I spy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Von Hilde
    replied
    I have little Jobberdoos all over my motorsikle, had em for years too. Most everybody got one or two. At least in S.E Pa/Northern Md, I believe thats where I heard about them. The name changes the further south you go. Heres a coupleClick image for larger version

Name:	Archerfish311Balao285.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	75930Operation Pettycoat, Key West1960
    Last edited by Von Hilde; 01-20-2013, 05:18 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    Yall fokes dunn right swell, Bubbas! Now immagine putting those words thru a code enegma that scrambles letters and in hi speed Morse, and sending the message to the command. If the opposition G2 can decypher that message, they still wont figgure out what was said.

    Leave a comment:


  • Albion
    replied
    My friend refers to all parts as "doofers' or "jabooliators" (Ph Jah Boo Lee A tor), an fixing something is known as doing a jobber (jobber can also be a noun sometimes!)

    An example would be, "i was trying to do a jobber on my car as the doofer needed fixing but i couldn't get to the jabooliator to unscrew it. its a complete mare".

    Anyway back to jobbing my M1, the jobooliator still needs rubbing down, Ive got some low points so probably need to put on some more doofer.
    Last edited by Albion; 01-19-2013, 07:52 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    Down in thar sout weuns sa , Yal gona eatyet? Youontoo? Geetonoudahere! ana stuf liken that thar!

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Von Hilde
    a method of crypology when you use phonetic spelling with coloquial phrases. Much like using the Navajo RTs in the Pacific theater{windtalkers) or the Nisi Americans in europe in WWII, or regular GIs using Pig Latin to converse over the radio. Confuses the hell out of the evesdroppers, and only the other guy your talking to knows what you actually said
    AH! We d'ave Wilshure wur I kumz vrum. Bain't many thiik kin zpeek it theez daiz. Twur zpoke a lot win I wur a kidd, an it 'ad lotzu Geermin in 'er too. Bissent an worzel, dumbledors and vliddermous, an they thar zortza wurdz. Mi missuz d'unnezan it thou.
    Last edited by Kazzer; 01-19-2013, 08:20 PM. Reason: cant spell vliddermous

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    a method of crypology when you use phonetic spelling with coloquial phrases. Much like using the Navajo RTs in the Pacific theater{windtalkers) or the Nisi Americans in europe in WWII, or regular GIs using Pig Latin to converse over the radio. Confuses the hell out of the evesdroppers, and only the other guy your talking to knows what you actually said

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    A cross between American slang and southern drawl, I take it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    so deska, dozo Albion san. I knew someone would appreciate the humor. I wonder how many people in this forum are Navy vets or active? Sorry about the spelling Mr Kazzer, English isnt my strong suit
    Last edited by Von Hilde; 01-19-2013, 05:26 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Albion
    replied
    arigato gosaimas is thank you very much in japanese

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Von Hilde
    Its a WESTPAC thang my brutha, sorta like sayin a gizmo or whatchamacallit. But a goziemas could be classified into two catagories (a) gozintas and (2) gozontas. A gozinta is an object that goes in to, something as opposed to a gozonta that attaches externally to something. So the attachment on that sub would be referred to as a goziemas, but its a goziemas for a gozonta.
    What are you trying to do here? Overload the spellchecker?

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    Its a WESTPAC thang my brutha, sorta like sayin a gizmo or whatchamacallit. But a goziemas could be classified into two catagories (a) gozintas and (2) gozontas. A gozinta is an object that goes in to, something as opposed to a gozonta that attaches externally to something. So the attachment on that sub would be referred to as a goziemas, but its a goziemas for a gozonta.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    Whats a gozaiemas?

    Leave a comment:


  • Von Hilde
    replied
    I think their version of an SDV rather than rescue, but back in that day it may well have been a launcher for a Gozaiemas.

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    You could be right. I dont know. I was thinking possibly support pads for a small rescue sub............Maybe.

    Leave a comment:


  • reddevil
    replied
    Hydrophones?

    Leave a comment:

Working...