Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinksalot
    Commander
    • Mar 2020

This is the 3D model. I added a built in deck to the design. I still need to make the holes for the dive planes, rudder and shafts

Click image for larger version

Name:	i400 model.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	155238

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Sinkalot your 3D model looks good!

I finished all the Con Tower/Aircraft storage area!

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-400 aircraft.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	155241

This Con Tower/Aircraft Storage section has a total length of 20"! At this point I may put it together, primer, and do the detail fabrication while the rest of the submarine hull is being printed out!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rwtdiver; 11-01-2021, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

Smaller cousin of the I-400s.
        We hold regular competitions for anyone to participate, be they newcomers to the hobby or seasoned veterans.
        Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Sam Victory
          Commander
          • Sep 2021

I know it sounds crazy, I don't know if anyone has ever simulated an aircraft ejection from the I-400 deck before. I designed an aircraft ejection system for the I-400 a long time ago, the principle is very simple, is to eject the aircraft with compressed gas, put the aircraft on the launcher, the end of the launcher has a metal cylindrical hollow cover, the end of the opening. Use the servo to drive the metal rod to push the poppet valve, it will release compressed gas to eject the aircraft. The jet port on the deck is covered with an O-ring, and the jet port can be fixed by inserting it into the metal cylindrical cover when launching. The launcher, and the submarine deck are embedded with some magnets (the two are separated by a certain distance, not directly adsorbed together) to ensure the stability of the aircraft when launched, not shaking. Ideally, the aircraft will glide a certain distance when launched and eventually stop at the end of the track ~ the submarine is big enough and long enough. The poppet valve consists of a metal cover, tire valve, and trigger. The tire valve and metal cover can be glued together with strong casting glue. The schematic drawing is a bit messy, but the principle is still simple, just as some inspiration.

Sam V

Name:	1a520069a1ba166fe563e9297a8b466.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	155247Click image for larger version

Name:	e3bd3bef57b1229e8aec161ffac3c45.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	155246

Comment

• rwtdiver
            Vice Admiral
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Sam Victory
            I know it sounds crazy, I don't know if anyone has ever simulated an aircraft ejection from the I-400 deck before. I designed an aircraft ejection system for the I-400 a long time ago, the principle is very simple, is to eject the aircraft with compressed gas, put the aircraft on the launcher, the end of the launcher has a metal cylindrical hollow cover, the end of the opening. Use the servo to drive the metal rod to push the poppet valve, it will release compressed gas to eject the aircraft. The jet port on the deck is covered with an O-ring, and the jet port can be fixed by inserting it into the metal cylindrical cover when launching. The launcher, and the submarine deck are embedded with some magnets (the two are separated by a certain distance, not directly adsorbed together) to ensure the stability of the aircraft when launched, not shaking. Ideally, the aircraft will glide a certain distance when launched and eventually stop at the end of the track ~ the submarine is big enough and long enough. The poppet valve consists of a metal cover, tire valve, and trigger. The tire valve and metal cover can be glued together with strong casting glue. The schematic drawing is a bit messy, but the principle is still simple, just as some inspiration.

Sam V

Name:	1a520069a1ba166fe563e9297a8b466.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	155247Click image for larger version

Name:	e3bd3bef57b1229e8aec161ffac3c45.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	155246
            Thanks for the great drawings Sam V.

My intentions with boat is to maybe get it in the water with power, if not just a somewhat detailed model! Thanks again for all the input!!

Rob

Comment

• cheapsub
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Dec 2019

Rubberband

This one better

Last edited by cheapsub; 11-01-2021, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• redboat219
                Admiral
                • Dec 2008

Nice set up Sam.
                Soldering would be better than glue when joing brass together.

Think you need to install a a pressure regulator to throttle down the release of gas from your impulse bottle. Too much and your shuttle will go flying off like a spigot bomb. Also if you intend for your plane to glide it has to be light but strong to survive the sudden acceleration of the cat shot.

