Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deepseadiver
    replied
    Originally posted by SubHuman
    Someone told me last week that Engel isn't making these kits anymore. Did you hear anything on that front when you placed your order? How long for it to get fulfilled?
    Hi bob M. I think this is you if im correct, we talk now and then im oceanchaser the one that's always emailing you asking questions about the typhoon. I finally got my thread started I hope others will notice me say hello. I will be placing a lot of detail In this sub this is only the beginning. What I was told you can get parts but the model typhoon mold is not being made at this time I don't know if this a permanent thing or not. They have been making it for 20 years now. I have talked to the management there a couple of times . I will keep you up dated when I find out more . for some reason I have called them no answer there web site is down very strange indeed. The normal turn around time was 3 weeks!

I hope everyone enjoys the build. I like ideas from everyone, and input also so please talk away!

. By the way bob your new office building looks awesome being its right across from your home you sure cant beat that. Congrats on your new shop. Feel free talk any time. I'm very friendly Jim A
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 11-14-2018, 02:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    Someone told me last week that Engel isn't making these kits anymore. Did you hear anything on that front when you placed your order? How long for it to get fulfilled?

Leave a comment:

• deepseadiver
    replied
    I drilled out holes first then all by hand I filed them square like they should be.
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 11-13-2018, 04:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deepseadiver
    replied
    just started on cutting out my flood ports, and the openings for the dive planes. Here is what I have done so far still have more to cut out very time consuming but that's the part I like about the build.
    Last edited by deepseadiver; 11-13-2018, 04:12 AM. Reason: spell check

Leave a comment:

• deepseadiver
    started a topic jims Tyhpoon TK-208 build

jims Tyhpoon TK-208 build

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9170.jpg Views:	1 Size:	302.5 KB ID:	128450 first pictures getting my sub delivered from Engel Germany
Working...