Oh, man! I'm like a kid Christmas eve.

David
    How do you think I feel, lol.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCnut
      How do you think I feel, lol.
      Like a new Father with twins who belong to Mensa.

What a stunning piece of work.

I hate you.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCnut
        Commander
        • Apr 2012

Ok I started to Kit build proper now that I know the mechanics work. Im waiting for the new jet to arrive and some new bits from the cap (ETF). Heres where I am as of today. In case your wondering I vacformed over the fibreglass cabin but it took four attempts to get an even thickness both sides. The mould is now with the cap (ETF) and hopfully clear cabin will be available soon. Note: If its going to be a diving version you need to use the fibreglass one and have it freeflood so painted windows are the order of the day(In my humble opinion)
        Attached Files

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Mamas, that truly is a work of art! What do you mean you got the decals done? You mean you make decals ................also???????????????? What cant you do??!!!
          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Wow!.......
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCnut
              Commander
              • Apr 2012

Hey Mark, David, No I had them Made up by a good friend of mine. Oh BTW Bernie from the ETF (Eagle Transporter Forum) has sent me my Laser cut parts and I will recieve them tomorrow so I will be at least test fitting them, And he said that if David Merriman Makes a WTC for this kit He would buy one lol.

Comment

• alad61
                Commander
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                Wow!.......
                What he said... And then some!!!
                Cheers,
                Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
                But to dream is a reality

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

I think Bernie is the one that helped me get in touch with you originally when I was trying to buy, borrow, steal, anything to get a Skydiver from you. ONE DAY SOON.................I will begin again.

Comment

• RCnut
                    Commander
                    • Apr 2012

Done the cabin fins and Conning tower today.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• greenman407
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

Superb......as usual. I would expect nothing less from you.

Comment

• RCnut
                        Commander
                        • Apr 2012

Cheers guys, I will clean up and hopefully Start on an interior soon. Probably not suitable for an RC version but Bernie will produce a frosted cabin so the windows will still look good. I had those Laser parts delivered today, They were quite superb, however they needed a few tweaks which are in hand, When there done I will post pics and they will be offererd as an option for those wishing to go the RC route.
                        Last edited by RCnut; 07-28-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Captain Scifi
                          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                          • Jul 2012

Glad you liked the parts very happy to help out on this build, Stingray is such a great design but so very difficult to get right. I have to say it looks like you absolutely nailed it capturing the curves of my favourite of the studio models.

You have made life easy by building such a good quality kit to begin with, great work mate...!
                          Last edited by Captain Scifi; 07-30-2012, 05:08 AM.
                          Building Gerry Anderson Studio Scale replicas at www.eagletransporter.com

Comment

• RCnut
                            Commander
                            • Apr 2012

Just a couple of comparison shots of the jet drive plates, You can see my efforts and then the Laser cut ones Bernies done, Also the different Nozzel that comes with the Kehrer jet, much better!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• RCnut
                              Commander
                              • Apr 2012

Just done a bit today, top of the periscope and I made up the linkages for the side fins. I still dont know whether to have them both linked or seperately controlled as they were on the RA models one.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Aug 2008

It's a no-brainer to me. To make tight banking turns you'll work the STINGRAY 'wings' as ailerons.

So, transmitter right stick, left-right axis will control roll, and up-down axis on the same stick for pitch control of PJ's gimbaled nozzle -- banking turns coordinated with 'elevator'. Put rudder on the transmitters left stick to yaw the PJ nozzle.

Slave the elevator (PJ nozzle pitch axis) to an on-board angle-keeper -- this is a 'must have' feature. You will
                                remain in the control loop, but the angle-keeper will keep the boat honest about the pitch axis automatically when you're not attending to control of that axis.

Configure the transmitter just as you would for an airplane. 'Fly' into the turns with aileron, elevator and rudder coordination.

If you're not a plane flyer already, invest in a good quality simulator system. You're gonna be busy at the sticks with this one!

ch-1 is aileron (differential use of the 'wings' on the STINGRAY)
                                ch-2 is elevator (PJ nozzle pitch axis)
                                ch-3 throttle
                                ch-4 rudder (PJ yaw axis)
                                ch-6 ballast sub-system

I have spoken, so let it be written (crack of thunder).

David
                                Attached Files
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...