Simple option Click image for larger version

Name:	images (52).jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	155258
                Last edited by redboat219; 11-01-2021, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Sam Victory
                  Commander
                  • Sep 2021

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Thanks for the great drawings Sam V.

My intentions with boat is to maybe get it in the water with power, if not just a somewhat detailed model! Thanks again for all the input!!

Rob
                  You're welcome sir, I value the function of RC submarines as important, even more important than the shape of the submarine. I am not satisfied with only the basic functions of the rc submarine. More features bring more fun and more interesting. I was thinking it would be nice if this forum had the ability to send emojis so that our conversations would be fun and more lively!

Sam

Click image for larger version  Name:	src=http___p9.itc.cn_images01_20210123_244b69f84b084b1e9326a1df0aa2603b.jpeg&refer=http___p9.itc.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	155260

Comment

• Sam Victory
                    Commander
                    • Sep 2021

Originally posted by redboat219
                    Nice set up Sam.
                    Soldering would be better than glue when joing brass together.

Think you need to install a a pressure regulator to throttle down the release of gas from your impulse bottle. Too much and your shuttle will go flying off like a spigot bomb. Also if you intend for your plane to glide it has to be light but strong to survive the sudden acceleration of the cat shot.

Simple option Click image for larger version

Name:	images (52).jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	155258
                    Thanks for your reply, yes, the energy of compressed gas is huge, it might be feasible to have the poppet valve release only a small amount of gas at a time, i.e. an instantaneous release. Inspired by Mr. David's long ago mechanical torpedo launch system, or launch with a solenoid valve, that is an instantaneous injection of a small amount of gas.

Name:	若旋转推轮结构过于复杂则换成棘轮结构(颠来倒去就是为了让金属轮&#38388
Views:	275
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	155262

Name:	1uUl3q.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	155263

So no matter how it is modified, the complexity of the whole system is definitely increased. I let the wheels of the aircraft launcher stuck to the launch track, the launcher and launch track are equipped with magnets, all to improve the stability of the aircraft when gliding. Speaking of poppet valve welding, I did design that kind of welding poppet valve, but this kind of valve has the possibility of gas leakage because there is no O-ring seal.

Name:	ac08c69fdfcbca3fa264fe57dc98b74.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	155264

The valve I am currently designing has an O-ring, so it will not leak and thus not waste gas. I use the casting glue (I do not know if there is any sale in other countries) has super waterproof, sealing, super bonding ability, strength is comparable to welding (so also called welding glue), can only be cut with a chainsaw!

casting glue:

Name:	捕获.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	155265

Comment

• cheapsub
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Dec 2019

More POWER!
                      I am going to GAS you up :)

Comment

• rwtdiver
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Feb 2019

Well! It seems this build blog is really going astray!

Rob

Comment

• redboat219
                          Admiral
                          • Dec 2008

Rob,
                          what ballast system will you be using to float your boat?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by redboat219
                            Rob,
                            what ballast system will you be using to float your boat?
                            Romel,

Not sure just yet! Ran into a snag with two hull sections that will not print on my Dremel 40 printer! At this point I will have to reduce the size of the sub to accommodate the print size! Not sure just yet the scale it will be!

All part of building submarines I guess, work at it until you get it!!

Rob

Comment

• Sinksalot
                              Commander
                              • Mar 2020

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Romel,

Not sure just yet! Ran into a snag with two hull sections that will not print on my Dremel 40 printer! At this point I will have to reduce the size of the sub to accommodate the print size! Not sure just yet the scale it will be!

All part of building submarines I guess, work at it until you get it!!

Rob
                              Why don't you cut the 3D model part to fit your printer.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                                Vice Admiral
                                • Feb 2019

Sinksalot,

Yes that certainly was an option! But I have chose to reduce the size of the sub to a more manageable size due to size restriction in my shop/hobby room!

Rob

Comment

Working...