1/96 Albacore (after Phase III coversion 1961)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trout
    replied
    You must be an aft person.

Leave a comment:

• RCSubGuy
    replied
    That... is a sexy boat!

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    That looks wonderful. I'm amazed at how small that ballast tank is.
    I estimated the displacement of the above waterline portions of the models structure by weighing them. As GRP and resin have about the same density as fresh water, this is a reasonable means of working out the volume of the ballast tank. I then do a little geometry to determine the length of the cylindrical ballast tank -- plugging in a 10-15 percent slop factor -- and I have the ballast tank. Or, so I hope. That's why I have not sent your and Bart's SD's off yet. Won't do that till I verify that the SD I've made for my ALBACORE does the job. Once that's affirmed, I slap together your SD's and we're all square. Should have that in-water test/validation in by this time tomorrow.

David

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    That looks wonderful. I'm amazed at how small that ballast tank is.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Taking a break from the 1/96 SWM KILO work till some fresh resin and rubber come in.

So, I broke out the 1/96 ALBACORE project and dialed in the angle-keepers (one for roll and one for pitch); shortened the cylinder a few inches; got the X-tail mixer dialed in; and indexed the SD to the hull with an … drum roll … indexing pin.

David

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Rocket? I think its a going to be an underwater missile. As for kissing you ass - I've never really been attracted to sailors but I'm willing to learn!
    Dam*it Scott......

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Rocket? I think its a going to be an underwater missile. As for kissing you ass - I've never really been attracted to sailors but I'm willing to learn!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Subculture
    Should have yourself a skipjack beater on the fun quotient.
    Right you are, Andy. This thing should be a rocket! Net zero torque from the propulsor, and add in the active dorsal 'roll' rudder, and there will be no need to throttle back on this beast because of torque and foil induced rolling.

David

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Should have yourself a skipjack beater on the fun quotient.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by bwi 971
    You're not helping to stop the drooling by posting these pictures sir.......vicky had to bust out the paper towels to deal with it.
    Permit me to slip out of character long enough to express to you, Scott, Tom and the other Talents that haunt this mad-house how much your kind words mean to me. Peer approval is everything in my world.

OK. Back in character...

… .... You all can kiss my ass! Get off the damned keyboard and back into the shop!

David

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    You're not helping to stop the drooling by posting these pictures sir.......vicky had to bust out the paper towels to deal with it.

Leave a comment:

replied

David

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    I'm drooling all over the place.......I received the hulls Scott.......wow what a difference mate.......those are looking stunning....wel done and hip hip hooray to the gelcoat.

You guys are going full ahead....can't even keep up reading all this stuff.

Grtz,
    Bart

Leave a comment:

replied
    I am constantly amazed at your ability to make something out of nothing. Looking at those props simpley confirms that although I know HOW to do it, I could never actually make it happen. I'll get a bunch of hulls off to you next week.
    Yeah, yeah. I'm wonderful.

Give me the address of your friends/victims, I'll add in the fittings and get the kits off to them. How many fittings kits can I send you, pal?

David

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    I am constantly amazed at your ability to make something out of nothing. Looking at those props simpley confirms that although I know HOW to do it, I could never actually make it happen. I'll get a bunch of hulls off to you next week.

Leave a comment:

Working...