Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vital.spark
    Commander
    • May 2010

Very Nicely done. I'm impressed! In the future you should consider using a 2 part automotive paint which over has far superior abrasion resistance than model paint. I followed David's advice from the beginning and never looked back on this decision. Of course that your decision to make. I had some made up back in 2010 and am still able use it!

Comment

• rwtdiver
      Vice Admiral
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by mloo123
      To the paint shop today. Using Tamiya Hull Red and Flat Black.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG20220507141033.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	161543

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20220507_141413.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	161544

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20220507_141439.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.3 KB ID:	161545

Painting masts...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20220507215451.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	161550
      Secondly, I probably have addressed the main engine compartment leaks problem. As expected, the gland nut moved anitclockwise when the drive shaft is turning in same direction. Will apply some locktite and hoped no more leaking occurs doing further tests.
      miloo123,

That is one nice looking boat! Your flat finish and color scheme looks great! Well done in my opinion!

Rob
      "Firemen can stand the heat"

Comment

• mloo123
        Lieutenant
        • Apr 2022

Thanks for the comments guys!

Comment

• mloo123
          Lieutenant
          • Apr 2022

Saw this modular system in YouTube. Looks cool as you can have ballast situated for the right balance.

Comment

• SubDude
            Captain
            • Dec 2019

And I just got done rearranging the components in my Columbia to move the batteries central to the hull and closer to the motor so the water tight box went forward where the batteries were. Also upgraded the bow and stern thrusters so it is ready to be re-trimmed and then it will be good to go for the season.

Comment

• mloo123
              Lieutenant
              • Apr 2022

Very cool mate. Very nice piece of engineering!

Comment

• GolfDudeomatic
                Ensign
                • Jun 2022

Wow! What 3D printer did you use to create this? I am assuming you printed the hull?

Comment

• rwtdiver
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Feb 2019

Question?

When installing silicone tubing through the end cap of the WTC, what adhesive or sealer is the best to prevent leakage? Is Permatex a good sealant or is 100% clear silicone better?

Rob

Comment

• redboat219
                    Admiral
                    • Dec 2008

Brass tube through the endcap sealed with RTV siliccone. You then slip the silicone tube over the brass tube and lock it inplace using zipties.
                    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• rwtdiver
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by redboat219
                      Brass tube through the endcap sealed with RTV siliccone. You then slip the silicone tube over the brass tube and lock it inplace using zipties.
                      Thanks for the input, Romel!

I just scanned through several of David M. "Todays Work" blog, and I saw pages and pages of him using "Loctite Clear Silicone" I also recall on one of our Dive Tribe get togethers, he said 100% silicone was the best!

Rob

Comment

Working...