Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

An undignified showing, but a showing nonetheless.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSwRQ...ature=youtu.be All these Youtube videos will be swapped out one at a time with a Vimeo version , as time permits.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Here she is slowly turning around, more or less in place.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SVsm...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Today , I checked out the four pumps that I recently got for good operation. Since I am satisfied with the results, Im ready to go to the next step. Initially I was just going to use an electronic switch to turn them off and on. Then I thought,..........what if? What if I used a speed controller for each one of the pumps, that way I could throttle the pump and better control the force of the flow. This could get expensive in a hurry. My goal is to have good , useful capability's without funding the entire Chinese Nation in the process. Caswell has some Nano speed controllers for $29.00 each, I would need four of those. Then Ill need two electronic switches that will energize two pumps using the same channel. My research continues as I pull it all together.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Its coming together. Everything that Ill need ,that I dont already have is on the way. Stay Tuned.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

1 of the four speed controllers is back ordered from....you know where......CHINA!!!
            In the meantime, please enjoy this musical interlude........da da dee da da da. Let me just throw in a couple of pictures so that this post wont be a total waste.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 881.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	91339Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuji transfer 883.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	91340

Comment

• Albion
              Captain
              • Dec 2008

Great angle for a shot.

Is the Mazda lm in the back ground the static Tamiya? Nice car. I was there! Lead Mercedes came into the pits and wouldn't restart, while the little Mazda kept going round and round, great race.
              Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Actually, thats a Tamiya RC car kit. I built that kit, way back in 1994, I believe. I took out the stock motor and put in a screemer. A 14 turn quad. I power it with a 6 cell NIMH. Its too fast already, no need to go further with a LIPO. Back then , all that was available were 1500 mah battery packs. Then in 1997, I saw my first 2000 mah battery. I thought WOW! Anyway as battery capacity grew so did run times. I bought a 5000 Mah NIMH 3 or 4 years ago and was disappointed with its performance. I think 5000 mah , perhaps was stretching the technology.
                Last edited by greenman407; 05-07-2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Well, I have everything for this thruster project. I just have to get it back on the schedule. I picked up another job. I decided to expand on my Resume' and enter a new field(sortof). Im training to be a Nuclear Density Test Technician. I have to be certified by Florida DOT. So, Im going to classes and taking tests to gain the certifications. Then Im going to start radiographing welds at various projects, as a welding inspector. That will be a few classes and certifications there as well. Using my 31 yrs of welding experience got me the job. At any rate, Ill have to slow down a little bit on these sub and boat projects. However...........the fire is still burning.

Comment

• reddevil
                    Commander
                    • Jun 2009

Good luck and all the best for this new period.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      • Aug 2008

Go get 'em Mark. You're a good hand -- who ever secures your services will do well for themselves.

M
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

Take a look at this. From the work shops of Kevin Mcleod comes this Throttle Jockey. If you have two props with differential steering, this little jewel mixes the rudders and the props. I was doing that manually, but this adds a whole new dimension to steering your boat. It looks like a ADF-2. I think Ill get one for the Seaview as well. Another good thing is that if you are running out of channels on your receiver, this thing will free up a channel for you if you were using one for port and one for starboard. It puts both on one channel. Pretty Cool ifin ya ask me.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	98756

Comment

• Albion
                          Captain
                          • Dec 2008

are you running two ESC's with that?
                          Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• KevinMc
                            Commander
                            • Feb 2009

That's the idea - TJ gives you the control and independence of individual throttle controls, but takes care of the "management" of two ESCs so driving it from the transmitter is easy.
                            Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
                            KMc Designs

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Just a mini update. Since my plan is to have four working thrusters in addition to the five other channels that I need for operation.........I will need two radios to control it. I have been Eyeing this radio tray that I will modify to hold two radios. That way all the controls will be at my finger tips.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-Transm...9:g:5CQAAOSwt7

Comment

• greenman407
                                Admiral
                                • Feb 2009

This "Tarot" radio tray is Awesome. Not pictured in the link is some palm rests to go with it as well as a shoulder strap piece that holds the tray not from the center as is with all our radios but from the sides to give it a more rock solid feel. Feels real good wearing it.
                                Also....with my new Ebay purchased 8 ch. stick radio, I wont need two radios to control this thing anymore. I can do it from this one radio. Its all in the works.

Comment

Working...