X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biggsgolf
    Captain
    • Jan 2020

Bronco 1:35 Type XXIII RC Build/ Conversion

Kit arrived undamaged, not sure if I will document full build on here as there are many already available. Here is the initial dry fit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1553.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	174786
  • biggsgolf
    Captain
    • Jan 2020

This will be my largest build yet. I will be purchasing the 250 Series Cylinder from Bob & Jason.
    Check out the Assembly Video for this cylinder on my YouTube Channel. NOTE: Effective August 1st, 2023, these cylinders will no longer be produced in house here at the Drydocks. Manufacturing will be undertaken by Jason Butterfield as one of our trusted vendor partners. While you can still make your purchase through the Drydocks here, Jason is responsible for manufacturing, quality control and shipping. Any and all questions pertaining to these products can be directed to him at :Email: ngencylinders@gmail.comPhone or text: 239-887-5380As we go through this time of transition for manufacturing, cylinders will continue to be available for ordering, however, production will not begin until the new manufacturing facility comes online November 1st. Please be patient as order backlog is worked through in the order that purchases are completed. Delivery times may exceed the standard 4 to 6 weeks until the order backlog is addressed. The 250 Series SubDriver has been designed by the Nautilus Drydocks to incorporate maximum flexibility and ease of assembly, maintenance and upgrade. It is the smaller version of the 300 Series unit, and measures 2.5" in outside diameter, perfect for any boat with a beam larger than 3.5".250 Series SubDriver V2 Features: 2.5" diameter electronics and battery compartments High strength plastic tubing High strength bulkheads Gas backup sub-system Low friction cup-style linkage seals with easy maintenance and replacement Metal gear servos for maximum torque and throw Two forward and two aft linkage outputs (rudder, rear planes, forward planes, spare) Single high-torque brushless motor power Optional dual shaft gearbox High capacity air pump Air ballast means the FULL capacity of the ballast tank is utilized, unlike pressure ballast systems Compartment lengths can easily be re-sized to suit nearly any boat of adequate beam NOTE: These units are built to order. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for shipping. These cylinders ship fully assembled and tested for linkage and motor actuation as well as cylinder watertight integrity. Each one is certified prior to shipping. Some final installation of components such as radio gear, pitch controller, failsafe, remote switches, etc will be required on behalf of the builder. Cylinder Length: 16.5" plus ballast tank length (IE: a cylinder with an 8" tank would measure approximately 26" OAL) Cylinder Package includes: Forward Battery bulkhead with seals and servos installed and tested Battery Equipment Tray Rear Battery bulkhead Pump Bulkhead with air pump, pump controller, ballast servo, vent linkage and seals installed and tested Motor Bulkhead with seals, servos, motor, ESC installed and tested Optional dual shaft gearbox 4 sets of magnetic linkage connectors Main power cable 4 sets of servo extensions 2 sets of power distribution clips Power connector for battery connection 15A fuse and fuse holder 2 easy solder heat shrink tubes 2 wire clips for cable organization Spare seals for tubes and linkage seals BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit) for receiver Optional Accessories available from the electronics section of our store: Heavy Duty remote on/off switch AD2 pitch controller BLM failsafe All Nautilus Drydocks cylinders come certified for operation of all linkages and motors and for watertight integrity.

The cut will be horizontal following David Merriman​'s methods as best I can....

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Enough chit-chat... GET TO IT!
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• biggsgolf
        Captain
        • Jan 2020

Hahaha, yes sir!

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by biggsgolf
          Kit arrived undamaged, not sure if I will document full build on here as there are many already available. Here is the initial dry fit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1553.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	174786
          Please do a build. Even if there are 1000 already, you will add your own flair or seasoning. It helps the hobby as a whole.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• redboat219
            Admiral
            • Dec 2008

Were you able to procure David's fittings kit or fabricating your own?
            Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• biggsgolf
              Captain
              • Jan 2020

I will be fabricating some via 3D printer and have ordered some from Danny at Maximus

Comment

• biggsgolf
                Captain
                • Jan 2020

Doing initial waterline and cutting board leveling and marking for tie downs per David. Waiting on Diamond cutting wheels I have ordered . I will cut away model inside supports, play with mounting torpedos with partially open doors in the meantime

Comment

• Das Boot
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Dec 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5245.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	174804
                  Doing initial waterline and cutting board leveling and marking for tie downs per David. Waiting on Diamond cutting wheels I have ordered . I will cut away model inside supports, play with mounting torpedos with partially open doors in the meantime
                  As soon as my yearly ham radio camping expedition is over next weekend, I’ll be joining you in this endeavor. I have one new in the box. Let me know when the parts come in. I already got a prop and shaft from Bob.
                  Last edited by Das Boot; 10-11-2023, 03:30 PM.
                  Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• biggsgolf
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2020

OK, Skoden!

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

I do have a build on my XXIII:
                      We hold regular competitions for anyone to participate, be they newcomers to the hobby or seasoned veterans.

​Maybe it will help.
                      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• biggsgolf
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2020

Originally posted by trout
                        I do have a build on my XXIII:
                        We hold regular competitions for anyone to participate, be they newcomers to the hobby or seasoned veterans.

​Maybe it will help.
                        And a great build! I will be referencing it! Thanks!

Comment

• redboat219
                          Admiral
                          • Dec 2008

I will be fabricating some via 3D printer
                          Can you share the files?

Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• biggsgolf
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2020

Gosh, I had not gotten that far in my thinking, need to determine what I will be fabricating. The parts from Danny are not going to be duplicated, but he might sell to others as he did for me.

Comment

• biggsgolf
                              Captain
                              • Jan 2020

Originally posted by redboat219

Can you share the files?
                              Which parts are you looking for?

Comment

Working...