Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken_NJ
    Looks like another Skipjack? How many times have you built the same boat over and over? And they always come out different each time and always looking great! And I learn something each time seeing it.
    Oh, Christ!... now I have to be nice to you???!!!!

OK. I'll play. Just talking the 1/96 D&E Miniatures ones, mind you:

Total -- Ellie and I assembled (most of them no farther than primer gray) -- at least a hundred. Most of them kits we sold before associating with Mr. Caswell. I would say at least twenty of those assembled, fully completed, functional and painted -- most of those weathered. Several turn-key jobs, some for friends, and the rest I ran till someone made me an offer I could not refuse.

Each model submarine from the 90's on became a test canvas for painting and weathering studies. It never ends -- only gets better (with the occasional goof... but we won't talk about those!).

Leave a comment:

• Ken_NJ
    replied
    Looks like another Skipjack? How many times have you built the same boat over and over? And they always come out different each time and always looking great! And I learn something each time seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rwtdiver
    replied
    Thank you very much David! Your advice is always the final word, and it is most appreciated!!

Rob
    "Firemen can stand the heat."

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Originally posted by rwtdiver

What purpose does the brass tube serve anyway?

"Firemen can stand the heat."

Leave a comment:

Working...