.
                          Last edited by redboat219; 11-30-2021, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Sam Victory
                            Commander
                            • Sep 2021

Well, I'll try to post them... The resolution of my pictures is very high, but there is a limit to the resolution of pictures on this forum, so I can't post my original pictures, I have to take screenshots one by one.
                            V

Comment

• redboat219
                              Admiral
                              • Dec 2008

Thanks Sam.
                              From my initial scan, slide #2 looks like plans for a working deck gun.

Comment

• Sam Victory
                                Commander
                                • Sep 2021

These sketches I'm afraid are not that well understood, the I-400 submarine is different from other WWII submarines, it just has too many features. In terms of perspective, I drew mainly side view, top view, and main view. The ship has a dry hull structure, but the principle of the ballast system is similar to the SAS system, only the structure is different. I set the ballast water tank between the hull and WTC (same as the real submarine), the tank is separated by many bulkheads, so as to increase the damping of water, after all, a long water tank is easy to be unstable, the WTC is hollowed by the bulkheads, I don't know if you can imagine what I said, because I didn't draw the design too specific.

Comment

Working...