Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver
    I have a question about the correct ESC to use on my 2" SD that came with the 1:77 Scale nautilus. I am thinking the Viper Marine 10 Mini with a 1.2A BEC should be a good ESC for this boat!? The bigger SUB 10 with a 40 amp motor limit and a 3A BEC would be a somewhat overkill for this application!? The battery that came with the kit is a 3 cell (11.1 volt) 850 MAH!

The SD has a small brushed drive motor, small pump motor with 9g servo, and two 9g servos for rudder and dive system.

Any recommendation on the ESC would be helpful. I am hoping the Mini 10 will be OK because of the limited amount of space for installation.

Thanks for the help on this!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat"
    If this is a stock SD I manufactured it already has a ESC installed. And if so, DO NOT USE a 11.1 volt battery. Only use a two-cell battery! That motor is rated for 6 volts, not 12 volts.

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    I have a question about the correct ESC to use on my 2" SD that came with the 1:77 Scale nautilus. I am thinking the Viper Marine 10 Mini with a 1.2A BEC should be a good ESC for this boat!? The bigger SUB 10 with a 40 amp motor limit and a 3A BEC would be a somewhat overkill for this application!? The battery that came with the kit is a 3 cell (11.1 volt) 850 MAH!

The SD has a small brushed drive motor, small pump motor with 9g servo, and two 9g servos for rudder and dive system.

Any recommendation on the ESC would be helpful. I am hoping the Mini 10 will be OK because of the limited amount of space for installation.

Thanks for the help on this!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Rob,
    Happy New Year!
    peace,
    tom
    Thank you Tom! And a Very "Happy New Year" to you as well! Stay safe and well Tom!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Rob,
    Happy New Year!
    peace,
    tom

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    started a topic My 1:77 Scale Disney Nautilus Build

My 1:77 Scale Disney Nautilus Build

I am finally on my Nautilus build!

Click image for larger version  Name:	PC260006.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.8 KB ID:	146191

I got this complete kit from Bob, Nautilus Drydocks about 6 months ago! I finished up my Skipjack so now I can do the Nautilus! But I have two other Grandson projects
    that are part of the mix to finish!

Click image for larger version  Name:	PC270008.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	146192Click image for larger version  Name:	PC270009.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	146193
    "N" Scale train set up, & and oh yes 3D printed Ninja Turtle set!
    The Disney Nautilus is the final Sub build that I have planned for the future, unless Bob comes out with 3D files on a Sub that I got to have.

Bear with me, I will be posting to the Nautilus build in the very near future!! "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to all!!

Rob
    Last edited by rwtdiver; 12-27-2020, 03:57 PM.
Working...