Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardRock
    Vice Admiral
    • Mar 2013

Jörg, this looks a little better. Still sanding out the bumbs but the basic shape seems pretty close.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1844.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	130139

Name:	IMG_1846.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	130140

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

What's the hub diameter on those wheels?

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
        Vice Admiral
        • Mar 2013

25mm with six blades.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
          25mm with six blades.
          You sure? That sounds like propeller diameter, tip-to-tip. I assume that's 25mm. But the hub, that the six blades attach to. I need that diameter, Scott.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tirfing
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Jan 2017

Hello Scott. I would also like to pay my respect to your work. Very nice indeed! Myself I am suffering from the Scandinavian version of your Mega Death Flu. In my case induced by my colleges kids (kindergarten import). This has been on and off for Three weeks now.

If I may say anything in rorrection to something I would like to point out the flat deck section abaft the sail. It should eventually be narrowing closer to the stern. This is probably something you have already considered. Again marvellous work. Thank you! / Fredrik

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

You sure? That sounds like propeller diameter, tip-to-tip. I assume that's 25mm. But the hub, that the six blades attach to. I need that diameter, Scott.

David
              Duhhhh.... I really shouldn't be reading emails at 0200 in the morning. Hub diameter is 6mm. Sorry for the confusion (on my part).

Comment

• HardRock
                Vice Admiral
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Tirfing
                Hello Scott. I would also like to pay my respect to your work. Very nice indeed! Myself I am suffering from the Scandinavian version of your Mega Death Flu. In my case induced by my colleges kids (kindergarten import). This has been on and off for Three weeks now.

If I may say anything in rorrection to something I would like to point out the flat deck section abaft the sail. It should eventually be narrowing closer to the stern. This is probably something you have already considered. Again marvellous work. Thank you! / Fredrik
                You have my sincere sympathies Fredrik. Even as we speak, the walking germ factory that is my grand daughter is brewing up new and interesting killer germs to unleash upon us. That flat section does taper a few milles on each side as it heads aft to the emergency marker buoy. I made the end of the flat the same diameter as the buoy as a starting point. My problem is that I don't have any accurate plans apart from a small section showing the rear planes and fin. Other than that I'm going off a pretty rough diagram and photographs. If you have anything of that rear area it would be appreciated.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock

Duhhhh.... I really shouldn't be reading emails at 0200 in the morning. Hub diameter is 6mm. Sorry for the confusion (on my part).
                  No sweat, pal. Check twice, cut once, as they say. So, 25mm diameter, 6mm hub. Gotcha!

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tirfing
                    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                    • Jan 2017

Let me make an atttempt, knowing that you and Jörg might already be well supported with good material. Click image for larger version

Name:	img0992.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	130172

Comment

• Tirfing
                      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                      • Jan 2017

Another. Note however that this is the 645, (half sister). Click image for larger version

Name:	project_645GMT_1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	130174

Comment

• Tirfing
                        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                        • Jan 2017

And a third. Click image for larger version

Name:	t370.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	130176
                        This seem to be the inspiration to the boxart for Zwezda model in 1/350

Comment

• Tirfing
                          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                          • Jan 2017

Need to go to work now. I have also Pictures of the bow. All Pictures are from my now dead college and modelling mat, (RIP). Enyoy your day….(or night).

Comment

• HardRock
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Mar 2013

Thanks Fredrik. Great photographs and definitely well worth the digging. This gives me a much better idea of how the rear deck should look. I'm also feeling a lot better about that fat tail.

I'm getting into a bit of refinement now so I have to make sure that everything lines up and all those lines are true. This is a little adjuster made from a bit of left over renshape. It has a vertical pin that locks into the submarine centre line datum. The cradle is square and flat so once the sub in locked in and centered, everything is in alignment. A quick check with a level every so often is all thats needed to keep everything straight. (That's the theory in any case).

Name:	IMG_1848.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	130179

Name:	IMG_1849.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	542.9 KB
ID:	130180

Comment

• JHapprich
                              Captain
                              • Oct 2017

really like the bow now. cannot see if you already added the flat deck upon it. i would mark the bow plane recess first and then model the deck as the recess follows the same courve. by the way, anyone knows if these flaps were left open when the bowplanes were extendend? i know there is a half-hole on the upper and lower flap that should let the shaft pass through when the planes are out, but i have only seen pictures with bow planes extendend and open flaps. Tirfing, the 2nd pic shows a 627 i believe. 645 would show a triangular-shaped bow and the sail would be much longer. enough klugscheißing for now ;-)

Comment

• Tirfing
                                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                                • Jan 2017

Name:	627a-dykplan utfällda-190219.png
Views:	84
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	130202 Concerning the forward diving planes and your question Jörg. I have one Picture. Perhaps you have the same. It might show the operation of extending hte diving planes Before completion but here we can see the upper flaps (as you called them). /Fredrik

Comment

Working...