I spy!
Collapse
X
-
Dave, the reason why you say that the batterys have been pulled is because they are sitting so high in the water? If not, how else can you tell? -
Yes, the Conning Tower is missing on the boat on the right. It is the Parche. Actually I was referring to the Bulge on the stern of the middle boat. I will give you a clue. The middle boat is the Spinax.Leave a comment:
-
PARCHE?
Inactive-ship facility.
Batteries have been pulled from two of these boats.Leave a comment:
-
I tried to look at the writing on the far boat, and I got a little 'flag' come up and say ' Don't waste your time looking here!" The writing said MARCHE
Where is the sail on that boat? I guess you're referring to the bump on the superstructure?Leave a comment:
-
Lets see if anyone has been paying attention. I Spy an unusual feature on this submarine. Who can tell us what it is?Leave a comment:
-
Perhaps it was an optical illusion. The picture in the first post seemed to show a larger angle in the way the superstructure fared into the hull. But this one pretty much shows the same thing.Leave a comment:
-
I SPY.............something unusual. Notice in this picture at the bow where the superstructure meets the hull. Looks very different than the other Ohios that I have seen. Does anyone else see it?
Leave a comment:
-
If you go back up and look at the pictures posted on 10-5 at 10:45 am, the first picture shows a view from the port side. Note how long the sail is. Much longer in length than the normal Yankee. Alot of extra room for extra goodies.Leave a comment:
-
Maybe that deal on the nose is a test bed for this, the B90 Sarov.
Leave a comment:
-
Deep Dark secrets from the Evil Empire. This sail is attached to Yankee K-403 Kazan. It was de-missletized and made into the sole Yankee Pod. According to various sources it was then used to evaluate various submarine systems including the infamous Pod atop the rudder, later used on Sierra and Akula. As well as various sonar systems.
In this picture you can barely see something unusual on the nose. The picture was very dark. I lightened it up as much as I could. Whatever it is they covered it up with a tarp in the last picture. Sneeky Devils.
Last edited by greenman407; 10-05-2012, 09:49 AM.Leave a comment:
-
I've seen something like this on one or more SKIPJACK's: either a Mk44 or Mk46 weapon transducer section set into the leading edge of the sail -- mine avoidance sonar or some such, I think.
The unit on the port side of the above photo looks like a torpedo transducer. Same thing, maybe?
DavidLeave a comment:
-
I SPY a Russian submarine with some unusual features. Can anyone place it?
Last edited by greenman407; 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks 639mpa. As to the Russian submarine sensors, I believe that this submarine was a test bed for the SOKS sensor system as used on the Akula but Ive also seen some on a Victor boat.Last edited by greenman407; 10-02-2012, 03:51 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I was speaking about the earlier picture where the under ice sonar was painted.
The partially open door above the sonar is for the whistle. It was always fun to be the one to test it after surfacing because it spewed out water that collected in it. One time the surfacing crew blew it out but it collected water from a lot of surface spray. The deck crew got a bath when we came to the pier and we sounded the whistle when backing. It was funny as heck but they were po'd.Leave a comment:
-
The partially open door above the sonar is for the whistle. It was always fun to be the one to test it after surfacing because it spewed out water that collected in it. One time the surfacing crew blew it out but it collected water from a lot of surface spray. The deck crew got a bath when we came to the pier and we sounded the whistle when backing. It was funny as heck but they were po'd.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: