Click image for larger version

Name:	Nautilus 4.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	150803

"To Be Continued"

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-24-2021, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    So be it.

David

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Here are two photos of the re-manufactured SD that I built to replace original one I destroyed!

Name:	P1010654.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	150781Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010677.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	150782

Rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Rob (and all of us) can do so much more! Never settle for less than your best. Why do we call them SCALE models then? I'm diametrically opposed to this 'if it's good enough for you, it's good enough' feel-good horse-****.

Rob: drop the other shoe. Get that SD fully functional and make than an even better model. I command it!

David
    Thanks Bob, Tom, and David!

I hear what you are all saying! Yes I am VERY pleased with how it performs as it is! It handles exceptionally well, and it is a blast to operate. I now have a boat that totally turns the full radius of our pool, and with room to spare. I did not use the rudder extender at all!

The reason I did not make this fully operational, was because I totally destroyed every piece of electronics in the original SD! This happened because I hooked up the SD to my DC power supply, turned it on BEFORE I checked the voltage settings! Needless to say I smoked the SD. Therefore I re-manufactured another SD complete from scrap parts that I had and purchased some new electronics as well!

So that is the bottom line at this point. Also I had an issue with the adjustable prop linkage not operating properly! So at this point I take this build at what I finally wound up with! There is no doubt in my mind that in time I will have this boat diving as it should with a proper SD and a reworked adjustable prop system!! I think she looks darn good in the water!!!!

Rob

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Bob,
    I cannot agree with you more. We do what we can, given our skills, desires, and experience, to enjoy our hobby or passion for submarines. While I understand people are trying to encourage Rob to step out a little further out of his comfort zone, I enjoy just seeing what Rob does!
    Rob (and all of us) can do so much more! Never settle for less than your best. Why do we call them SCALE models then? I'm diametrically opposed to this 'if it's good enough for you, it's good enough' feel-good horse-****.

Rob: drop the other shoe. Get that SD fully functional and make than an even better model. I command it!

David

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Bob,
    I cannot agree with you more. We do what we can, given our skills, desires, and experience, to enjoy our hobby or passion for submarines. While I understand people are trying to encourage Rob to step out a little further out of his comfort zone, I enjoy just seeing what Rob does!
    Last edited by trout; 06-24-2021, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    While I, too, would love to see this boat submerge to hunt ships of the hated nation (and we stand by to help make that happen, Rob!), this is Rob's build and if he's happy with a surface runner, more power to him. This boat looks amazing surfaced or submerged, and at the end of the day, the only person he needs to answer to is himself.

I get a lot of emails and calls from people stressing about "accurate" building and painting of their models, or apologizing that the 100% fully scratchbuilt sub that they willed into being doesn't look as good as the professional offerings from other builders. At the end of the day, if you want a bright purple nuclear submarine with yellow racing stripes and you're happy with that, as far as I'm concerned, everyone else can go suck seawater.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    At least try diving dynamically.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    I am really sorry how I posted the videos of my Nautilus! I used every back door known to man to get them up! I took them off my YouTube sight thinking that was how to do them! As you can tell by the mess above its not the correct way!

Is there a place on this forum that can explain how to get a video up? Or can someone please walk me through it? Thank you for the help!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied

I am so sorry how I had to post my Nautilus videos! NEWBE! I am just learning how to do it! Non the less enjoy!

Rob
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-24-2021, 03:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 06-24-2021, 03:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    After about 5 months work off and on! The Disney Nautilus is complete!

Name:	Nautilus 4.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	150756

Name:	Nautilus one.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	150757

Name:	Nautilus Three.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	150758

Name:	Nautilus two.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	150759

I am extremely happy with how this boat performs! Running this boat at anything over just above 1/4 throttle was just to fast! It has a great turning radius, in fact this is the first boat that I have build that will turn full circles in our pool! It was great fun!

I do have some videos that my wife took, and I will post them up as soon as I can!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver
    ESC, and the pump where defective!
    Rob
    Bad commutator maybe,.
    David used a test rig to weed out the bad ones

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

And what ****ing good is a gimbaled propeller if you're stuck on the surface?

Send me that POS SD and I'll fix it for you.

David
    That Hated Nation
    I want to thank you David and Bob for your kind and generous offerings!

A-side from being the most frustrating, challenging, failure redden, and sometimes successful wonderful hobby, it's the people like both of you that make it what it is! At this point I need to back away from it a while and recoup! Thank you again for how you always step up to help us all!

You are both truly my friends, and for that I am grateful!

Rob

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by SubHuman
    Thanks for the clarification, Rob. Had us worried for a bit there. On the topic of the cylinder, though... For heaven's sake, let's get that boat diving! You have our full support to work through the challenges of the tilting prop linkage, and the cylinder is basically set up and ready to rock as she came. It's a half-step, a hop and a jump to go from surface target to fully operational agent of destruction of the "hated nation". We're standing by to help make that happen for you.

Bob
    And what ****ing good is a gimbaled propeller if you're stuck on the surface?

Send me that POS SD and I'll fix it for you.

David
    That Hated Nation

Leave a comment:

Working...