Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwtdiver
    Vice Admiral
    • Feb 2019

I finished up all the lighting and related wiring, and everything went well! Spent some time this evening getting things ready for the SD wiring for tomorrow!

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	150524

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010946.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	150525

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010947.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	150526

I am following Bob Martins video #4 which shows how this SD is wired up on the Nautilus that he built! So far things have been falling into place pretty close to his build videos! I honestly do not see how anyone could build this 1:77 scale Disney Nautilus without using his 1 through 5 build videos! Great job Bob!! Thank you!!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-09-2021, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Some of the electronics in the SD (ESC, and the pump) where defective! Long story short! The Nautilus will be a surface runner only! Ounce I get the new design worked out, I will post the results! As of now the 1:77 scale Disney Nautilus is done!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010722.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	150546Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010774.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	150547

Name:	P1010775.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	150548

Thanks for following! Moving on!

Rob

Comment

• RCSubGuy
        Welcome to my underwater realm!
        • Aug 2009

Rob,

What you're saying is pretty alarming. Every single one of these subdrivers are fully tested prior to being shipped out. If there is an issue, I'm sure we can get it to talk to through. No need to got a perfectly good cylinder if it will get the job done.

You need to let me know when something like this happens so we can hook you up...

Bob

Comment

• rwtdiver
          Vice Admiral
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by SubHuman
          Rob,

What you're saying is pretty alarming. Every single one of these subdrivers are fully tested prior to being shipped out. If there is an issue, I'm sure we can get it to talk to through. No need to got a perfectly good cylinder if it will get the job done.

You need to let me know when something like this happens so we can hook you up...

Bob
          Bob! Thank you for responding! Please! I am in NO WAY blaming Nautilus Drydocks for these issues! I could have caused the wires to break off when I took the electronics out of the cylinder! As for the ESC, I may have crossed some wires in the process! It has been almost a year that everything has been boxed up before I started on it! I do not want any type of warranty recourse on this SD Bob!

This Nautilus is a tough build at best! And these type of things can happen during the build! And at this point I think these issues may have been caused by me! Please everyone reading this right now, understand I am NOT blaming Nautilus Drydocks! Yes I am frustrated right now, but I will put this boat to water and be very happy with it! The lights look great, the running gear and rudder work great since I put in a new ESC (Viper 10) and wired it up! So put this to rest that Nautilus Drydocks shipped me a defective SD! They are a VERY reputable company!!

I am very happy with how this boat turned out! It may not be up to it's full potential, but it will look great running around in my pool! Sorry I put my frustration out on the blog, and for giving the impression that Nautilus Drydocks was at fault! Moving on! Thanks to all that have helped me on this blog and forum for the past year plus!

Thank you!

Rob
          Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-11-2021, 09:02 PM. Reason: change

Comment

• RCSubGuy
            • Aug 2009

Thanks for the clarification, Rob. Had us worried for a bit there. On the topic of the cylinder, though... For heaven's sake, let's get that boat diving! You have our full support to work through the challenges of the tilting prop linkage, and the cylinder is basically set up and ready to rock as she came. It's a half-step, a hop and a jump to go from surface target to fully operational agent of destruction of the "hated nation". We're standing by to help make that happen for you.

Bob

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
              Thanks for the clarification, Rob. Had us worried for a bit there. On the topic of the cylinder, though... For heaven's sake, let's get that boat diving! You have our full support to work through the challenges of the tilting prop linkage, and the cylinder is basically set up and ready to rock as she came. It's a half-step, a hop and a jump to go from surface target to fully operational agent of destruction of the "hated nation". We're standing by to help make that happen for you.

Bob
              And what ****ing good is a gimbaled propeller if you're stuck on the surface?

Send me that POS SD and I'll fix it for you.

David
              That Hated Nation
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                Vice Admiral
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

And what ****ing good is a gimbaled propeller if you're stuck on the surface?

Send me that POS SD and I'll fix it for you.

David
                That Hated Nation
                I want to thank you David and Bob for your kind and generous offerings!

A-side from being the most frustrating, challenging, failure redden, and sometimes successful wonderful hobby, it's the people like both of you that make it what it is! At this point I need to back away from it a while and recoup! Thank you again for how you always step up to help us all!

You are both truly my friends, and for that I am grateful!

Rob

Comment

• redboat219
                  Admiral
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver
                  ESC, and the pump where defective!
                  Rob
                  Bad commutator maybe,.
                  David used a test rig to weed out the bad ones

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• rwtdiver
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Feb 2019

After about 5 months work off and on! The Disney Nautilus is complete!

Name:	Nautilus 4.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	150756

Name:	Nautilus one.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	150757

Name:	Nautilus Three.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	150758

Name:	Nautilus two.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	150759

I am extremely happy with how this boat performs! Running this boat at anything over just above 1/4 throttle was just to fast! It has a great turning radius, in fact this is the first boat that I have build that will turn full circles in our pool! It was great fun!

I do have some videos that my wife took, and I will post them up as soon as I can!

Rob

Comment

• rwtdiver
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Feb 2019

Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-24-2021, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Feb 2019

I am so sorry how I had to post my Nautilus videos! NEWBE! I am just learning how to do it! Non the less enjoy!

Rob
                        Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-24-2021, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• rwtdiver
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Feb 2019

I am really sorry how I posted the videos of my Nautilus! I used every back door known to man to get them up! I took them off my YouTube sight thinking that was how to do them! As you can tell by the mess above its not the correct way!

Is there a place on this forum that can explain how to get a video up? Or can someone please walk me through it? Thank you for the help!

Rob

Comment

• redboat219
                            Admiral
                            • Dec 2008

At least try diving dynamically.
                            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                              • Aug 2009

While I, too, would love to see this boat submerge to hunt ships of the hated nation (and we stand by to help make that happen, Rob!), this is Rob's build and if he's happy with a surface runner, more power to him. This boat looks amazing surfaced or submerged, and at the end of the day, the only person he needs to answer to is himself.

I get a lot of emails and calls from people stressing about "accurate" building and painting of their models, or apologizing that the 100% fully scratchbuilt sub that they willed into being doesn't look as good as the professional offerings from other builders. At the end of the day, if you want a bright purple nuclear submarine with yellow racing stripes and you're happy with that, as far as I'm concerned, everyone else can go suck seawater.

Comment

• trout
                                Admiral
                                • Jul 2011

Bob,
                                I cannot agree with you more. We do what we can, given our skills, desires, and experience, to enjoy our hobby or passion for submarines. While I understand people are trying to encourage Rob to step out a little further out of his comfort zone, I enjoy just seeing what Rob does!
                                Last edited by trout; 06-24-2021, 09:09 AM.
                                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...