X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCnut
    Commander
    • Apr 2012

Stingray Build

Today I laid the foundation for my next build, a 32 inch Stingray sub, Its not as big as some peeps wanted it but I considered it for a while and decided that a 40mm jet in it would propel it thru the water in a very speedy manner giving the builder the option of dynamic diving or static. The other reason is there are a couple of kits floating around out there at 3 foot so as I said I like to be different:biggrin:
    Attached Files
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

OK. It's official now: I truely hate you.

So, what kind of a barter deal can we work out -- I want one of those MarineVille monsters! (I can hear the GQ drums as I type).

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCnut
      Commander
      • Apr 2012

Lol, ok Im sure we can work something out but I have to build it first.

Mamas

Comment

• Nige1912
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
        OK. It's official now: I truely hate you.

So, what kind of a barter deal can we work out -- I want one of those MarineVille monsters! (I can hear the GQ drums as I type).

David
        (singing in best tenor voice)
        ....." Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina.....aqua Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina.............. ...."Scuba Diving

Comment

• Aug 2008

Oh, I so hate that luvy-duvy, insipid, eye-twinkling, puke-inducing love song!!!!!

Please, God! Tell me Barry Gray had nothing to do with that awful thing!

(and, Nige: there is a special place in hell for people who put that tune in the head of other people!).

David
          Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 06-04-2012, 07:20 AM.
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• alad61
            Commander
            • Jan 2012

The Stingray... Now that is a excellent subject. Skydiver is a great subject but the Stingray is in my books a much cooler submarine. I shall be keeping an eye on how this progresses for sure.
            Cheers,
            Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
            But to dream is a reality

Comment

• Nige1912
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
              Oh, I so hate that luvy-duvy, insipid, eye-twinkling, puke-inducing love song!!!!!

Please, God! Tell me Barry Gary had nothing to do with that awful thing!

(and, Nige: there is a special place in hell for people who put that tune in the head of other people!).

David
              LOL-and its there isn't it? I just know that it's going round and round in your head and you are humming away as you work...."Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiina.........aqua Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina".Scuba Diving

Comment

• RCnut
                Commander
                • Apr 2012

You guys crack me up lol, anyway today I hope to get the ribs cut for the bottom part of the hull. Pics to follow.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Nige1912
                  LOL-and its there isn't it? I just know that it's going round and round in your head and you are humming away as you work...."Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiina.........aqua Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina".Scuba Diving
                  Damn you! ... damn you all to HEEELLLLLLL!!!!!! (think Charles Heston groveling in beach sand)
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

OK, Mamas, we've had our fun ... time to stop hi-jacking your thread.

I have a file of STINGRAY dope. If you think it would be useful to you, I would be delighted to copy it and mail it off to you. If so, I'll need your mailing address, contact me at, dmeriman@aol.com if interested.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

Good stuff. The Stingray and the Supercar are the only two GA vehicles that I have ever been tempted to build myself.

Worth having a word with Ahmed LAtif (on the Dive-in facebook page). He's the only one I know in the Uk with a working Stingray that also dives. I think it uses a vectored nozzle to tilt and yaw.

Here it is in action, could do with a bit more pace, wouldn't be difficult with a change of motor and prop-

Comment

• RCnut
                        Commander
                        • Apr 2012

Had a bit of a busy spell today, cut the ribs, glued them in and back filled with card to limit the amount of filler I would use. The belly on skydiver was made the same way but had plasticard filling, so as card is being used here and is not as strong, I need to make sure the seperate compartments of filler meet so as to be more stable. As you can see I have drilled holes in the ribs to allow the filler to flow thru so to speak.

David, I will e mail you now and would very much appreciate any Dope you have.:biggrin:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Aug 2008

Yeah, get me that address and I'll burn copies tonight.

David
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCnut
                            Commander
                            • Apr 2012

Today I filled and sanded the bottom hull, I now need to burn out the plastic and refill with filler.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• RCnut
                              Commander
                              • Apr 2012

Top Hull, Needs sanding back then the upper layer needs to be done as well as the ratemaster blob.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...