Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monahan Steam Models
    replied
    Bob,

Nice work on Ed’s VII boat. Looks like the 3” MSD was a great choice and a good fit. Impressed you got the everything fit inside the rear motor module in such a short space with what looks to be the larger air pump. If you don’t mind, post some more photos and details of the work you did setting up this 3” unit.

Best Regards,

Nick

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Thanks for the akula update.

Leave a comment:

• scubaed1911
    replied
    Thanks Bob!

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    The Akula comes in two flavors:
    • Untouched 1/96 Akula, includes all the fittings and detail parts, photo etch, but no dry transfers or plan set .
    • Brass propeller and periscopes
    • 3.5 WTC older, but clean, lightly used if at all, 3 servos installed, and ballast servo.
    • VEX 6 channel TX Brand new (no box)
    • 6 channel RX brand new
    • AD2 brand new
    • Viper ESC brand new
    • Missing pulse detector
    • Asking $899
    Second one is Hull and appendages only: $450

Progress on Ed's Type VII. The cylinder is 90% complete and the hull and linkages have been modified to accept it. I re-used Mike's slick hold-down system for the cylinder. I installed new guide bushings for the drive shafts as the old ones were running loose in the hull with a bit of slop (not a real issue, but it was bugging me!).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201118_150202.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	145209Click image for larger version

Name:	20201118_150206.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	145211Click image for larger version

Name:	20201118_150146.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	145212

Delphin prototype is coming along slowly as we get time. Getting those big contra rotating motors in the back is a challenge, but we'll do it!

Name:	20201118_150214.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	145210

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Originally posted by SubHuman
    Still lots going on at the Drydocks. I'll try to get pics up soon, but I've been utterly swamped.

As most of you already know, I've run a Christmas Sale and it was hugely successful. There are still a few things in there that you should take a look at, and I'm adding more all the time. Some things of note that I just added this morning:
    1. Fully RTR HL Hunley
    2. Complete 32Parallel Type VII kit
    Not yet listed;
    1. Scaleships Akula kits (2 of 'em!). One is hull only and the other has an original D&E 3.5" cylinder with it
    2. OTW Type VII kit - NIB. Not a huge discount on this as it's new and a high demand item. Normally I wouldn't discount it, but hey... it's nearly Christmas!

Work continues on the new line of cylinders in order to fulfill existing customer orders and improve manufacturability.

A big announcement coming up tomorrow during my YouTube Live at 6:30pm eastern time. There will be a change in the Drydocks product scope and what we'll be offering the hobby. Come on in and join the discussion! You've got nothing better to do anyway, right!?

Still working hard on getting my private pilot's license. I'm in the final stages now, flying every day. That's cutting into shop time a bit, but I'm putting in later hours to try to compensate. Renee and I are taking a week to go on vacation next week. Once I get back, it's final review and my checkride!

More soon!
    How much is the Scale shipyard Akula without WTC?
    What size is it?
    Is it complete OR assembly required?

George

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    Oh, and the HL Hunley is a masterpiece! A must have for those who are at the top of this Hobby! Personally the “WAF” (Wife Acceptance Factor”) keeps me from purchasing it, lol

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    We all appreciate your efforts! Remember to take care of yourself.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Still lots going on at the Drydocks. I'll try to get pics up soon, but I've been utterly swamped.

As most of you already know, I've run a Christmas Sale and it was hugely successful. There are still a few things in there that you should take a look at, and I'm adding more all the time. Some things of note that I just added this morning:
    1. Fully RTR HL Hunley
    2. Complete 32Parallel Type VII kit
    Not yet listed;
    1. Scaleships Akula kits (2 of 'em!). One is hull only and the other has an original D&E 3.5" cylinder with it
    2. OTW Type VII kit - NIB. Not a huge discount on this as it's new and a high demand item. Normally I wouldn't discount it, but hey... it's nearly Christmas!

Work continues on the new line of cylinders in order to fulfill existing customer orders and improve manufacturability.

A big announcement coming up tomorrow during my YouTube Live at 6:30pm eastern time. There will be a change in the Drydocks product scope and what we'll be offering the hobby. Come on in and join the discussion! You've got nothing better to do anyway, right!?

Still working hard on getting my private pilot's license. I'm in the final stages now, flying every day. That's cutting into shop time a bit, but I'm putting in later hours to try to compensate. Renee and I are taking a week to go on vacation next week. Once I get back, it's final review and my checkride!

More soon!

