Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

OMG!!!!! The Kobiashi Maru finally arrived! The little Sampan showed up and dropped off these thruster motors that I have been awaiting for what seems to be an ETERNITY!!! How do they expect you to leave good feedback. I ordered these so long ago that I forgot that I had ordered them in the first place(rambling on blah blah and blah) If youll notice in the picture, the first ones I ordered a couple of years ago is shown on the left. The new ones is of course on the right. Ill be testing them today to make sure.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	117033
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Surprise.....surprise......Im not surprised at all! Comparing the smaller pond pump with the new larger one, I see absolutely No performance difference, yet the makers claim a tremendous increase in volume. Sorry, its all exaggerated anyway. So I decided to put the older model in the boat because they are smaller. Ive got half a mind to send the new ones back, but I think its probably more trouble than its worth. At anyrate, I determined the location of the non-scale thruster nozzles and drilled and installed the 1/4" diameter brass tube nipples near the four corners of the submarine at least a half inch below the waterline...Then I siliconed the four pumps in place after drilling holes in the bulkheads for the output hoses and the input wires. Its a start. Click image for larger version

Name:	012.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	561.6 KB
ID:	117056Click image for larger version

Name:	013.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	117057Click image for larger version

Name:	014.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	559.1 KB
ID:	117058Click image for larger version

Name:	015.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	117059

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Additional pictures
        Click image for larger version

Name:	020.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	117061Click image for larger version

Name:	022.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	117062Click image for larger version

Name:	023.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	117063

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

I just love your Oscar Mark, but I have an almost irrestible urge to sneek over there and WEATHER it in the night when you are not looking!!!!

Comment

• Davidh
            Captain
            • Nov 2010

Mark,

Trust me, You want to say yes to this, heck if Scott wants to sneak over and weather my boats I ain't going to say no, he is "Da Meister".....

david h

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

You guys and your dripping bird poop and barnicles and rust!!! Ill go this far........if you fly all the way to Zephyrhills, Florida U.S.A., to my house, from Austrailia..........well then I guess ill get out my airbrush and compressor and let you have your way with it. As it is I know that I WILL mess it up if I try. Thats why I go as far as flat finish and let it go. After all, on real life subs, its shiny on the day of launching, its flat on the second day! So therefore the paint IS true to scale........sort of
              Last edited by greenman407; 10-25-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...