Captain
    • Sep 2012

OH yeah!!

LiPos kick butt!!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Thanks Kevin. The Albacore is the only holdout. With the Seaview, light weight was important to get as much freeboard as possible. Originally I used a 6 cell NIMH in the wet, slid into a compartment in the nose. Then I went to a Battery WTC. Then the 3 cell LIPO, in the WTC. The WTC with the 3 cell LIPO in it would actually float in the water by itself. With the NIMH, it would sink like a rock. That did it for me.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

I wasnt satisfied with the last pictures that I put up because I couldnt figure out how to get the flash to work on my new camera. There.....thats better. Ive got to tell you about this new camera.......soon. Sorry about the dust.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 337.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	90172Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 339.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	90173Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 341.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	90174Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 347.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	90177

Comment

• crazygary
          Captain
          • Sep 2012

"Nasty" looking sub!! I'm sure she commanded plenty of respect from any combatants!!!
          Very sleek, and with that prop arrangement, pretty danged fast, too!!

crazygary

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

I once examined the face of Mark's transmitter, the throttle stick had interesting notations.

From neutral up (the ahead side): Ahead-Slow, Ahead, Ahead-Flank, Flank, Puree!

From neutral down (the astern side): Back-Slow, Back-Full, Back-Emergency, All-Back-Mother ****er!!!!

Honestly.

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

HA! Funny guy

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

And another thing! The Subtek Albcore is made of a very thin plastic. The Revell/Moebius Skipjack is much heavier. At any rate, if I run this sub into something hard, the possibilitys are very real that I could lose it. Because, if the upper hull comes lose and comes off then all the foam that helps this thing float will be gone with it and it will never come up. The only thing holding the top on is that little screw(4-40) and the forward lip. Therefore I did this:Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 379.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	90180Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 376.jpg
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	90181Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 375.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	90182Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 378.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	90183

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

I used a long 6-32 screw and a blind nut to hold it together right behind the Subdriver. To feed the screw and guide it to the blind nut I used a length of alluminum square tube that I opened the end up with a mandrel like a funnel. No fishing around, it goes right in. NO FEAR NOW!

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

I fully intend to build one of the Phase 1 Albacores that Dave is working on marketing for us. Next question is, can I obtain a sail for the phase 4 and retrofit it on this boat? That way Ill have a working sail rudder to "mix" with the radio rudder control as well as manually. If so Ill document the results here.

Comment

• Slats
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
                      I fully intend to build one of the Phase 1 Albacores that Dave is working on marketing for us. Next question is, can I obtain a sail for the phase 4 and retrofit it on this boat? That way Ill have a working sail rudder to "mix" with the radio rudder control as well as manually. If so Ill document the results here.
                      I have just given my ABS kit away (for beer money) at the Australian Sub Regatta. I'll be decking out my 3" SD soon in preparation for the GRP hull kit.
                      Get on with David.

J
                      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                        • Aug 2008

No pressure. Huh, John?!.....
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
                          Vice Admiral
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                          No pressure. Huh, John?!.....
                          To quote Marko Ramius: "When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his men were well motivated."

I have the excellent GRP parts I purchased from you and the SD so I'll just be needing the upper and lower hull, WTC saddles for a 3" SD, indexing lips.

Don't feel pressure David - look at it as opportunity. Its going to be freakin awesome.
                          John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• greenman407
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

Hey! Wheres mine?

Comment

• Slats
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
                              Hey! Wheres mine?
                              Indeed....you're going to be on a big winner here David. Build buddy build.
                              John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• greenman407
                                Admiral
                                • Feb 2009

I have been able to locate some super motors that I want to try. They are 550 ,12 volt motors that are supposed to have 70 inch pounds stall torque. WOW! They have a 1/8" shaft , but its only .3 inches long. Out of the question for the older 3.5" motor bulkhead, with external gerboxes. But I think it will work for Daves newer style 3.5" motor bulkhead with internal Gearboxes. Some green sleeve retainer will hold the small drive gears on those short shafts, Im sure. Ill order them tomorrow and when they get here Ill test them. If I like them, Ill order more.

Comment

Working...