Leave a comment:

• scubaed1911
    replied
    Thanks Logan!

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    Is that 1/32 scale Type XXI formally owned by Mike Dory?
    Yessir. I believe Dory and Lederer were the driving force behind that boat. Great engineering in there. Quasi dry hull.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Is that 1/32 scale Type XXI formally owned by Mike Dory?

Leave a comment:

• biggsgolf
    replied
    Looking good!

Leave a comment:

• NauticalLogan
    replied
    Hey everyone! It's Logan from the Nautilus drydocks. I'm starting to help with more than just the orders, and I wanted to share some of the projects that are bouncing around, both the completed and the in progress. Hope to give you all some more updates in the future!

Some of the fleet of boats we have here at the Drydocks waiting for finishing up and selling RTR! See anything you like?

Name:	IMG_0634.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	144932

Top Secret! Don't ask!

Name:	IMG_0632.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	144933

HL Hunley is nearly ready! Initial weathering and her new guts, ready for a radio!

Name:	IMG_0631.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	144934

More boats! This guy is a 32nd scale XXI with a long and wonderful history!

Name:	IMG_0635.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	144935
    Two customer builds awaiting cylinder installation, test and trim.

Name:	IMG_0636.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	144936

The new 3" MSD for installation in the 48th scale Arkmodel Type VII

Name:	IMG_0633.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	144937

Leave a comment:

• SubDude
    replied
    Originally posted by SubHuman

You have no idea....

Took a few minutes and finally nailed down the Hunley rudder linkage. The actual actuation takes place via a traditional push/pull linkage, but the swivel linkage is there for aesthetics. Works well on the bench and I'm getting about 30 degrees of throw. Not sure that I like the 3D printed rudder supports, but they're holding up so far.

Name:	20201027_142111.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	144785

Delphin first pull came out of the molds. Here is Jason cleaning up the molds getting ready to lay up the second half today:

Name:	20201027_142132.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	144787

Got in a beautiful 72nd scale HMK Permit with SubDriver. Jason spend the afternoon refitting the cylinder (under my direction). The motor/spur gear alignment was out of whack, causing the shaft to slip. We adjusted that, modified the servo throws, installed a new remote switch, and she's good to go. Should be trimming today or tomorrow.

This boat will be available for sale by this weekend after I get the pics/video made for her!

Name:	20201027_142117.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	144786

The MKIII SubDriver is nearly ready for installation in Hunley. Two more 3D printed parts to install and we are on to testing for leaks and fitment into the hull! Lots more detail on this new version to come soon, including a dedicated video. DiveTribe members get an exclusive preview this Sunday at 2pm! Not a member? Why the hell not!?

Name:	20201027_142122.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	144788

And one final pic of the horse/dog that has moved into the shop next to me. He's a BEAST (but a friendly one!)!!

Name:	20201027_142315.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	144789
    Looking good Bob. Where's the cort nozzle (ring) for your Hunley propeller? That should help support the rudder brackets.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by RCJetDude
    That is a lot going on. Wow!
    You have no idea....

Took a few minutes and finally nailed down the Hunley rudder linkage. The actual actuation takes place via a traditional push/pull linkage, but the swivel linkage is there for aesthetics. Works well on the bench and I'm getting about 30 degrees of throw. Not sure that I like the 3D printed rudder supports, but they're holding up so far.

Name:	20201027_142111.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	144785

Delphin first pull came out of the molds. Here is Jason cleaning up the molds getting ready to lay up the second half today:

Name:	20201027_142132.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	144787

Got in a beautiful 72nd scale HMK Permit with SubDriver. Jason spend the afternoon refitting the cylinder (under my direction). The motor/spur gear alignment was out of whack, causing the shaft to slip. We adjusted that, modified the servo throws, installed a new remote switch, and she's good to go. Should be trimming today or tomorrow.

This boat will be available for sale by this weekend after I get the pics/video made for her!

Name:	20201027_142117.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	144786

The MKIII SubDriver is nearly ready for installation in Hunley. Two more 3D printed parts to install and we are on to testing for leaks and fitment into the hull! Lots more detail on this new version to come soon, including a dedicated video. DiveTribe members get an exclusive preview this Sunday at 2pm! Not a member? Why the hell not!?

Name:	20201027_142122.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	144788

And one final pic of the horse/dog that has moved into the shop next to me. He's a BEAST (but a friendly one!)!!

Name:	20201027_142315.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	144789

Leave a comment:

Working...