Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219

she would have stuck you in the oven and put the burners on full til there was nothing left but ashes then flushed you down the toilet.
    Indeed......
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SubDude
              Captain
              • Dec 2019

I love how you save your paint mask templates. What a time saver if you make another model like it in the future.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCJetDude
                I love how you save your paint mask templates. What a time saver if you make another model like it in the future.
                The future?

I still find myself working to the old professional model making protocols. I still waste time on production tooling that will never be used more than one time -- stuff that will wind up in a local land-fill once I assume room-temperature, as no one who survives me will have neither the skill set or desire to make use of the fixtures, jigs, templates, stencils, masks, tools, authored articles, and documentation Ellie and I created and collected over the decades.

I still make tools where repeated parts are not required; making stencils where a one-off mask will suffice; championing 'old school' methodologies few today understand or care about; and I still update my research files for 'future project' I'll never get to. Old habits die hard.

(When the EMT's drag my ass out of here they'll need a crowbar to get the 'day-planner' out of my hand -- hope springs eternal!).
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Feb 2019

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

The future?

I still find myself working to the old professional model making protocols. I still waste time on production tooling that will never be used more than one time -- stuff that will wind up in a local land-fill once I assume room-temperature, as no one who survives me will have neither the skill set or desire to make use of the fixtures, jigs, templates, stencils, masks, tools, authored articles, and documentation Ellie and I created and collected over the decades.

I still make tools where repeated parts are not required; making stencils where a one-off mask will suffice; championing 'old school' methodologies few today understand or care about; and I still update my research files for 'future project' I'll never get to. Old habits die hard.

(When the EMT's drag my ass out of here they'll need a crowbar to get the 'day-planner' out of my hand -- hope springs eternal!).
                  David,

Reading the above commentary really makes me sad, it has also made me think about life and what getting old really means! Golden years! I totally understand it's what you make it!

Rob
                  "Firemen can stand the heat"

Last edited by rwtdiver; 05-09-2022, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Subculture
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver

David,

Reading the above commentary really makes me sad, it has also made me think about life and what getting old really means! Golden years! Quite far from the truth for some of us!

Rob

And there I was, *****ing about world changes around me, as I ignored the most vital and wonderful circumstances of my existence:

I was born to those two successful people; I was gifted every opportunity life could offer; I exist in this time and place with all the wonders and advantages available to me; I have lived my life under the wing of the best, most just, country on this planet; and I had the very good fortune of hooking up with the most wonderful gal I will ever know -- a relationship that made me so much better than I otherwise would have been.

Looking back, I'm one lucky guy. It's been a hell of a lot of fun. Indeed, I won life's lottery.

Now, to make the best of the time left; to stop nit-picking the little things beyond my control. It's time to knuckle down and address my bucket-list.

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
                        Admiral
                        • Dec 2008

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• Davidh
                          Captain
                          • Nov 2010

David,

Heck, I’d love to get hold of some of your molds.

David H

Comment

• James Wittaker
                            Lieutenant
                            • Oct 2021

And there I was, *****ing about world changes around me, as I ignored the most vital and wonderful circumstances of my existence:

I was born to those two successful people; I was gifted every opportunity life could offer; I exist in this time and place with all the wonders and advantages available to me; I have lived my life under the wing of the best, most just, country on this planet; and I had the very good fortune of hooking up with the most wonderful gal I will ever know -- a relationship that made me so much better than I otherwise would have been.

Looking back, I'm one lucky guy. It's been a hell of a lot of fun. Indeed, I won life's lottery.

Now, to make the best of the time left; to stop nit-picking the little things beyond my control. It's time to knuckle down and address my bucket-list.

David
                            Hats off to you sir, reading your comments I have a kind of inexplicable sadness. But as long as we keep a young heart, sir, the most important thing in life is to be happy, happy yourself! Quality of life can not determine a person, think about it, your old friends accompany you to play RC models, in the forum there are new things happening every day, this is enough. A person is optimistic or pessimistic just the way he sees things differently.

Comment

• Das Boot
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Dec 2019

When I was a young guy on Amateur Radio, we used to make fun of the old guys on 40 meters HF. All they would do is talk about their ailments and the old days. Now I’m them. Time is karma.
                              Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• rwtdiver
                                Vice Admiral
                                • Feb 2019

David
                                David,

Well said Sir!

I to have a wonderful mate, friend, and encourager in my life! I am blessed! "Let's get back to building"

Rob

Comment

Working...