Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Heres the last one and its the longest. I highly recommend selecting the highest setting on the playback that you can. The default setting is low.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Peter W
      Captain
      • May 2011

As I said earlier this thing looks great. I am surprised with the speed this thing goes and the shape of that nose that it doesn't bury it's headstraight down.

Peter

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Thanks Peter. Perhaps Rick Teskeys designed Seaview doesnt lend itself to that. Maybe slight, imperceptible, dimensional changes in his dampen the shovel noses effect on ride characteristics. I dont know since this is the only one Ive had any experience with. It should be noted that I deviated(deviant behavior common)from the normal setup in that I turned the rear horizontal fins into dive planes. The only time it tends to go down is in the turns. It goes down worse when you turn to port, not so much when you turn to starboard. Who knows.
        Last edited by greenman407; 04-27-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Precession of rotation?

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Whats next? I dunno. Ive been toying around with the idea of getting all the lights working again. The lights shinning out the eight windows, as well as the nose spot light and the Cadillac fins lights. Ive had them all working before and I did a night run with her. Maybe thats next.

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by HardRock
              Precession of rotation?
              What you said.........yeah thats exactly what I was contemplating..................yeah

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

The battery WTC decided it was time to crack up. I have been storing this in my utility shed where the heat in the summer is probably pretty high. Maybe all the Subdrivers need to be inside the house. McMaster & Carr is sending me out another piece of 3" Polycarboanate tube that I will transform into a replacement battery WTC so that sub-life can go on.

Comment

• Kazzer
                  Kazzer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner into a cylinder that had some water in it and the cracking the next day was like a windshield that has been hit by a stone. This doesn't look like that, more like mechanical damage. WD40 would probably have the same effect as a a stone on a windshield.
              • Subculture
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

I've never seen polycarbonate break up like that ever. Have you had any chemicals near that, especially solvents?

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Subculture
                  I've never seen polycarbonate break up like that ever. Have you had any chemicals near that, especially solvents?
                  Nope. The only thing that gets on it is silicone grease that I put on the O-rings. I have seen them crack, radiating out from countersunk screw holes. Thats why I dont countersink holes in them anymore, I just drill them and let the head of the screw stand proud. No stress. Also when I CAed two pieces together on a Sub-driver, the stress caused major cracking. It is an older unit. I bought it from Dave at least 6 years ago......maybe a little more. End caps are still good.
                  Last edited by greenman407; 09-15-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• redboat219
                    Admiral
                    • Dec 2008

Strange. This is the RCABS cylinder I got from Albion last year for the Revell Type VII. It was stored in a closed top cabinet along with my Kilo and other styrene kits. The top of the cabinet is the floor of the crawl space under our roof made of corrugated steel sheets.

Not sure how hot it got in there during the summer but my other stuff are relatively okey.
                    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Subculture
                      Admiral
                      • Feb 2009

I understand that polycarbonate is notch sensitive, so good idea to avoid countersunk screws where possible if that area is likely to be under some strain.

I find WD40 can cause major problems with some plastics.

Comment

• redboat219
                        Admiral
                        • Dec 2008

Forgot to mention the wall of the cylinder is 1/8" thick, double compared to what HWSNBN uses, yet it cracked.
                        Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                          • Aug 2008

Watched your boat going at Duck Lake again. What a well behaved boat, Mark. Great work.

M
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

Finally got a chance to repair the shattered battery WTC. Here it is.

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Came across this picture of a Seaview. I thought it was good enough to post. Photo shopped of course. Looks like they might have used a 688 to start with.Click image for larger version

Name:	Z3-SEAVIEW-departing-New-London-at-dawn.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	115855

Comment

Working...