X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407

HEY! That sounds promising
    That's the good news. Now, the bad news: he told me who I have to kill .... Mark!

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

whew, dodged that bullet. Sorry Mark it was nice knowing you.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• HardRock
        Vice Admiral
        • Mar 2013

Well, it makes sense. Kill off the best talent first - that's you, Mark. Mind you, I can be bribed.

A frustrating day at the cave dealing with other ****. Hopefully I'll get it in the water tomorrow. Meanwhile I have been playing with the safety bouys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1157.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	120066

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

And the other one that didn't show up for some reason?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1156.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	120068

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

That's the good news. Now, the bad news: he told me who I have to kill .... Mark!

David
            You cant kill me, you don't even know where I live.............................OH Fiddlesticks, I gave him my address!!!!!
            IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407

You cant kill me, you don't even know where I live.............................OH Fiddlesticks, I gave him my address!!!!!
              (cue the Whaa, Whaa, Whaa horns)
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
                Vice Admiral
                • Mar 2013

Took the Romeo for a run today. For some reason the Motronics ESC overheated and cooked the bow plne servo - so no diving below periscope depth. Rather strange really. Anyway here it is.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Looks like you got it under anyway. You need to further vertically distance the c.g from the c.b. Roll stability is marginal. Neat running boat!

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Mar 2013

Yep. There's not much room in there for anything. I'm seriously considering ditching the SAS setup and just going with gas. It will give me a small amount of extra room at the top of the SD that I can pack with foam and will allow a similar weight of lead to be put into the keel.

Strange happening with the ESC however. The boat just stopped; the ballast blew and it heeled over; the bow planes stopped working and then the main drive came back. Weird. When I opened it the ESC was red hot. Not sure what happened.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
                      Yep. There's not much room in there for anything. I'm seriously considering ditching the SAS setup and just going with gas. It will give me a small amount of extra room at the top of the SD that I can pack with foam and will allow a similar weight of lead to be put into the keel.

Strange happening with the ESC however. The boat just stopped; the ballast blew and it heeled over; the bow planes stopped working and then the main drive came back. Weird. When I opened it the ESC was red hot. Not sure what happened.
                      Is that a 2" SD, if so I installed that ESC. Did one of the propulsion motors/shafts lock up? There was a big-time shorting issue with the Mtroniks Marine-10's a few years ago -- for some reason the entire H-bridge would short resulting in a near explosion. Got to know why your ESC overheated. More dope required.

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Mar 2013

There is a lot of debris in the dam at the moment. That said, both of the props are shrouded and should have been kept free of anything that might have jammed either one. The sub behaved very strangely when the bow servo gave up. When I pulled the SD it was warm and when I opened it I couldn't touch the ESC. I'll pull it all down today and replace the ESC and the bow plane servo.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                          Welcome to my underwater realm!
                          • Aug 2009

Beautiful Pond! I wish I had a something with that clarity nearby.

Comment

• 598602G
                            Captain
                            • Jan 2017

Mr Scott maybe it was the warp drive over heating mate

Comment

• HardRock
                              Vice Admiral
                              • Mar 2013

Cap'n; I've been shovelling plutonium up this thing's arse all afternoon. I tell ye. She'll no take the pressure!

Comment

• HardRock
                                Vice Admiral
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SubHuman
                                Beautiful Pond! I wish I had a something with that clarity nearby.
                                Its actually down about five feet. Its been extremely dry here this summer and I've been sucking water out of it like crazy to keep the orchard alive.

Comment

Working...