Nautilus Drydocks - Yesterday's work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinksalot
    replied
    Yes Resin printers can print boat and Sub hulls. Please note you need a mid and large 3D resin printer to do it right. A few people on ebay are selling whole RC subs printed in Resin. It looks like someone in China bought a Engel 212A Model Submarine from Germnay and had it shipped to China and when they got it, they laser scanned it and scanned it other ways to make a Printable model and printed it in resin to sell. Here is one of the sellers:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-212-1-...t/254462120286
    Last edited by Sinksalot; 07-31-2020, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• coryhenry
    replied
    Bob sorry posted too quickly, yes resin printers.

Leave a comment:

• coryhenry
    replied
    Bob, not necessarily. Just wondering what PLA printer you are using and having success. If you are using epoxy that would be interesting as well but I think it might be too brittle.

Leave a comment:

• Sinksalot
    replied
    Originally posted by coryhenry
    Bob, I Don't know if you have addressed this elsewhere. What printer do you use and what material? Has anyone used a epoxy printer for sub hulls?
    Are you talking about Resin 3D printers?

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Originally posted by coryhenry
    Has anyone used a epoxy printer for sub hulls?
    Not seen such an animal.

Leave a comment:

• coryhenry
    replied
    Bob, I Don't know if you have addressed this elsewhere. What printer do you use and what material? Has anyone used a epoxy printer for sub hulls?

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Thanks Bob. Anyone know how many missile hatches are operable?

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    I just received the files late last night. I'm going to assemble them in CAD over the next day or so and begin the (long) process of printing the prototype. I anticipate that this will likely take around a week to complete. She's a big boat!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Originally posted by RanSan
    I can tell you with a considerable amount of certainty the files will be 47.799” length and a beam of 6.417” beam. From keel to top of sail will be 7.175”, the props will be shrouded and it will fit a 3.75” cylinder.
    Thank You Very Much for the confirmation. Any pictures of an assembled typhoon of that spec.?

Leave a comment:

• RanSan
    replied
    I can tell you with a considerable amount of certainty the files will be 47.799” length and a beam of 6.417” beam. From keel to top of sail will be 7.175”, the props will be shrouded and it will fit a 3.75” cylinder.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    A general question about the Typhoon Files. Just thinking ahead, if they are set to 1/144 scale, by my math, would that work out to 47.8" Long x 6.29" Beam ?

Can anyone confirm that?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    Forgot to ask you, will your Typhoon have the shrouded props?
    Looking forward to this file sale.

Leave a comment:

• george
    replied
    ah boy!!!!! The hook is getting set deeper.

Can you share with us the release date of the file?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Maaaaaybeeee.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Typhoon_Missile_Hatch v1.png
Views:	318
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	141939

Leave a comment:

• Peter W
    replied
    Originally posted by george
    Hi Bob
    Will the Typhoon file have the option of a few missile hatches to be opened or closed for missile launches?
    I think that's where the model engineering, a Dremel and some files comes in ?

Peter

Leave a comment:

Working...